2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello....my precious.....

gy8a4ehe.jpg

Sweet!

Raise your hand if you can relate to this next little story. We all have or have had a passion for something in life. A series of books, The Star Wars figures, old cars...you get the picture. How many of us ever had the satisfaction of completing that collection of books or restoring that car to its former glory or even collecting all the action figures from Star Wars?

Well as our clubs start to arrive and we compete our bags, I figure we are completing our passions for golf. It's exciting to think that we have been given the means to choose and complete a piece of our experience in the Morgan Cup. A completed collection if you will. Not many can say that they completed a dream of theirs, it's really quite cool.

Of course the gear is a piece if the ultimate puzzle that is the MC. The three days, the 11 month build up, the team bonding, new friendship forming, laughing and supporting will help to complete the MC. I am pumped for this event and everything it has brought to all of us and will continue to give each one of use long after it gone.

A big thank you to JB and GG for completing some dreams! A huge thanks to all that went before us and a big hand for all the sponsors for realizing what this would and does mean. Pretty special time for some special people. Glad to be sharing this with you guys!!

My hand is raised. Well said Freddie. I totally agree with you. Thanks JB and GG from the Bullfrog.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Raise your hand if you can relate to this next little story. We all have or have had a passion for something in life. A series of books, The Star Wars figures, old cars...you get the picture. How many of us ever had the satisfaction of completing that collection of books or restoring that car to its former glory or even collecting all the action figures from Star Wars?

Well as our clubs start to arrive and we compete our bags, I figure we are completing our passions for golf. It's exciting to think that we have been given the means to choose and complete a piece of our experience in the Morgan Cup. A completed collection if you will. Not many can say that they completed a dream of theirs, it's really quite cool.

Of course the gear is a piece if the ultimate puzzle that is the MC. The three days, the 11 month build up, the team bonding, new friendship forming, laughing and supporting will help to complete the MC. I am pumped for this event and everything it has brought to all of us and will continue to give each one of use long after it gone.

A big thank you to JB and GG for completing some dreams! A huge thanks to all that went before us and a big hand for all the sponsors for realizing what this would and does mean. Pretty special time for some special people. Glad to be sharing this with you guys!!

Bumb because it is so true.

Will get the better photos done this evening and post up in the forged thread. I can't stop looking at it.......

Oh, and speaking of hybrids they did include another little gift:

atedydup.jpg

sweet sweet irons and hybos dude!

Nate those are badass clubs dude. Should be good for a solid 2nd

Well said good sir. Well said. I've truly enjoyed the journey so far and can't wait for the story to play out to its conclusion in Myrtle. The great thing is although the event may come to an end all the new friendships gained certainly won't.

True story, my mom is staying with us for a few days and helping out with the kiddos so naturally I got home yesterday evening with a box full of goodies and ran to get my camera to get some snaps before the sun went down. I mean, nothing better than club shots taken in the outdoor natural sunlight. So I'm running around, getting chairs, the clubs, the camera, taking the plastic off each club, etc. and when I finally finished (while everyone had started eating dinner) my mom looked at me and said:

"It's like Christmas for you isn't it."

A mom that knows her son all too well.

Thanks for the comments on the pictures. Hoping today some more Callaway guys get some gifts.

You're the coolest dude in the room Freddie Kong!

Well said and very true. It's like yes this is just golf equipment, but it goes WAY beyond that because of how special the event is and how amazing it is to be a part of this thing!

Both hands up!

Well said Freddie! We will never fully appreciate all the work JB and GG have done and will do just to make this event special for us.

well said Freddie!

Let the fun begin.

Man I can't wait for round 2 pairings!
Me to, it's great to put a face with your teammate, format and competitors!!!

Hello....my precious.....

gy8a4ehe.jpg

Will get the better photos done this evening and post up in the forged thread. I can't stop looking at it.......

Oh, and speaking of hybrids they did include another little gift:

atedydup.jpg

Oh my! Nate, those are gorgeous.

Very well said Freddie, and I completely agree and feel very lucky to be able to experience this with another great group of guys.

While typing my response to Freddie above I got a text from my wife. All it said was "This just arrived" with a picture of a Callaway stamped box. I think I may have to run home during lunch.

While typing my response to Freddie above I got a text from my wife. All it said was "This just arrived" with a picture of a Callaway stamped box. I think I may have to run home during lunch.

just tell Chunky to handle everything at the office for the rest of the day.

I hope we use the green on the left. All 3 times I played it last year it was the green on the right

I hope we use the green on the left. All 3 times I played it last year it was the green on the right

Left was more difficult for me from what I recall. I hit a nice sand shot out of that bunker on the left to the green on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back