What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing absolutely horrible golf yesterday, turned around a shot a personal best today. I'm really happy with the score, but the way I finished just irks me.

Way to go! Don't worry about the finish. Keep working at it and that will get better too.

Way to go! Don't worry about the finish. Keep working at it and that will get better too.

Thanks. My mental approach has come a long way lately and I've found myself in position to have a really good round with 2 holes left a couple of different times now. Those situations have resulted in double bogeys that I know are coming from me getting tense and thinking about my score, when I'm not doing it the rest of the round. That's the next step now, to keep the score and everything else out of my mind for 18, not 16 holes.

First full round this season. The course was wet, the sun was shining. All the stuff you do inside hitting from a mat is useless when you go play for real. Shot a terrible 98, but had a lot of good shots in there too. First round with my Miura set, need to check the lie angles. :D

Despite of a terrible score, this year will be awesome! 50% of the shots that were good felt better that the best shots last year.

First full round this season. The course was wet, the sun was shining. All the stuff you do inside hitting from a mat is useless when you go play for real. Shot a terrible 98, but had a lot of good shots in there too. First round with my Miura set, need to check the lie angles. :D

Despite of a terrible score, this year will be awesome! 50% of the shots that were good felt better that the best shots last year.

that's how I was my first round up north. My score wasn't good but either were the conditions. And I agree about moving from a mat to wet turf.

First round in, no worried bro! You'll get it sorted out!

shot a 79 on a just aerated course today. didn't play great but had some nice shots. driver was erratic again till the back 9 when i got in a groove with it and was crushing it. had quite a few on the back over 300. might need a new shaft.

shot a 79 on a just aerated course today. didn't play great but had some nice shots. driver was erratic again till the back 9 when i got in a groove with it and was crushing it. had quite a few on the back over 300. might need a new shaft.

Shooting 79 isn't that great?! Can I borrow some strokes? Hahaha I'm kidding

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

+7, 78. Ball striking wasn't all that great but my putting saved me (only 30 putts.)

My heavy draw is back and driving me crazy!

41-42 for 83 on one of the tougher courses that I play around here. It plays at 6640 yards, and was probably playing even longer today because it was pretty cold for the first 12 holes. It was the best score that I've shot on that course, so I was happy. I'm driving the ball pretty well right now, but I need to improve on converting those fairways hit into greens in regulation, I only had 6 GIRs today. I also need to put in some short game work, I feel like my chipping and pitching of the ball is pretty poor right now. Still, my first 3 rounds of the year have all been 85 or under, which is promising.

38/37 = 75

Hell. Yes.

Nicely done jman! Fantastic round there.

38/37 = 75

Hell. Yes.

Awesome round man, where do u play out there? Never played much golf west of here was curious as to what the courses are like

Maybe Jman will give us a course review. : )

38/37 = 75

Hell. Yes.

Some great rounds being posted lately fellas, but holy lowness Jman...VERY well done!

nice round Jman!

Thanks Buck!

Nicely done jman! Fantastic round there.

Thank you!

Awesome round man, where do u play out there? Never played much golf west of here was curious as to what the courses are like

Thanks sir, I play at a course in my hometown, its only a 15 minute drive from where I work and they cut me a good deal for walking so it gets most of my time. Only recently started playing it from the back tees as its 6900 there vs the blues at 6500 but the real reason is it took the course from 69.6/116 to 74/127...and it takes a lot of the corners I used to be able to cut out of play. Only moderate elevation changes, some large fairways and deep greens, not hard golf by many of our oh-so-talented-THP'ers standards but its what I've got around here.

Maybe Jman will give us a course review. : )

I was thinking about that while playing today actually. Its nothing compared to the pretty courses you guys get to play on daily, but after we get into the 80's and the bermuda wakes up I'll take some pic's and do a little writeup.

Some great rounds being posted lately fellas, but holy lowness Jman...VERY well done!

