Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

I had an awwwwwfully good experienece with the TTs and the x100's today.

HmmmMmmMmMMMmmmm

Also, please go hit these. they are fun.

I don't like you. War is bad enough, don't you start on me with these too!

I had an awwwwwfully good experienece with the TTs and the x100's today.

HmmmMmmMmMMMmmmm

Also, please go hit these. they are fun.

Well, will you just go ahead and let me know that I have been correct all along?

Well, will you just go ahead and let me know that I have been correct all along?

Your opinion has been downgraded due to your assessment of the Altitude's. :alien:

HA!!! So awesome...

And apparentlky true. Maybe I'll go hit these this weekend.

Your opinion has been downgraded due to your assessment of the Altitude's. :alien:
Haha, if only you could see the miserable time I had with those irons. That hosel is just so unforgiving.
HA!!! So awesome...

And apparentlky true. Maybe I'll go hit these this weekend.
I think you should. Shaft options is the big question for me right now.

I don't like you. War is bad enough, don't you start on me with these too!

Let me make it worse.. Here's as good as it got for me....

20130405_140811.jpg

Splitting time with my dad and the CBs with PX 6.5s so the averages are a bit wonky. Realistic carry is easy 185-190

Let me make it worse.. Here's as good as it got for me....

20130405_140811.jpg

Splitting time with my dad and the CBs with PX 6.5s so the averages are a bit wonky. Realistic carry is easy 185-190

Oh... I thought you said you hit it well?

Hehe. 97mph 6i swing speed is ludicrous. That's Internet golf speed.

come on canadaniel can't you get more ball speed than that! :bulgy-eyes:

Gottdang. It would be hard to get much better than that.

normally this is where I quote you and complain about them longknockers. But you are one of them now

Not like that man. Not even close!

I am pretty impressed there Dan.

Oh... I thought you said you hit it well?

Hehe. 97mph 6i swing speed is ludicrous. That's Internet golf speed.

I'm sure it's a bit juiced, but it was a confident swing that was more sweep than dig. The TT allowed me to sweep without fear of thinning and losing a ton of yards. Even the ones I "noped" because of thin carried a good 190.
come on canadaniel can't you get more ball speed than that! :bulgy-eyes:

No. No I can not hahaha!

I am pretty impressed there Dan.

Thank you guys! It'll be a shorter ponder than I think for MC irons. They full on impressed me.

AtlantaDan is the man! :blob::clapp::golf2:

Nice man. Those are solid numbers. I want to see what the MT's do for you as well. Just curious.

Nice man. Those are solid numbers. I want to see what the MT's do for you as well. Just curious.

I'll be hitting them in the next couple days hopefully. Should be interesting to see the variation in the two.

The top line is fairly substantial on the TT compared to my current gamers and the MB/CBs, so it'll be interesting to see what the MT is like in my hands. I don't think it's a total game changer, it's just something I noticed quite a bit yesterday with the TT. Certainly something that would take no time at all to get used to.

I'll be hitting them in the next couple days hopefully. Should be interesting to see the variation in the two.

The top line is fairly substantial on the TT compared to my current gamers and the MB/CBs, so it'll be interesting to see what the MT is like in my hands. I don't think it's a total game changer, it's just something I noticed quite a bit yesterday with the TT. Certainly something that would take no time at all to get used to.

How is the top line against the burners u gamed last year? I would think the adjustment period would be minimal with your experiences with those.

How is the top line against the burners u gamed last year? I would think the adjustment period would be minimal with your experiences with those.

I was trying to draw that comparison yesterday but the burners were weird for me. Being a black/dark grey top line, the transition into them was a non-factor because they flat out looked different from other irons due to colour. I was trying really hard to get that in my head yesterday, but it just wasn't computing the way you'd think it would. Brains work in funny ways I guess.

Like I said, it's going to be non-factor, it was just notable between the TT and CB. I am simply curious as to whether that increases in the MT.

Long story made short. Iron shopping uncle.

For a mid handicap, TT or MT?

Long story made short. Iron shopping uncle.

For a mid handicap, TT or MT?

Why not both?

What I experienced with the TTs yesterday suggests that hitting thin is incredibly forgiving. If the MTs are going to promote better launch, he'd be in good shape to at least give a combo set a run.

Why not both?

What I experienced with the TTs yesterday suggests that hitting thin is incredibly forgiving. If the MTs are going to promote better launch, he'd be in good shape to at least give a combo set a run.

The hard part for me. My aunt is having me shop for her husband as a surprise birthday present. He doesn't know that he's getting clubs.

He isn't demoing or testing. I am just going off of what I know and like.

The hard part for me. My aunt is having me shop for her husband as a surprise birthday present. He doesn't know that he's getting clubs.

He isn't demoing or testing. I am just going off of what I know and like.

Swing speed? Current irons? Nothing to go on?

Swing speed? Current irons? Nothing to go on?

All I got to go on is his average league score from last year was 46.

He lives on a golf course and plays 3 times a week.

Last time I played with him was 2 years ago. And he was low 50s per 9

Back