KBS C-Taper Lite Shaft Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Man. I am so curious about these. Should have some information flowing in by tomorrow afternoon and some initial reviews by the end of the weekend.

Very very interesting offering!! When I think C-Taper I think low spin, low launch with a very limited audience.

To expand to a high launch option is great! Interesting that they are geared towards players with a moderate swing speed.

These seem very interesting. Could be a great fit for those who aren't seeing quite a high enough launch in the Tours, but too high in the 90s. These might be a good fit for me!
I like the weight of these too!
Looking forward to hearing some things from the Testers

When I first caught wind of these I was thinking they were going to be a low launch/spin lightweight shaft. Sounds like these are something different, but still will be a great 3rd option for those unsure about KBS Tours or Tour 90s.

These have me very giddy

Interesting. I'm not sure I like the C-Taper lite name initially. When i think C Taper I think lower flight. But these according to their chart will launch higher and spin more than the KBS Tour. I'd give them a shot, but I don't know.

These have me excited, I won't lie. The 90's just always seemed to get away from me a bit. It's also impressive to see them fit right in the KBS familyoif shafts as a progression between the Tours and 90's.

I'm intrigued and very excited to get these in hand.

Interesting. I'm not sure I like the C-Taper lite name initially. When i think C Taper I think lower flight. But these according to their chart will launch higher and spin more than the KBS Tour. I'd give them a shot, but I don't know.

Yeah the name doesn't seem very fitting to me. I guess they have brought in the constant taper technology, which makes sesne, but like you I expect low launch when I hear that name.

Jman, Puttin4Bird and Hawk will each have a set of these very soon and start a review thread when they do. I am really looking forward to that.

Talk about funny timing! I was looking at all of the KBS offerings last night and said to myself "man, I wish there was an offering between the Tours and the Tour 90s"

Yeah the name doesn't seem very fitting to me. I guess they have brought in the constant taper technology, which makes sesne, but like you I expect low launch when I hear that name.

When I saw the name, I thought it was going to be similar to the PXi which if I recall had a similar launch and spin characteristics, but lighter. To me it's just a little confusing because it's not what I think of when I hear C Taper shafts.

Very interested to hear some reviewers thoughts on these in the upcoming weeks. The amount of new technology coming out in shafts today is mind bottling. I need to find a better fit for me one of these days.

I'd be curious to hit them. Launch higher and spin more than the KBS Tours, but not as much as the Tour 90's.

Jman, Puttin4Bird and Hawk will each have a set of these very soon and start a review thread when they do. I am really looking forward to that.
Looking forward to seeing how it works for those guys.

Hawk has the Tour 90s in his Rocketbladez, so I am hoping for some direct comparison to those.

These have me intrigued.

Hawk - what irons will you be putting these in? Would love if you could put them in the R'bladez

don't like the name think it makes the lines confusing.... but i do like another KBS option...

This will definitely be a fun testing opportunity! I am really pumped to get started. I'll be putting these irons in a set of Callaway X Forged and soon will be able to test them side by side with a set of X Forged with the stock PXi shaft. Should be a pretty good test!

I currently have the Tour 90s and would like to give these a try.

Looking forward to seeing how it works for those guys.

Hawk has the Tour 90s in his Rocketbladez, so I am hoping for some direct comparison to those.

These have me intrigued.

Indeed I do and that's what these will be going in. I've been thinking quite a bit about a shaft like this for those irons for awhile now, so I'm excited to see what comes of it.

Indeed I do and that's what these will be going in. I've been thinking quite a bit about a shaft like this for those irons for awhile now, so I'm excited to see what comes of it.

Awesome stuff! Now it's time for me to put in some more practice before KBS Invitational!

Love the X-Forged move Jake. We should have a good variety of combos out there.

I like that move. Going to be fun to see the comparisons.

This will definitely be a fun testing opportunity! I am really pumped to get started. I'll be putting these irons in a set of Callaway X Forged and soon will be able to test them side by side with a set of X Forged with the stock PXi shaft. Should be a pretty good test!

That will make for a great comparison Jake! With the original C-Taper being relatively limited on feedback, I wonder if the C-Taper lite will bridge that gap as compared to the very fluid PXi.

Csnt wait for the feedback to roll in. Love kbs shafts but ctspers werent for me...this however sounds like it could easily be something that fits my game

Back