Would you let your golf buddies use your clubs?

tpluff

I <3 GAWLF
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
Hey THPers. Came across this situation while playing a round this weekend and searched the forums and did not see anything along these lines. During my round last weekend with a few of my buddies from high school, they were really impressed with my newer selection of clubs. One of my friends in particular was very intrigued by my new R11s driver. I was playing out of my mind with my driver that round, at one point hitting 10 fairways in a row. Anyways, that friend asked if he could use my driver on 18's tee and he caught me off guard in every way. He knows I am very particular with my golf bag and my driver in particular. I looked at him and tried to imagine his swing and the worst case scenario. He is a decent golfer, handicap somewhere around 15 and a very free and easy swinger. After a few moments of awkward thought, I finally let him use it. It ended up going off without a hitch and he was very grateful, although I was on edge the entire time he had it in his hands.

I would like to get your insight into any situations that you have encountered similar to this during a round and what happened in the end. Additionally, if something went wrong with one of your buddies using your club what would be your reaction and consequences. Lastly, how would you kindly say "no" to one of your buddies if they asked to use one of your newest clubs.

Yep. I would and I have.

I guess I have a little more confidence in my playing partners that if they screwed up one of my sticks, they would pay for it.

Don't have an issue, it's just a club. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I'm a little anxious as well, but know that if something happened they would take care of it if needed.

Yep, its like I tell people at THP functions, my bag is fair game for everyone. Just the way I am.

I've let strangers that I met on the first tee use my fairways, so yeh anyone I know would be welcome, the only downside to letting him use my three wood was he dropped one just yards short of the pin from like 260 out thus totally removing any excuse I had for it not working for me. This guy could really hit the long ball, there were several holes we had to really search for his ball as no one could follow it as far as he hit it. I'm also of the belief you break you buy it, which is why I rarely try other people belongings they hold precious.

I'll let who ever hit whatever. Just ask before you touch my putter, that's almost like grabbing my wife hahaha. Other than that, go for it.

Unless I saw you throw a club because you hit a bad shot.

I've said no before. Didn't bother me to say so. Honestly about the only 3 clubs I really worry about someone hitting is my driver, fairway, and hybo. I also have a you sky it, you buy it program as well. Shaft not included.

Forgot to include, I won't ask to hit someone else stuff unless they ask, and even then I'll usually pass.

Of course. My bag is anyone else's bag. But you must be an elitist. Or at least declare yourself as an elitist and sign a waiver that I am not responsible for shanks and pull hooks that may occur.

I generally will let someone hit any of my clubs if he asks, especially if I think the club will help his game.

As long as they are a gardener and like shovels, then my bag has an open door policy.

If I know them I have no problems. Several years ago in a regular group I played with, there would be a few of us that would just trade bags for a round just for fun.

i do. i'll let them hit it. Then when they hit the ball really good, I'll throw out a starting price to negotiate a sale. lol. I could always use some new clubs. Its all in good fun.

Probably.

Absolutely I let my friends use my clubs. I have a few buddies with older clubs so I when they eye my bag I insist they try them out. I don't think they will cause any damage that will destroy the club so if its a sky mark or something they can buy me a couple a beer.

Maybe subconsciously that is why I picked my Mizuno's. The Internet and self-professed golf experts have convinced anyone that is not scratch they can not hit them so my playing partners never ask to try them.

I grew up in the in the inner city and golf was never introduced to me. At times I practice in a park not to far from my house. So yesterday I was hitting balls and 3 kids came up and watched me hit balls and they were amazed. They were not amazed at my game ha ha rather they have never seen anybody hitting golf balls. The next thing I know Im giving a golf lesson. I just handed them my 8 iron and let them swing away. Long story short I have no problems letting a friend or anyone else use my clubs

If i know that they wont possibly break them, yeah, i would probably let them use my clubs. Probably not the scotty tho :)

Yea all the time they're just clubs.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I sure would. But if you break it, I break you. Or you buy me a new one. Your choice.

I have let friends and complete strangers hit my clubs, never had a problem at all. As some else said, it is just a club.

I wouldn't have a problem letting friends us my clubs at all.

Back