2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
which one are you leaning towards? i always thought the e5 and e6 were for lower swing speeds? i used the e7 one time trying them out in the winter as a cheap ball. didn't give me enough spin for my liking but i'm not sure the difference between the e5 e6 and e7

e5 - distance ball w/ feel or spin around the green
e6 - reduced spin to assist in keeping ball straighter
e7 - increased distance where slices and fades are not an issue

The b330-RXS ball is the one designed for slower swing speeds

I know I have only seen you hit balls on the range, but I am really surprised that you have been fit into the same ball as me. I would have thought the B330 for sure.

Yep, or even the B330S......maybe he needs to do the fitting again?

I know I have only seen you hit balls on the range, but I am really surprised that you have been fit into the same ball as me. I would have thought the B330 for sure.

If I recall, he uses trajectory to stop his shots opposed to spin, so the urethane covers aren't going to help him much. A different covered ball with less cores gives him the boost in ball speed with less back and sidespin off the tee shots.

All of that sound accurate Thainer?

e5 - distance ball w/ feel or spin around the green
e6 - reduced spin to assist in keeping ball straighter
e7 - increased distance where slices and fades are not an issue

The b330-RXS ball is the one designed for slower swing speeds

This is not entirely accurate. Both the RX & RXS are tour level balls with lower compression for slower swing speeds.
The e6 is also a lower compression ball and the e5 is lower, but not as low as the others mentioned previously.

which one are you leaning towards? i always thought the e5 and e6 were for lower swing speeds? i used the e7 one time trying them out in the winter as a cheap ball. didn't give me enough spin for my liking but i'm not sure the difference between the e5 e6 and e7

It's not necessarily for lower swing speeds but individual golfer needs. I need something that spins less off the tee and the E series gives me that more than a B series does.

It's not necessarily for lower swing speeds but individual golfer needs. I need something that spins less off the tee and the E series gives me that more than a B series does.
I like the thinking dude. I pondered a E series ball last year BIG time. Especially on Bermuda greens.

That is definitely one thing I liked about the E series balls, definitely straight off the tee for sure!

If I recall, he uses trajectory to stop his shots opposed to spin, so the urethane covers aren't going to help him much. A different covered ball with less cores gives him the boost in ball speed with less back and sidespin off the tee shots.

All of that sound accurate Thainer?

Ya man. You nailed it.

I got you bro. That makes a lot of sense.

I like the Q series in srixzon for that reason very straight off the tee for me. For me I hit the hex black straight and think the extra spin will help on the greens. Looking forward to seeing how hard and fast they play

I like the Q series in srixzon for that reason very straight off the tee for me. For me I hit the hex black straight and think the extra spin will help on the greens. Looking forward to seeing how hard and fast they play

The great thing about Bermuda greens is they can play fast without having to be too hard. Last year they had plenty of hold to them...but were very fast and they roll very true

The great thing about Bermuda greens is they can play fast without having to be too hard. Last year they had plenty of hold to them...but were very fast and they roll very true

I loved the greens at true blue last year. I putt really well. How much difference are there between the 2 courses? Same green speed and grass and whatnot?

I loved the greens at true blue last year. I putt really well. How much difference are there between the 2 courses? Same green speed and grass and whatnot?

I don't recall a big difference. Even after the rain on Saturday mid round Caladonia was still decently quick.

For the record, I don't think these 2 courses have fast greens. Their decent but not "barely touch" absurdly fast.

I thought Caledonia was the slower of the 2.

I don't recall a big difference. Even after the rain on Saturday mid round Caladonia was still decently quick.

For the record, I don't think these 2 courses have fast greens. Their decent but not "barely touch" absurdly fast.
Or #reunionesque

i don't remember the speed of the greens being a topic of discussion at all last year.

you don't forget fast greens when they are absurdly fast. i've played on quicker greens before for sure...

After shooting 79 Sunday and then going out to the range last night and chunking 90% of my shots I have decided I'm done with the range from here til the MC. Every time I go out there I hit the ball terribly and it gets me frustrated but when I go out to the course I hit the ball completely differently. Not sure if it is a focus issue or what. Definitely need to get it worked out in the next month though. On the plus side my putting is getting a lot better and I'm finally adjusting well to the Betti!

After shooting 79 Sunday and then going out to the range last night and chunking 90% of my shots I have decided I'm done with the range from here til the MC. Every time I go out there I hit the ball terribly and it gets me frustrated but when I go out to the course I hit the ball completely differently. Not sure if it is a focus issue or what. Definitely need to get it worked out in the next month though. On the plus side my putting is getting a lot better and I'm finally adjusting well to the Betti!

I should do something similar, I will be focusing on getting to know my new wedges during the next 2 weeks. Having a bigger learning curve than expected.

2D with a hot Betti scares me. Luckily, I don't have to worry about feeling the wrath. Freddie and JT on the other hand....

I tend to do the same thing. I rarely go to the range anymore, unless I'm focusing on a certain move, or warming up for a round.

Dude I did that same thing last year. I swore off the range for a good month before the MC. I am the worst driving range golfer in the world!

Dude I did that same thing last year. I swore off the range for a good month before the MC. I am the worst driving range golfer in the world!
Right now I feel like the exact opposite, great on the range and can't get it to click on the course!!!

I have had some of my best rounds ever this year, and then the next round I will go out and blow it. No clue what my deal is, I have even had bi-weekly lessons. Got another one coming up Tuesday. I've never been this inconsistent but I've also never spent this much time on the range, usually I spend more time on the course, so I think I just need to get back to that. Now that my putter is coming around if I can get the swing under control again I'm gonna be tough to beat, but it all comes down to getting the swing under control and I'm all in on getting that done in the next month!

I have had some of my best rounds ever this year, and then the next round I will go out and blow it. No clue what my deal is, I have even had bi-weekly lessons. Got another one coming up Tuesday. I've never been this inconsistent but I've also never spent this much time on the range, usually I spend more time on the course, so I think I just need to get back to that. Now that my putter is coming around if I can get the swing under control again I'm gonna be tough to beat, but it all comes down to getting the swing under control and I'm all in on getting that done in the next month!

It's called golf my friend and we hope the game that we know and love shows up on the day we want it to! All we can do before that is prepare our best. You have good history behind you buddy in this event, you will be a.o.k. I feel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back