RIP Pat Summerall

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Pat Summerall, the former football player turned play-by-play announcer, has died of sudden cardiac arrest. http://t.co/scCWKCooVe

One of the best I have ever heard.

Man, he was awesome. Always had the right thing to say at the right times RIP.

Wow, he was a broadcasting legend. RIP...

Oh man.....he will be missed by many. Such a great announcer.

A huge loss of a sports broadcasting legend. I can hear his voice in my head from old replays of the Masters as well as on Sunday afternoons.

that's too bad, he was one of the best ever.

Sad to here this. A huge loss in the broadcasting world. He will certainly be missed.

He and Madden were the best pair EVER. I still have several old VHS tapes of NFL games with them doing the game. Including a couple of classic Thanksgiving games. I need to transfer them to digital.

I have yet to hear any broadcast crew that can touch the chemistry they had. In fact, I pretty much don't like any TEAM that's out there right now. Maybe I'm just getting old. LOL.

I have yet to hear any broadcast crew that can touch the chemistry they had. In fact, I pretty much don't like any TEAM that's out there right now. Maybe I'm just getting old. LOL.

It's not just you. Every once in a while on Sunday they'll get it right but for the most part it's a bunch of blah.

Just saw this on FB, the broadcasting world just lost a great asset!

RIP Pat, you are a true sporting legend.

My earliest memories of NFL football are him and John Madden doing Giant games in 1986. A magical year in my young life, and he was a big part of it.

Pat Summerall & Tom Brookshier were the best NFL announcing team ever, although John Madden turned out to be a good replacement for Brooksheir.

He was as smooth as they come, I had the pleasure of meeting him several times and he was truly a class act all the way. He will be missed.

A true legend.

Pat Summerall and John Madden were a great combination WAY before the Red Zone. RIP.

Wow, RIP Pat.

Damn this sucks. I like Pat and his delivery. One of the greats, flat out made events better. RIP Pat.

Heard him call so many great sporting events over the years. Can't help but think Keith Jackson won't be far behind. Fantastic voices!

Sad to hear about his passing. What a great voice for golf and football.

R.I.P. he will be missed by NFL fans everywhere.

Man, this is a sad day for sports. He was such a great announcer. Will be missed, I'm sure. Rest in peace, Pat!

A true legend and he will be missed by all of the NFL! RIP

Back