The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. You and I are fully on the same page.

It might. I'm locked in the man cave now, just very pissed about it all.

Might be one of those things you talk about later haha

I'd be firm on that one man. "The average American car payment ranges between $380 and $460 dollars per month" Experian has it at 452 a month. We don't need to know what your car payment a month is, but you can certainly do the math and figure out how much you'd save in just a year. Hint: You could very likely take the Doctor on a very nice vacation for all your "trouble"

This is why the wife and I both drive paid for cars. They arent pretty but they run great. We have student loans as well and I have told her many times he only way she gets a new car is if this one explodes.

This is why the wife and I both drive paid for cars. They arent pretty but they run great. We have student loans as well and I have told her many times he only way she gets a new car is if this one explodes.

Exactly. It still runs right? Then you don't need a new car.

Indeed. My fuse is worn short right now.

I'll have a Yuengling for you man.

I'll have a Yuengling for you man.

Oh how I'm ready for that first one. It'll have been a month without beer by then, but that's a rant unto itself!

Can't wait to get to hang out again buddy.

Oh how I'm ready for that first one. It'll have been a month without beer by then, but that's a rant unto itself!

Can't wait to get to hang out again buddy.

Headlocks for all!

Being the one who has to be the realist about finances and thusly the bad guy when it comes to things. I'd love to buy you whatever you want, but to get to that point I'm trying to get rid of the other debts, shame on me.

Just the opposite in our household. I look back now and am certainly thankful she was the buzzkill and kept an eye on the future for the last 10 years. I came around and we're on the same page now. She will thank you one day. I certainly thank the wife for taking the unpopular stance.

Went to my late friend's memorial this evening. It's just so sad. But it was good to see that he touched a lot of people's hearts.

Went to my late friend's memorial this evening. It's just so sad. But it was good to see that he touched a lot of people's hearts.

Sorry to hear that, JN. Thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear that JN.

Got a call this morning before my round that one of my best friends from high school's dad has cancer. Pancreatic that has moved into the liver. Her dad is a great guy and loves golf, she called tonight and I told her he needed to set up a tee time in July when I come back for the Branson outing. I sure hope the treatment they are going to start him on gives him some quality of life to the end, however long that is. Just got back from Missouri from a funeral for another of my bud's dad last month...Cancer, you are loathed. He called me to see if I had heard as well tonight and was good to hear he is doing ok from his dad passing. Had to be hard on him hearing the news so soon after.

Sorry to hear about the JN. I love it when we can come out a funeral with a smile on our faces knowing the person touched others.

Doug, that is terrible. You seem to have had some bad luck with knowing people with cancer. Hope it's not serious.

The Official Rant of the Day

Today is apparently my last day of nice weather here in SC. Sunny and nice today, but then it's supposed to rain every day from Saturday until Thursday night (I leave Friday morning). Stupid weather.

I'm almost in the same boat as you. When I got married, we had two car payments, my student loans, and a little credit card debt. We both got serious about it several years ago and paid off all the debt and got rid of the credit cards. Now the only debt I have is my house and it's a whole lot less stressful. We still have financial issues that come up every now and then, but nothing like what we used to have. Things are much better now.

I'm almost in the same boat as you. When I got married, we had two car payments, my student loans, and a little credit card debt. We both got serious about it several years ago and paid off all the debt and got rid of the credit cards. Now the only debt I have is my house and it's a whole lot less stressful. We still have financial issues that come up every now and then, but nothing like what we used to have. Things are much better now.

Absolute truth. Life has become much less stressful once we got the cars, credit cards, and student loans paid off. While it won't be the same for everyone, we have also had a happier marriage come to fruition when we are not arguing/stressing over finances.

Absolute truth. Life has become much less stressful once we got the cars, credit cards, and student loans paid off. While it won't be the same for everyone, we have also had a happier marriage come to fruition when we are not arguing/stressing over finances as much.

FIFY. Little things always tend to come up! You're right though, it's been a lot easier to say, "here was the outflow per month towards debt. Here it is now with this paid off. Save up (or spend within the same amount) and then we're still getting what we want without going into debt over it."

And, on that note, I was just approved for another loan for school today. Ugh.

A deputy from my agency was killed in a car crash this morning. He had 5 kids, terrible terrible day.

A deputy from my agency was killed in a car crash this morning. He had 5 kids, terrible terrible day.

Thats horrible man. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Wake, that is terrible buddy.

Prayers for his family.

Try not to let things get you down too much.

Sorry to hear this Wake, my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

tried to clean out my subscriptions on here and accidentally deleted all of them! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back