What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the ferrules dude! Congratulations! Awesome!

It was the ferrules. Big thanks to you for giving the confidence to reshaft my irons.

Personal best today with 84 ..43/41 . Two three putts and a penalty on front . Hit 9 fws and 7 GIRs .chipping cost me on back nine I was one over (for the nine)with three to play .oh well coulda been better but still making progress .

Shot a very bad 74. Irons great, driving very good, chipping pretty good, putting meh. Had 8 putts for birdie under 12 feet and made two. One from 12, and one from about 8 inches. All the rest hit the hole and deflected at least 30°, so caught a good chunk (2 came back at me!). 2 bad shots led to bogeys, and a few bad luck bounces made up the rest. Oh, and on 18 from the middle of the fairway exactly 150 to the pin (normally a solid 9i) in centre of a 30 yard deep green. Into a solid 20 km/h headwind, I hit my 160 club (8i) just hoping to be on the front (very sloped back to front so never want to be past the hole). Hit it well, and watched it bounce off the back of the green and go another 15 yards. Grrrr. And in such thick rough I had no chance to hit it high, so had to bump and run into the same hill it bounced off. Unfortunately bounced off the top and went right off the front of the green. Got up and down from there, but still rather annoyed at it. Was a good shot, nothing felt weird, I was expecting it to land just below the hole. Not so much. Ah well, next time! My goal for the year is still 1) beat scorecard par (70), then beat real par (67) on my home course, then breaking par at another course if I can manage those 2.

Shamble format, everyone drives, pick best ball then play own ball rest of way. Was good practice.

Played 18 on a spur of the moment. Hit the ball well and didnt even know my score on the back 9 till I finished as I was too busy fighting with Tapatalk Beta to post pics, then filled in the card and saw a 74!! New PB by 4 strokes. GI irons FTW!!

Nice job Aaron. Great PB. I take it the putter is back to working good for you.

Played 18 on a spur of the moment. Hit the ball well and didnt even know my score on the back 9 till I finished as I was too busy fighting with Tapatalk Beta to post pics, then filled in the card and saw a 74!! New PB by 4 strokes. GI irons FTW!!

Congrats on the personal best!

Personal best today with 84 ..43/41 . Two three putts and a penalty on front . Hit 9 fws and 7 GIRs .chipping cost me on back nine I was one over (for the nine)with three to play .oh well coulda been better but still making progress .

Congrats, man! Great round.

Shamble format, everyone drives, pick best ball then play own ball rest of way. Was good practice.

Nice Nate. Sounds like a fun round.

Nice job Aaron. Great PB. I take it the putter is back to working good for you.

The DLL was great today. My review will come later but most of it I think Saturday was those Oklahoma greens!!

The DLL was great today. My review will come later but most of it I think Saturday was those Oklahoma greens!!
I like hearing that dude!

Got off work early and managed to get in 18 this afternoon. Starting to hit the new irons much better!

41/40 = 81

8/13 Fairways
6 GIR
29 Putts
1 penalty stroke

Finally had a decent round today, was able to get off work and play 9.

4/7 Fairways
0 GIR
13 putts

The 0 GIR was not something I like to see but I was around the greens the whole round and my chipping/putting really saved me.

Some nice rounds today! Congrats on the low rounds, trae, cheffor, and niteowl!

Wow, I don't know where this round came from. Went back to the Rocketbladez after a flirtation with the Altitudes and hit 8 GIR (double my previous best this year) and had 3 birdies despite not hitting my driver much farther than I can throw it.
[h=2]Stone Creek Golf Club[/h]
[h=3]Urbana, Illinois[/h][h=3]United States[/h][h=3]June 3, 2013[/h][h=3]Stroke Play[/h]
[h=3]
68.3 / 118​
White Tees[/h][h=3]
14.0​
Course Handicap:[/h]

• EAGLE

• BIRDIE

• PAR

• BOGEY

• 2BOGEY+

123456789OUT101112131415161718INTOTAL
WHITE331346138451336282136366492287834649032312833247638114634229645842
HANDICAP511917115731361016141812248
PAR443544345364543454343672
SCORE544444337383643454353775
ROUND SCORE+1+1+2+1+1+1+1E+2+2+1+2+2+2+2+2+2+2+3+3+3
NET SCORE544444337383643454353775
TEE CLUB1W1W8i1W1W1W9i1W1W1W1W3W8i1W1W3W7i1W
FAIRWAYS57%86%71%
GIR44%44%44%
PUTTS21212211214122211122141.6/28
SAND SHOTS111
PENALTIES

Holy crap. Great round Mike!

