The Birth of the #Grandaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was awesome One-T.

I do want to comment on the first half of Harry's post though. I for one really appreciate the fact that the Callaway guys are spending time here bantering on our turf about a very fun event that at least to me is another step toward this New Callaway they speak of. It is so cool to me that you have executives of one of the biggest companies who are willing to interact with us pro-sumers on this kind of level.

That being said, the #zoocrew is headed to the taxidermist.

Haha i'm a Callaway homer true and true. Being part of #teamcallaway 2 years running means #zoocrew gets my backing

You poor soul DHJ. Just remember that Team THP is the reason you were part of Team Callaway 2 years running. I didnt see Harry or Chad send you Tacos. :D

Haha i'm a Callaway homer true and true. Being part of #teamcallaway 2 years running means #zoocrew gets my backing

stone-cold-laughing-o.gif

Please reinstate negative rep for a few minutes

It would seem to many that the #zoocrew are the underdogs here and i'm all about the underdog. Let's not forget the biggest underdog stories of last year. Morgan Cup 2012 Sunday morning everyone had written off Team Hackers and one would have predicted us to come back to win it. Then you have the Ryder Cup in which Europe were the underdogs bigtime and again on Sunday morning people said it was all over for Europe but again the underdogs raised themselves up to be victorious.

Never turn your back on an underdog

The Kelly defection stings a bit, but I still love him. Regardless, the pain goes away quickly when I think about wearing my new championship belt around town.

Anyone know where I can get a "proud to support Team THP" banner for my signature?

It would seem to many that the #zoocrew are the underdogs here and i'm all about the underdog. Let's not forget the biggest underdog stories of last year. Morgan Cup 2012 Sunday morning everyone had written off Team Hackers and one would have predicted us to come back to win it. Then you have the Ryder Cup in which Europe were the underdogs bigtime and again on Sunday morning people said it was all over for Europe but again the underdogs raised themselves up to be victorious.

Never turn your back on an underdog

halfbaked-boo.gif

Apparently Mr. Kelly is acting funny. Which is understandable, since his country hasn't seen sunlight in 600 years.

#zoocrew Homer

images

Wow, congrats Hawk...such Paradise in the works. This thread is moving faster than the banter on a Friday night....pure awesomeness.

Well, boys (and GG), this one is going to be awesome. JB and I went back and forth about trying to figure out something different, something cool, something totally fun, and a way that the #zoocrew and THP could bond over golf, equipment, talk, and camaraderie. This one is right up our alley and I know y'all will love this. Our team is so excited to be a part of this and know it will be something we all talk about for years to come. Hopefully you guys will appreciate we're trying to be different and lead with cool ideas and continue to put you guys right in the middle of it all. JB is awesome to open the doors for us to do things like this together. I'm pretty sure this one won't disappoint.

Now, back in character...Do you guys remember years ago that awesome golf forum called "GolfersTalkinGolf.com"? It had about 9MM members and was the most active golf community on the interwebs. It was lead by a really great guy named Kenny and his wife, Dottie. Salt of the earth. Well, we challenged them to a team event and they picked 8 members of the GTG community to represent them in the competition. Slowly but surely, infighting, awkward trash talking, and the Louisiana style back office politics started to chip away, erode, and ultimately destroy any camaraderie GTG.com had. In the end, when we met up for the competition, GTG was just 8 infighting, backstabbing individuals. They stood no chance versus our team. We won that team event over the GTG team 48 1/2 to 1/2 (the last half point came in my singles match when I gave Kenny a 70 foot putt for the half. Hey, Jack Nicklaus was my idol). The GTG.com-ers went back to their respective home towns, developed very serious drinking problems, and stopped posting. Some even ended up in jail. 3 months later, GTG was down to 4 members (Hawk, ironically, was one of them) and they decided to disband and move away to a far off colony (like the Cylons), never to be heard from again.

Moral? Don't Eff with the #zoocrew or you will end up with a drinking problem living like a Cylon in a far off deserted colony.

#bringit

Harry, what you, callaway and THP are doing is amazing.

However thpers will be playing competitive golf all year long, starting with the invitationals and ending with the #grandaddy.

Thpers will be ready.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

However thpers will be playing competitive golf all year long, starting with the invitationals and ending with the #grandaddy.

Thpers will be ready.

True, and well stated. I was thinking the same thing but you put it here just perfectly.

Thpers will be ready.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

We start laying the ground work for this monumental victory next week in Dallas.

This sounds absolutely badass.

There's a whole lot awesomeness in the last 6 pages of this thread....

Oh hell..in this whole thread!

The Kelly defection stings a bit, but I still love him. Regardless, the pain goes away quickly when I think about wearing my new championship belt around town.

I have no doubt that you will be a monumentally awesome captain and you will always have my support

Let me predict the ending (pretend this is Hawk):

leonard-brookline-400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back