Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep Fairway Wood Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has a preview of this new addition to the Callaway X-Hot line including a video done by Callaway Talks.

http://bit.ly/Ycyxvt

mmmm.... x deep....

Finally!!!

Im liking the looks of that. Reminds me of some other deep faced fairways that I have been impressed with in the past. Combine that with the XHot distance, and I think there is a winner!

I just realized how funny I would feel if I set my driver to 12.5* and played a 13* deep 3wood.

Mini driver?

220px-MinnieDriverJan2011.jpg

Cant wait to hit this. The reviews so far have been just amazing.

I'm very interested. Definitely would like to see how it works as an alternative to driver.

That was a nice interview, Harry always cracks me up.

No idea what I prefer honestly in choosing the standard vs the deep version. Guess I would have to try both to see which one worked better for me.

Seems like this is almost a mini driver, especially at 13*.

Liked what Randy said about this still being good on strikes low on the face even though the CG was raised.

Really cool hearing what this will do for Phil's bag and how it impacts his use of the driver so greatly.

That's pretty cool, I love the looks of it. It will be interesting to see it in action.

Much prefer deep faced fairway woods.
Got my RBZ 2 but I still feel my original hawkeye was so much more confidence inspiring with its deep face.
Much easier to hit too.

I like the idea - I have been wanting to try a deep faced 13 or so degree 3wood for some time now. It would be more for tee use though because I feel like I may hit it better than my driver. Personally I would have a hard time carrying this and a normal 3 or 4 wood though. I think these benefit long hitters as well as short hitters equally so I am glad Callaway is listening. They have really stepped up their game this year.

YEAH BUDDY! Can't wait for it to arrive on my doorstep.

"Most meaningful club Phil has every put in the bag" - Bones

Prediction: Jman and Playdough will be fighting one another at the Demo Day in May to hit this club.

That video has some very good information on it.

Callaway sure is busy these days. Will be interesting to put the deep up against the reg and see what people think. 13* Wow

FINALLY! This has been maybe the worst kept secret of the year for Callaway but that's probably by design on their part too. I am very intrigued, I think this presents an awesome option off the tee and for those long shots off the fairway especially into the wind when keeping the ball low is a must. I think this would be an amazing compliment to an X Hot 4 wood. Let the pondering begin!

Aaahhh more pictures!

This club looks absolutely awesome. I can't wait to try it. That 14.5° has my name on it. Maybe I should have waited instead of ordering that 15° X Hot Pro, hmmmm...

I'm liking what I heard. Although I for me I worry about hitting a deep 3w off the deck. However I rather hit 3w than driver off the tee majority of the time. I guess if I backed it up with something that I can hit off the deck like a 4 wood this would be an ok option for me. Loved hearing the talk about Phil and it's something certainly to watch for at the masters like was talked about it the video.

If that happens, send me your X Hot Pro!

We can work something out sir. I've got a utility with your name on it too IIRC...and its just sitting now.

I like this alot, the video was awesome too. I'm NOT a 3W into a Par 5 guy, if I'm at that distance, I'm laying up and playing for my third shot location. I have in the last year however come to LOVE 3W off the tee on short or tight par 4's. I carried a TF3 14* last year for that until switching to the XHP (which is as long) so to see the DEEP 13*....oh my!

I love the idea of this clubs and I am looking forward to hitting it down the road. I wonder if other "deep" offerings will be available, like a 4w or 5w.

Back