Thanks buddy, it was a good day. Driver stayed in play and I had three BOMBS, no OB's, no doubles, two birdies, and no three putts. In fact, my putting was scary on all day.

Thanks. My mental approach has come a long way lately and I've found myself in position to have a really good round with 2 holes left a couple of different times now. Those situations have resulted in double bogeys that I know are coming from me getting tense and thinking about my score, when I'm not doing it the rest of the round. That's the next step now, to keep the score and everything else out of my mind for 18, not 16 holes.

I don't think about my score. I just write it down on the scorecard or enter it into my phone quickly and make a conscious effort not to look at where I am. I don't total anything until the last hole is done. Sure, I have a general idea whether I'm playing really well, just OK, or poorly. Of course the one downside can be that if you're not having a good day, you can be in for a shock. Not paying much attention you think, "Meh...I had a few triples and some doubles, shouldn't be too bad," and then find out you shot 102.

I don't think about my score. I just write it down on the scorecard or enter it into my phone quickly and make a conscious effort not to look at where I am. I don't total anything until the last hole is done. Sure, I have a general idea whether I'm playing really well, just OK, or poorly. Of course the one downside can be that if you're not having a good day, you can be in for a shock. Not paying much attention you think, "Meh...I had a few triples and some doubles, shouldn't be too bad," and then find out you shot 102.

Same here, I try not to look at the scores during the round. Occasionally I will look at the score after the front 9 but that can then put pressure on if I wanting to better a certain score - like last weekend when I had a horrible 51 for the front 9 so knew that if I wanted to break 90 I was going to have to shoot almost par for the back 9

The only score we tend to keep track of is the shots difference between us for some friendly competition

last night I snuck out for a quick 9 holes, when I mean quick I mean it was completed in under 45 minutes. I know the lady in the pro shop enjoyed that when i arrived just before 6:30 and told her I'd be gone by 7:30. I have been struggling badly this early season, no distance whatsoever, no consistency, and my shots have been just all over the place. Last night was a chance for me just get out there and play golf. I wanted to play quickly because I didn't want to think about my swing.

Well looking back on the night I can walk away happy. I had 4 bogeys and 5 pars. 1 bogey was a dreaded 3 putt on the first hole, which while I was frustrated with it, I kind of expect it. Right now the greens at my course are overly sanded and punched so it's like playing plinko on the beach. I had 3 approach shots land within 15 feet of the pin, the nearest one being about 7-8 feet. After starting off bogey-bogey(out of position on par 5 and missed a 10 foot par putt), I was able to get in to a better groove hitting 4 of the next 5 greens with 3 leaving good looks at birdie. Stepped on the 8th tee and thought to myself, shooting a 39 would be a good boost in confidence. I immediately pulled my tee shot in to a cluster of trees, hit a good escape shot that landed short of the green away from trouble, lack luster chip, which left me a 20 footer for par - which I drained. 39 was in reach, perfect drive on the 9th in the middle of the fairway with an iron in hand and I fatted it leaving me 30 yards short of the green which I did not get up and down from. So I settled for a 40. I did drop another ball for the first time that night and hit the next shot really good hitting the center of the green.

So all in all I was very encouraged last night. Still did not have much distance on my tee shots, but my iron game seemed to have turned the corner, at least for one round.

60 in 9 holes my short game was horrible today. But on a positive i have been really struggling with my slice. Today i hit 5 of 7 fairways and everything went straight or slightly left. Except my two misses one i topped and the other was a hard draw that went into another fairway. So all in all i am very happy with the day.

60 in 9 holes my short game was horrible today. But on a positive i have been really struggling with my slice. Today i hit 5 of 7 fairways and everything went straight or slightly left. Except my two misses one i topped and the other was a hard draw that went into another fairway. So all in all i am very happy with the day.

Someone went fairway hunting. Nice job!

First course time this year. 9 Holes. 42. 15 putts. 2 GIR. 5 FIR. 16 mph wind out of the NW. The wind destroyed my distance control.

For the first time out this year that is a SOLID day, nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back