What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
40+45=85 at the easy course I live on. I had to wait over an hour to make the turn (senior mens club playing) and lost all the good mojo I had running over the front 9. Still this was the first sub 90 round in 2 months and I think I might have started to figure some of my problems out. Another 18 tomorrow is already planned to continue my work.

75 walked a new course great layout. Played without irons used Mitch's for 3 shots. Was fun getting creative and having to hit good tee shots.

Up and down today. I shot a 41 on a par 31 and my personal best is a 39. My short game was wonderful and typically it's horrible. I only 3 putted once and had two putts over 10 feet. Had more pars than ever before, but also had two penalties as my driving and iron play was horrible. It'd be great to stop mixing up my game and just have all things running :)

Fun day for me!

Played the blacks today to really see where my game sits.

73.3/128 rating. Golfshot says 7,077 yards but the score card says 7,190 yards now.

aze8y8et.jpg

Shot 40 (+4) again. 1 birdie, 2 doubles (one via lost ball in the rough and a bogey. Game is clicking, just need to eliminate 1 or two bad approach shots.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Played 9 before league shot 39 then league shot 39 with a double. Then this morning was 37/42 at Riverby. That makes 79 for first round and 78 at second. My iron game is on now. Those 2 range sessions really helped. Plus my driver is listening. Was a great golf day IMO!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Played nine plus another seven this afternoon. I was in the south side of Atlanta, and I played a course called Durham Lakes. The course was pretty decent for what it was - a course originally designed to be a higher-end track but had fallen on hard times. The layout on a lot of the holes was really interesting, but the course was in rough shape. Fairways were rock hard and greens were so long that they were almost plush.

I was +2 on the nine, which included a double on No.9. The double was caused by hitting a drive into a hazard that I didn't think I could reach from the tee. That started a series of holes going into the back where I hit the ball almost exactly where I wanted, but it was in the wrong place. Way too many blind tee shots and doglegs. I think that I fund a hazard on four of the last seven holes. Only one was a legitimately bad swing.

I struck the ball really well all afternoon. I would love to know my average driver distance, because I'm confident it was over 310. The fairways were so firm that the ball just kept rolling. For example, the first hole was a 530 Par 5, and I had about 170 into the hole for my second shot. Anything that drew just rolled forever.

Putting was a struggle, mostly because I could not get used to the greens. They were just too slow.

All in all, not a bad nine holes.

Back to my golf normal reality today. Shot 86 (42-44) at Lake of the Woods CG in Mahomet, IL (about 12 miles from Champaign).

jy4e5ygy.jpg

vymu7eje.jpg

Great day. Could have and should have been better, the 35 on the front of my first round is a tie for my best ever and I lipped out a 6 foot birdie on that side. The back I took 3 penalties off the tee, BOO. The extra 9 was rough, I walked today and only had about 5 pieces of bacon to eat the entire day, not smart. Was a SOGGY mess but it was still fun. Great damn day.

And yes, my course is easy. Deal with it. It was too damn wet to play the golds (6800 and higher ratings)

Nice rounds Jman. Seems the new shafts treated you well. :D Those are some seriously good scores buddy. 35 is legit!

Nice rounds Jman. Seems the new shafts treated you well. :D Those are some seriously good scores buddy. 35 is legit!

Thanks buddy. It was SO much fun on the front, one of those where everything about everything just FEELS good. Then the ball in the water on 10 happened and I lost it a good bit hahahaha.

Jman that is some solid golf, I don't give a rip how "easy" it is. You flat out rock!

#Jman4Grandaddy

Jman that is some solid golf, I don't give a rip how "easy" it is. You flat out rock!

#Jman4Grandaddy

Thanks brother. I don't think its easy myself, but people do love to judge sometimes.

Was fun, except the drives landing with a muddy thump. Not fun. Haha

#Jman4Grandaddy indeed! Its time it gets brought!

Nice round(s) James. 75 is 75 is 75, dude. Still have to hit the shots right? Going low on the reg!

#WarSupportsJman4Grandaddy

Pretty solid night....driver is en fuego...right now! Hit the irons a little better but still a couple of pull hooks mixed in with the longer irons.

11/13 Fairways
7 GIR
28 Putts
2 birdies
2 penalty strokes

42/41 = 83

Nice round(s) James. 75 is 75 is 75, dude. Still have to hit the shots right? Going low on the reg!

#WarSupportsJman4Grandaddy

Ahem......effing BOOM!!!

Thanks my friend, I hit a lot of really good shots. As good as the front was, I'm proud that I didn't phone it in on the back when I started 4 over through 4 holes, that's a big step for me. Damn mental woes.

Ahem......effing BOOM!!!

Thanks my friend, I hit a lot of really good shots. As good as the front was, I'm proud that I didn't phone it in on the back when I started 4 over through 4 holes, that's a big step for me. Damn mental woes.
Me and you both dude. Cant let a blow up hole kill the round.

Me and you both dude. Cant let a blow up hole kill the round.

Its my personal nemesis. Just have to get out of my own way and let my swing do its thing. I'll get there. I have to.

Gamed the G2 irons and shot 44/37. The back nine was just more fun than I could have imagined. It was like I was in a zone or something. Everything went exactly where I wanted. I had two birdies on back side. I am confident I can break 80 soon. If I would just show up earlier and warm up first it would probably help my front nine.

Gamed the G2 irons and shot 44/37. The back nine was just more fun than I could have imagined. It was like I was in a zone or something. Everything went exactly where I wanted. I had two birdies on back side. I am confident I can break 80 soon. If I would just show up earlier and warm up first it would probably help my front nine.

G-freaking-2's dude! Nice day SMG.

By the way, you'd break 80 if you'd just go get a Smoke Diamond Z-series already. You KNOW you want to. Hehehe

Stop tempting me J! I am trying to resist but I know its futile.

Solid 9 tonight. -1 (35) on the front nine of my course, which has been giving me quite a bit of trouble lately.

7 of 9 greens
6 of 7 fairways
15 total putts.

Solid 9 tonight. -1 (35) on the front nine of my course, which has been giving me quite a bit of trouble lately.

7 of 9 greens
6 of 7 fairways
15 total putts.

all kinds of under parness coming from you, keep it up!

42/43 for an 85 tonight. My ballstriking was as good as I can remember but I couldn't putt worth a damn for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back