Adams Idea Super 9031 Hybrid Proto Preview

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
The new Adams Proto hybrid arrived for me to do a home page review on. I grabbed some pics and will be getting some driving range and on course testing this week. I have to say that in the first pics in this thread I didn't think I'd be real fond of it, if you look back my first comment on it was "there's no way I'd be able to get the ball in the air with that thing" but in person I actually quite like the look and feel at address. I can't wait to get started, I'll update this thread as I progress with testing.

I really enjoyed that club Jake. It was a treat to hit.

Right on Jake. I bet you hit that thing better than you expect to.

It looks like there's hardly any offset at all. Is that true or just a trick of the camera angle?

Right on Jake. I bet you hit that thing better than you expect to.
Yeah I think you're right Hawk. I've constantly been taking practice swings and waggling with it since I got it and it looks to be a solid club for sure. I'm excited for sure!

It looks like there's hardly any offset at all. Is that true or just a trick of the camera angle?
It really doesn't have much dude. I'll get some range pics tomorrow at the address position so you can see it.

I moved these posts to a new thread so that P4Bs thoughts are more highlighted throughout.

I like the looks of that one. Crazy how much the face looks like an iron.

Wow. Those pics really do make it look a lot better IMO. Can't wait to hear your thoughts after you go all Jake Nation on it buddy.

Some quick thoughts:

1 - Great looking golf club. Reminds me a lot of the black from a couple years ago.
2 - I would love to be surprised, but I am relatively certain I would turn corners left with that thing.
3 - Insignificant: Not sure I like where hybrid headcovers are going throughout the industry.

Adams never skimps on shafts do they? Nice club.

I love the look of it. I like smaller head designs in general, and this is purdy.

Nice looking hybrid indeed, that toe is a little more square than I thought it was. A buddy of mine is looking for an upgraded don his idea pro hybrids, these might be a nice update

Jinx!!

They look like the A12 pro hybrids. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this one.

That was the other thing I noticed, the addition of the Diamana. I can dig that. Great shaft, and looks awesome paired with this head.

Looks like you could play some great bump and runs with this club. Versatile comes to mind. Reminds me
Of the prototype

Looks like you could play some great bump and runs with this club. Versatile comes to mind. Reminds me
Of the prototype

From 200 out, with a full swing, and not on purpose.

Interested in this one. I just put the a12OS hybrids back in the bag.

I still think this one looks bad-ass. No doubt.

Back