One shot you want to add to your game

I pitch the ball around the green more than I chip it, because I am more comfortable. I'd like to get more confident with a chip shot.
Play it back in your stance, hand forward and hit down on the back of the ball. Also open yourself to the target
A putting stroke would help my game immensely.

I would like to be better out of fairway bunkers. I don't get in them often but when I do it's about 50% that I'm satisfied with the out come.
take one more club and keep you lower body very quiet. Normal swing, don't try to help it in the air.

High draw, I would love to be able to hit it controlled with regularity.
Once you get used to lifting and swinging the club, it'll come back

I'd simply like to be able to hit a 3 wood 2nd shot, I struggle with distance being a new golfer and could do with the extra length that it would give. I'm getting a little success from the rough with it but if it's in the middle of the fairway I can't get under it, I top it every time...
Don't try to help it into the air. Play the ball off your left heel or a little further back. It's very important that you stay down and through the shot. I'd give yourself a little spin tilt which will make you catch this on you upswing and give you the height you're trying to manufacture.

Just add loft buddy. Loft is your friend.

I'm already at 10.5 with it turned up, lol. I like my med-high spin drivers. The Anser and I didnt get along due to the ultra low spin.

I would like to be able to hit a controlled draw, it seems that most of the time when I hit a draw it's when I am lined up to hit a straight ball...but if I line up to play a draw..I either hit it straight or push it.

Go Figure

I don't agree with this. I have been taught that hitting down with every club is the way to go.
This is one method, the other is sweeping or catching the ball at the bottom of the swing. And most pro have their hands behind the ball at address or even with the driver no in front.

This is one method, the other is sweeping or catching the ball at the bottom of the swing. And most pro have their hands behind the ball at address or even with the driver no in front.

I agree about at address. But not at impact. Tour pros delofted their drivers at impact. I believe.

Either a 50-70 yard "drop & stop" shot or a baby fade with my driver.

I want a Mickelson-type, super high, flop shot that just drops straight down. I had been doing well at developing that shot, then something went askew and I can't do it anymore. It certainly would help me on courses I play around here.

A controlled fade. High, low, I don't care, just so long as I could fade the ball. I can hit it straight, I can draw with ease, but a fade for me is nearly impossible no matter what I try. If I could hit a controlled high fade to tight right side pins I'd be a happy man.

I want to be able to consistently stop the ball on the green from 100 yards and in. For some reason, I have all kinds of trouble from those distances. I think I come over the top too much and most of the time leave it short.

I don't care to add any new shots, I just want to add height to my green side chips. As of now I'm pretty screwed when I short side myself.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Since I can't think of just one shot to add, I really want to improve my game from about 170-250 but not off the tee. I really struggle with these longer shots with long irons and FWs part of the issue is the fact that I know I am far away so I swing really hard and fast and that always winds up killing me. I need to really work on this part of my game going forward.

I want my straight ball back. I used to hit a straight ball or slight fade with my irons, but last Summer I was determined to learn how to hit a draw. Sure enough, started hooking and now I'm to the point, I don't know where the ball is going. Irons used to be my strength, but lately it's been a weakness.

Bump and run, hands down.

I'm at the point where I'm 100% more comfortable hitting a flop shot than a bump and run.

Yeah same here. We are not supposed to practice chipping on & around the local practice green and its been difficult for me to reliable hit a shot that needs to carry 5 yards then roll 10-15 yards. I almost always leave it short. Like 20 feet short. I would settle for something inside 10 feet. On the other hand if I need to get something up in the air and stop, its almost always inside 10 feet.

and in a close 2nd place... a reliable 3 wood off the tee. Waaay too inconsistent. It can go left, right or nowhere... Its probably losing its spot in my bag to a hybrid but I am hopeful to get the 5 wood going. Its been getting more consistent off the fairway and flies reliable straight or pulls left. If I can aim down the right side and get it 220 yards in the fairway there are a lot of holes that would be useful.

Great thread idea Freddie. I too would like to add a repeatable baby draw off the tee. Hopefully with more practice this spring I can get it down with some decent consistency.

The 50 yard bunker shot

God what I wouldn't give for a straight tee shot

I definitely need better bunker play, but that's not a new shot, per se. If I were to add a new shot, it would be the long iron/FW stinger. Got a few tight fairway courses around me where the fairways are lined with trees/houses or with water and reed grasses (worse), so it would be awesome to be able to count on a shot to get me out there 220-230 and straight almost every time.

The straight one. This game would be way easier if I could hit it the right way.

The ability to flight a tee ball lower to get under high gusts of wind, with a slight draw for some rollout.

The one-hop pitch that stops dead.

50-100 yd knockdown shot that stops after 1-2 hops.

The stinger

Back