What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
42/43 for an 85. I shot exactly what I posted in the what are you going to shoot today thread. Putting was insane today. I made everything within 15 feet, I had 14 putts on the front nine. It was like I had the putt preview from the tiger woods games. Irons and drivers were off for most of the round. Putting and chipping saved me. On a side note I am not sure what was going on with the foursome in front of us. They took forever and were and one guy was using a driver for every shot including putting but he was basically sweeping the ball down the fairway. On one of the par 5s it took him 12 shots to go from tee to fairway.

Shot 2 under 70 today at the site of the Atlanta Invitational. Trophy Club of Atlanta. The funny thing was that they were playing a Mini-Tour event there (got to meet Robbie Biershenk, awesome guy). The pins were tucked, the greens were fast, and the course was playing hard. Proud of myself for how I played.

I played pretty good. I struck the ball poorly the first 4 holes, then after that, I was fine. My wedge game saved me today. I gave myself alot of easy Par saves/Birdie chances. I need to improve my putting outside of 7 ft. It definitely could've been lower today. I also need to work on driving and finding the fairway. I hit 5 of 14 fairways. I didn't miss badly on alot of holes. They just ran through the fairway or was just barely in the deep stuff. I only had a handful that were really awful. Good day to give myself some confidence.

Stats:
36/34=70 (-2)
Fwys: 5
GIR: 12
Putts: 28

37+40=77 (7 over par)

Hit 9/14 fairways
Hit 10/18 greens
35 putts

Clearly I need to spend some time on the putting green and I definitely need to tighten up my short game- not getting my chips and pitches close enough. My ball striking is very solid so there is reason to be ooptimistic moving forward.

Played 9 after work today and shot 40 (+4) really hit some great shots but had some pulls off the tee with the driver. My putting is absolutely locked in.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Had a slightly wet round Monday. Started poorly (pourly?) with a 6-6-6, par 4, par 5, par 3. The par 5 was ok, but the par 3 had me shaking my head. Ended up with an 83 (+11) with 3 birdies and going 11/13 fairways with my driver which is a personal best. I also came so close to getting on a par 5 in two, just a few feet short, but that meant the ball ended up on a sever slope and I settled for a 6. One of my better shots, even if it did miss. Fun round!

played 18 today.....honestly I shot a 104 and didnt hit a single decent shot.....how discouraging.

played 18 today.....honestly I shot a 104 and didnt hit a single decent shot.....how discouraging.

That's tough, but that's the beauty of golf -- We get to head back out and start fresh another day. Hang in there.

I played this morning and shot about a million and two. Didn't hit a single GIR. Or get up and down once. Hit several OB. Solid day.

I had a pretty solid day on course. Two great putts had me -1 out of the gate, followed by an "I can't believe that didn't go in" birdie miss.

Followed that with two straight tap in pars, a chip out of the cabbage to a foot to save bogey, two more tap in pars, and a lipper on the final hole to finish +1 on the evening.

Hit some big, high, straight BOMBS with this Classic.

I had a pretty solid day on course. Two great putts had me -1 out of the gate, followed by an "I can't believe that didn't go in" birdie miss.

Followed that with two straight tap in pars, a chip out of the cabbage to a foot to save bogey, two more tap in pars, and a lipper on the final hole to finish +1 on the evening.

Nice work bud.

Shot 2 under 70 today at the site of the Atlanta Invitational. Trophy Club of Atlanta. The funny thing was that they were playing a Mini-Tour event there (got to meet Robbie Biershenk, awesome guy). The pins were tucked, the greens were fast, and the course was playing hard. Proud of myself for how I played.

I played pretty good. I struck the ball poorly the first 4 holes, then after that, I was fine. My wedge game saved me today. I gave myself alot of easy Par saves/Birdie chances. I need to improve my putting outside of 7 ft. It definitely could've been lower today. I also need to work on driving and finding the fairway. I hit 5 of 14 fairways. I didn't miss badly on alot of holes. They just ran through the fairway or was just barely in the deep stuff. I only had a handful that were really awful. Good day to give myself some confidence.

Stats:
36/34=70 (-2)

Dang JT! 5 fairways and putting up a score like that. That's just deadly dude. Keep rolling to Myrtle!

Stats:
36/34=70 (-2)

That is a great round. I don't think you need any more confidence!!
I shot a 40 in my league tonight, I had a triple on the second hole and one bogey, all the rest pars. Pretty dang happy except for the triple.

Good numbers tonight. Had to work for it which only play into the confidence factor

I played the Wild Horse in Gothenburg, Nebraska this evening and enjoyed the heck out of the course. I didn't play very well, very inconsistent. It was number nine before making my first par, until then three birdies, four bogies and a double bogie. The wheels ran of my wagon on the back, I started hitting it into the deep bunkers and the deep grass losing two balls there. Still it is good course with very nice, smooth, slick, tricky greens and a good layout. 86 (39, 47)

I played the Wild Horse in Gothenburg, Nebraska this evening and enjoyed the heck out of the course. I didn't play very well, very inconsistent. It was number nine before making my first par, until then three birdies, four bogies and a double bogie. The wheels ran of my wagon on the back, I started hitting it into the deep bunkers and the deep grass losing two balls there. Still it is good course with very nice, smooth, slick, tricky greens and a good layout. 86 (39, 47)

That's a solid front though Don!!

Played in a 9 hole scramble tonight....my team came in at 8 under and thought we had it sewn up...until a team with a kid that hits it like 320 comes in at 10 under...Yikes!

I saw there drive on the dogleg par 5...it's a 300 yard carry to cut the corner and hit it over the water...he flew it by 5 yards and they ended up in the middle of the fairway with 80 yards to the green on a 528 yard par 5!

Stats:
36/34=70 (-2)

That's nasty with only 5 fwys. Nice work!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I shot 84. 45 on the front and 39 on the back. I pared 7 holes on the back 9 1 bogey and a double. I enjoyed myself very much.

I started out decent tonight with Par, Par, Bogey. On the first hole I was pin high in two and almost chipped in for birdie, but was left with a 6 inch par putt.

Then the wheels came off and my contact went to hell. Finished out with a 49.

89 and 93 so far on this trip. Hasn't been pretty, lots of bad golf being played. Surprisingly, the 2 ball is in fire and has kept me under 100

89 and 93 so far on this trip. Hasn't been pretty, lots of bad golf being played. Surprisingly, the 2 ball is in fire and has kept me under 100

Keep grinding dude. It will come together

Shot 39 yesterday. Was +1 going into 18 and somehow managed to hit my 7 iron over the green and into the water hazard from 190 out and into wind. Not sure how that happened. Ended up making double.

Shot 39 yesterday. Was +1 going into 18 and somehow managed to hit my 7 iron over the green and into the water hazard from 190 out and into wind. Not sure how that happened. Ended up making double.

Talk about hitting the screws with one! Solid 9 though, it sounds like!

Good lord Hercules!

Played Riverby Hills. Got held up on the back a lot! Like 15 mins between shots held up. It's hard to get in a groove. Shot 37/42 for 79. 3 birdies 1 double.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Good lord Hercules!

That was not expected. I was thinking I would be mid to front of the green or even short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back