Got out for my second eighteen of the year today. Went to the course after work and forgot to bring a golf shirt this morning. Left my tie in the car, undid a couple of buttons and stepped onto the tenth tee without warming up. Shot a 41-39 (back-front) with 29 putts, eight fairways and seven GIRs. Had four really good looks at birdie that just didn't drop, and one that did. All in all it felt like a pretty solid round, considering I was in a dress shirt :D

Took out My "Vintage Bag" today and shot a smooth 76 on the Cypress Course at Cypresswood Golf Club in Spring, Tx. Played from the "White Tees" 6168 Yards. In my bag were the following Clubs: Wood Brothers Texas Soleplate 10* Persimmon Driver - 1970's Wilson Staff Persimmon 4 Wood - 1970's Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blades 2-PW - Cleveland Classics Original 588 SW & LW - Walter Hagen Gentle Ben Designed by Crenshaw Putter - Wilson Duo Golf Ball

Great round Mike, I need to play Stone Creek sometime I've never played there.

Great round Mike, I need to play Stone Creek sometime I've never played there.

Thanks, a blind squirrel finding a nut day. You should come on over and play Stone Creek sometime. They have a new management company and they have adjusted the pricing to make it more affordable for those under 55. Weekdays from 1 to 3 pm, is now $44, $54 before 11 am, $49 11-1, $39 3-5 pm, weekends are $5 more. Sure, beats the $59 I paid 3-4 times last year playing with retired faculty that I used to work with who can play for $35 before 11 am weekdays. I'm actually looking forward to turning 55 in a few years to take advantage of Stone Creek's senior rate. :laugh:

Wow, lots of great scores in here! Nice work guys.

My (9 hole) league round tonight was on track to be 2-3 strokes better than last week (including a really nice birdie)... until I totally botched the last hole by sending my drive straight into the water and then somehow being completely unable to hit an iron off an upslope the rest of the way to the hole.

What did you shoot today?

84. Not happy not destroyed. Decent score, but I got angry, and that made me angrier, result...angry :D

I usually can control my feelings but for some reason today I couldn't.

My drives were terrible, except for one on a par 4, strong drive on the green, but made birdie, totally messed up my eagle putt. My second good drive was on a par 5, third shot :D the first one I pulled in to a forest, lost ball, lost cause. The provisional ball middle of the fairway, 165 yards, 5-iron on the green, one putt, saved par.

8 pars, 1 birdie, 5 bogeys, 3 doubles, 1 triple.

But hey, I played golf, so no complaints!

Last edited:
Had real garbage session at range lunchtime so went for 9 after work as prep for comp tomorrow, can you spot the subtle difference between saturday's back nine and today's....?

spotthediffeerence.png

Wow, I don't know where this round came from. Went back to the Rocketbladez after a flirtation with the Altitudes and hit 8 GIR (double my previous best this year) and had 3 birdies despite not hitting my driver much farther than I can throw it.

haha Missing the Titleist now huh :D? I hit ya 910 better today, than i have hit a driver in a looooooooong time :thumb:

89 (46,43) Couldn't find a groove. A bogey train kind of day.

45/45 for 90. Had two birdies and hit 9 greens but had far too many blow ups. The scoring irons were working early (hit the first 5 greens), but cooled off considerably, joining my driver, long irons, and putter.

41/44=85.

2nd round of the year, not happy with the score but my ball striking is pretty good. Drawing a bit more than I'd anticipate, problems with club selection, chipping still shaky... my usual early season growing pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back