2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just so everybody knows, The Official Grill Master of the Morgan Cup is planning another BBQ this year for Wednesday night....nothing fancy probably just burgers, brats and dogs....maybe some chicken for fajitas.

It will be in Casa de TBT, White Rhino and Castor Hades....bring plenty of beer!!

And just so everybody knows, The Official Grill Master of the Morgan Cup is planning another BBQ this year for Wednesday night....nothing fancy probably just burgers, brats and dogs....maybe some chicken for fajitas.

It will be in Casa de TBT, White Rhino and Castor Hades....bring plenty of beer!!
I will be flying in LATE that night.

Save me a plate.

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Me, Chunky, Freddie and One-T will be on the course til dark settling up our bed match so save some for us! This is awesome, I cannot wait. Wednesday night last year was definitely a highlight of the entire weekend!

Wohoo! That's a date!

If I may make a request, have it kick off late - say 8 pm. Some of us will just be coming off the course.

Brad...off topic, is the baby sleeping through the night yet? If not, I can help brotha. If so, greatness!!!

Headed out to San Diego on Thursday for a little R&R and family vacation. Clubs are coming and I have a couple of surprises in store for my MC training. Stay tuned!

She sleeps pretty good, usually only gets up once or twice to eat and other than that she sleeps well and doesn't fuss. She has been a very well behaved baby!

This time 3 weeks and i'll be sitting in the airport waiting to board the first of 3 flights. We are getting closer ladies and gents.

I just got unbelievably hungry...and thirsty.

I am in for that, beer included.

Bridgestone staffers.
If you have not turned in your ball and glove request, please do so as soon as possible.

Hard to believe that July is already here. Just a few more weeks and this will be here. Then just like that we will all be wondering where the time has gone.

Hey y'all it's Morgan Cup month! Lots of game fine tuning I bet.

Hard to believe that July is already here. Just a few more weeks and this will be here. Then just like that we will all be wondering where the time has gone.
I'm already wondering where the time has gone! Can't wait to see you all!

I bet there is going to be a lot if post event blues after this one ( as weve been working and looking forward to it for so long) so I'm going to try to enjoy every minute until its gone.

To prep for my MC I am making a trip to Arizona next week so I can prep myself for some hot hot golf.

I can only say it so many times. Use your tour rep during the Morgan Cup. I know some looked at GG and said "why?", but with the amount of knowledge and expertise at her disposal, not doing so led to far too many golfers finding out after the fact that the shaft they chose is incorrect.

Pulling this from another thread because I want to touch on it here. I made a pretty uneducated guess on a wedge shaft thinking it would be perfect, and i quickly coming to realize that it probably wasn't the best decision leading to a longer-than-wanted break in process. While I have asked various things of my tour Rep, I believe I could have reached out more, and it's something I'd definitely reconsider if I had a chance to do this over again.

Either way, I think this is great advice. If we get a chance to see another Morgan Cup, and if you're a hopeful, take this advice and run with it. While I've learned a ton chatting about shafts and clubs, the source through our tour reps will pretty much guarantee a great result.

I also want to take a minute to throw a thank you Morgan's way. As my tour rep, she did everything I could have asked for throughout this process, never left me hanging, and was pleasant to me all the way through. I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into it, but I hope a simple 'thank you' makes it a bit more worth it. You rock GG.

I bet there is going to be a lot if post event blues after this one ( as weve been working and looking forward to it for so long) so I'm going to try to enjoy every minute until its gone.

Golf is not the same post MC. Its boring

I'm already wondering where the time has gone! Can't wait to see you all!

Seems like yesterday we were talking about just getting our staff bags at the masters.

To prep for my MC I am making a trip to Arizona next week so I can prep myself for some hot hot golf.

That's some good prep buddy.

Don't feel bad Dan. Lots of people have done the same, including me. That's the downside of months of pondering imo. You get ideas in your head that play out much better on paper than they do the golf course.

That sounds pretty awesome
it will be fun to play in Arizona...minus the heat index. With the MC so close I am def taking my clubs and playing as much as possible.

Frick. AZ would probably kill me this time of year.

Frick. AZ would probably kill me this time of year.
I have a feeling its gonna kill me. but...I need the practice. or do I? haha

I will be flying in LATE that night.

Save me a plate.

No problem buddy!!....but is Skinny WAR even allowed to eat burgers and brats :alien:

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Me, Chunky, Freddie and One-T will be on the course til dark settling up our bed match so save some for us! This is awesome, I cannot wait. Wednesday night last year was definitely a highlight of the entire weekend!

Thanks bro....I thought it was a blast last year and a great way to get to meet everybody.

Wohoo! That's a date!

If I may make a request, have it kick off late - say 8 pm. Some of us will just be coming off the course.

Yes, it will start off late...I know lots of groups will be on the course till close to dark...last year I came right from the airport and fired up the grill...trying to plan a little better this year

I just got unbelievably hungry...and thirsty.

It's going to be a blast buddy!

Embrace these next 4 weeks....work hard for the next 3...then enjoy every minute of Morgan Cup week....it was be amazing and awesome and way too short!! It will seem like you get to MB one day, and leave the next....you will form bonds that will last forever and get more bro hugs than you knew possible.

But rest assured, the Post Morgan Cup blues are real....for the last several months every swing you have taken has been leading up to this event....when that is no longer there golf just isnt as fun for a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back