The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

I got a great one year performance review at work today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Finished my taxes about an hour ago. I put it off because I thought I would owe both Kansas and Federal a lot.

Ended up getting refunds from both. HHJJ.

It's sunny & warm up here in the north. Snow is retreating fast, but it's still wet. Found a way to get swings in (without ball); heading to backyard soon to pound a dozen oldies out on the frozen lake.

Good to be back on THP after 5 days. Hard to catch up after missing that much time!

I got to go on a company paid field trip to my golf course today. They have new ownership and are expanding and renovating the clubhouse and are doing doors/windows/etc. through us. Amazing that my golf course is actually now interested in being a golf course and having some nice ameneties.

Suspension lifted, playing tomorrow and thurs to qualify for next week. #soexCITED.

the construction of my second garage starts tomorrow. I'm glad. I need to have this built before I leave for the Outing in Florida next month. It will be nice to get all the clutter out of my attached garage. And get my 2 axle utility trailer away from the house.

the construction of my second garage starts tomorrow. I'm glad. I need to have this built before I leave for the Outing in Florida next month. It will be nice to get all the clutter out of my attached garage. And get my 2 axle utility trailer away from the house.

Post pics up of the progress

sitting in the hospital with family. My sister just gave birth to get first child. A little girl named Talia Elizabeth. Came a little early but nothing drastic. Seems like all is well right now.

sitting in the hospital with family. My sister just gave birth to get first child. A little girl named Talia Elizabeth. Came a little early but nothing drastic. Seems like all is well right now.
Congrats Uncle Ddec!

Dean DeCasdjklfhaosifhaslf!!

Congrats, I am the youngest of 4 and STILL freakin waiting to be an uncle. That is awesome~

Two car? One car? I wish we had an extra garage.

Here's something I learned. If you build a wood shed big enough for a car to fit in it, stick a garage door on that sucker! They are cheaper per square foot to insure than sheds. Even if you never use it for a car!

Congratulations ddec.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Spring has arrived!!

In Denmark btw, first round of the year today. :banana:

Just blasted my old apartment complex with reviews on a few sites. Man that feels good.

Congrats Uncle Dino!

congrats captain uncle Deano....

i had something pretty awesome happen to me today that i wanted to share.... i got done work this morning and i decided i wanted to go play at least 9 holes somewhere and work on my pelz system i remembered a 9 hole course down where near my parents live that i knew was short and would have a lot of under 100 yard shots left into some small greens. so i decided to just head down there and see if i could get on. when i arrived i saw a TON of older golfers and i almost decided to go somewhere else but i didn't i figured for the price i would just suck it up and deal with the slow play for 9. i went into the clubhouse and the guy working there ended up being my old high school golf coach that i hadn't seen for a very long time. after catching up for a bit i told him i didn't have a tee time and i just wanted to get out and play 9 and i would be walking he said oh great day for that, have a great time. i figured since we had been chatting he forgot that i hadn't paid. so i said how much do i owe you? he said "oh don't worry about it you can owe me... the way i figure from what i taught you in high school plus today and interest you owe me about $4k" i started laughing and said ok well let me know when you need me to pay up.

as i was walking out he said do you remember Andy? (he was another guy on the golf team) i said yeah i did, he said do you remember the last time you me and him played our home course your senior year? i said of course i did, he said that was his last eagle he ever had and the last full round he played. he retold the story and i remembered it as it happened yesterday... we were on 17 and 18 was a par 3 but 17 was a longer par 4 with a big water carry for the 2nd shot i'll never forget that hole. my coach didn't have his clubs so for the round he used our clubs so he hit my buddys driver off the tee and when we got to his ball he grabbed my 6 iron and hit it onto the front of the green and we all watched as it rolled towards the hole and dropped in. he told me it was the last full round he played. he retired after that year and has had some health issues thats really kept him from playing... But the memory and seeing him brought a smile to my face even though it was bittersweet to a point. really just was one of those experiences that touched me a little bit and made me realize how far i've come playing this game and how even remembering one shot can bring a smile to your face almost 15 years later.

Super congrats here, you will make a great uncle!

Dean, congrats!

Buck, that's just awesome buddy.

Congrats, ddec!

After sitting in subway waiting for 2.5 hours, my new stereo is in and man is it nice. Best part is, they didnt jerk me around with the price, and gave me essentially the same product as the closest competitor, but for $30 less. Nice.

After sitting in subway waiting for 2.5 hours, my new stereo is in and man is it nice. Best part is, they didnt jerk me around with the price, and gave me essentially the same product as the closest competitor, but for $30 less. Nice.
Smart move, stereo is much more important than paying for insurance.

Smart move, stereo is much more important than paying for insurance.

calm down dude, jeeze. my dad paid for most of it for my birthday present, so it was only about $50 out of pocket for me, and i still have around $900 in my bank, and insurance is covered through july.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back