True Blue - Morgan Cup Course - Tips, Tricks, Hole Thoughts

I'm thinking if we play the up tee on #1, it'll be reachable for alot of us. The other ones, not really. Would love to see the tips on Par 5's, Mixed Bag on Par 4's, and Whites on Par 3's.

Don't forget you're at sea level also. Normal wintertime golf at MB is usually about a 2 club difference from home which is only 3 hours inland. Sea level, plush, wet, and heavy air are a tough combo.

Even in summer, I'm a half club or so shorter than home. Not a lot, but a big difference through the course of 18 holes.

Exactly....during the summer you won't get much roll at all the the heavy air during the summer makes it play longer than it is. Even with us playing the white tees last year there were alot of guys that couldn't get near most of the par 5's in 2.

#4 if you hug the left side and then hit a full carry over the water and #9 were the only ones that most people had a go at in 2 if I remember correctly.

Just a little teaser for you guys. #4 fairway from our balcony, with #1 green in the distance.
a8emu8a5.jpg

Luckily 4 is a par 5, and thank goodness. All I can see for the trees is a several hundred yards of plush fairway with no tee or green in sight.

Love. Certainly love.

You got to witness my shenanigans first hand on that hole haha! Drive left into the water. Drive right near the trees. Punch to 175. 7 iron at the bottom of the hill about 35 feet.

Annnnnnd canned for a crowd pleasing 6.

You got to witness my shenanigans first hand on that hole haha! Drive left into the water. Drive right near the trees. Punch to 175. 7 iron at the bottom of the hill about 35 feet.

Yeah. And a nice 6 it was. Keep it away from that water. December was just another MC practice round

I keep looking through the yardage book over and over trying to get familiar with the holes. Pin placenta can really change the course with how dynamic the greens are.

Some courses you can just play to the middle if the green and be safe. Not a Strantz course.

I keep looking through the yardage book over and over trying to get familiar with the holes. Pin placenta can really change the course with how dynamic the greens are.

Some courses you can just play to the middle if the green and be safe. Not a Strantz course.

Pin placenta sure would change the course!!

I looked through the yardage books multiple times and I am stoked to get a few rounds in there.

Ummm. I hope you leave the placenta where it belongs and enjoy the course.

I like to refer to this as a second ball birdie with penalty stroke and distance. It sounds so much better.

My last eagle, and the one I'm most proud of, was #4 at True Blue last spring. I had roughly 240 to the middle over that water and into a slight breeze to a left pin placement. I scorched a 4-wood to about 15'. The breeze held it up and dropped it softly on the green, ball was only about 5 or 6' from its mark. Sank the putt. The difficulty, and probably stupidity, makes it mean that much more. :smile:

My best round there was the 76 of last spring, from the tips. I played with a +2 and +1 player and was proud to have hung in there with them. So unlike me. :wink:

Typically, my nemesis holes are #2, #3, and #16.

Just a random interesting tidbit of information. Played Wachesaw East this morning just 15 mins north of here. Area received 3.5" of rain Thursday and early Friday morning. Course today was cart path only and probably another 2-3 days of it with no rain before drying out enough to drive on fairways.

Come home and carts are rolling on all holes at True Blue it seems. Can you say money buys drainage? Nothing spared here it seems. Course appears bone dry. Sooooo looking forward to tomorrow bright an early.

I looked over the course last night and I am PUMPED! 5 par fives have me
Licking my lips. Five par 3s, bare down and make five good swings.
I played each hole in my head from my foggy memories of days past. I know we won't play it back so a few guys should be licking their chops.

Well fellas, all I can say is, WOW! What a treat you are in for those if you haven't played here before. Just a gorgeous layout that was in immaculate condition. I actually played it pretty well today, 80 with only 29 putts. Hit 4 of the 5 par 3s and played them in 1 over. Yes, they were all phenomenal!

Tip of the day. DO NOT play your 3rd shot on the par 5 ninth from pin-high in the waste area on hole 14. Yes, tried to hit a big slice 2h on in 2 from the right of 9 and it didn't move. That hole roughed me up.

More pics to follow once I get time, but I'll leave you with one for now. My brother on the tee. Don't remember the hole # we took so many but I'll edit with that later.
8ube2yby.jpg

Numero 7 is an awesome par 3. I think I parred it three times in a row, however the hell that happened. I saw Jake make a 60 footer from the bottom shelf to the top tier as well. Epic putt.

Looks absolutely stunning. Looking forward to more pics.

Ok, as promised, here are the pics from yesterday. True Blue was in immaculate condition. Greens rolling a little slow, around a 10, from the recent tropical system that pushed through a couple nights prior. You can see in a few how washed out some of the waste areas still are.

Started on #1, were the first group out, and had run of the place. It was truly awesome. Please excuse some of the bad swings in the pictures, though you'll probably be too busy looking at the beautiful course anyway.

Front 9

First hole from the fairway. Love being a dewsweeper.
qa8y5ade.jpg

#3. Not sure if these even come close to doing this hole justice. A beauty of a par 3.
ydapyhej.jpg

qysuzuqa.jpg

Par 5 fourth. This was the view for my second. 205 carry over water. Found the back fringe but couldn't get up and down for birdie.
yvatu9e4.jpg

View from the 5th tee.
9ebe5yhu.jpg

Tee shot on the par 4 6th. A toppers nightmare.
ynyhunem.jpg

Par 3 7th. Pin was front left, so all that "mess" you see wasn't in play.
bygunu5y.jpg

Dogleg right 8th. Here you see me playing it safe on this one.
4aby7a3a.jpg

u4uhuta5.jpg

No picture of hole 9, but it is ugly and an a**......Actually it is a stunning hole that kicked my a**.

Last edited:
Man oh man, that makes me want to be there right now!!

Gotta love the 8th....hit it over the rock...:D

Thanks for sharing the pics!

I also love the fact you said the greens were slow at a 10...hehe, that scared the bejesus out of some people...heehe

Back