What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boom! Shot my personal best 71 today at Caledonia (36/35). Bogeyed 18 unfortunately or I could have shot even.

Boom! Shot my personal best 71 today at Caledonia (36/35). Bogeyed 18 unfortunately or I could have shot even.

Congrats! Way to bring it in the MC practice rounds.

Nice shooting Jeff.

Congrats Jconn. Getting some of the MC folks attention today. Nice job.

Shot a "Jeckel and Hide" 37 during twilight last night. Great shot, ugly shot, great shot all the way around, but real lucky that none of my bad shots left in in real trouble. Best hole way #2, super short par3 that's barely over 300 yards. Dogleg right with OB left and behind the tint green, water guards the front and the green slopes forwards to the water. Red flag up close and they stuck it on the edge of a swale that won't allow a putt to stay on the green if missed. 3w faded right down the middle leaving me 80 to center and 65 to the flag, I landed 12" on the green and released up next to the flag for an easy bird. Lucky!

Shot a "Jeckel and Hide" 37 during twilight last night. Great shot, ugly shot, great shot all the way around, but real lucky that none of my bad shots left in in real trouble. Best hole way #2, super short par3 that's barely over 300 yards. Dogleg right with OB left and behind the tint green, water guards the front and the green slopes forwards to the water. Red flag up close and they stuck it on the edge of a swale that won't allow a putt to stay on the green if missed. 3w faded right down the middle leaving me 80 to center and 65 to the flag, I landed 12" on the green and released up next to the flag for an easy bird. Lucky!

Damn due. When did you bulk up to a monster?

Damn due. When did you bulk up to a monster?

Lol, 220 3w with the wind isn't too tough, the trick comes with shutting down a wedge to other 80 yards with the same wind going over a pond. Thought that one was wet all the way, haha

Solid round Duey!

Another pretty solid round of 79 today. Went 42/37 with 10/14 FIR and only 9/18 GIR. First round with the Hex Chrome + and my distances were longer than normal so I missed a few greens long but other than that it was a good day on the course.

Played at the links course at wild dunes today... Shot 41-40 for a solid 81. I hit a beautiful 3 hybrid to about 6 inches from 205 out on 9, the hardest hole on the course, for a tap in birdie, and curled a 30 footer in on 13, the second hardest hole on the course, for another birdie. Also birdied number two... Just doubled wayyyyyy too many holes. Doubled 1, 5, 7, and 16. All in all though, an okay round, and it'll get better from here.

Jeff man, that's great shooting dude. I knew there would be a good round in you after what I saw yesterday.

Went to riverwood resort Mt. Pleasant,MI today.
First time ever there.

A blah 104. 55/49.
Can't really remember anything except wedges that was hit real well.
Putted well (for me) finishing with 34 putts.
7/14 Fairways (work in progress)
0 greens in regulation

Yeah. Not spectacular. And even though this is probably my average recently, I'm disappointed.

That's a great score for such a long break. I find myself playing much better when I'm playing less also. Just easier to play with a clear head and not press so much about scoring

Thanks and that was definitely the case. I was just glad to be out there. Didn't even matter to me that we ran into a glacially paced threesome on the back. Sure it helped to speed my back stiffening up, but I still didn't mind. My buddies? Not so much. :smile:

Shot an 85 today 42/43..left at least 6 strokes out there. Two three putts on back that stopped the par train from reaching five straight. Two green side bunkers on the front nine ate my lunch . Oh we'll struck irons very well and drove it well till i got tired and stopped turning .

Played only 9 and shot 39.

Shot 77 today after bogeying first 5. Shot 70 yesterday at PGA west Stadium. Went 40-30. Tough day in 106 degree heat.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I play once a week in our 55+ league. The last two weeks were the absolute worst I have played in 3-4 years. Driver goes anywhere but straight - probably had to chip out of the woods at least 6 times. Chipping is KILLING me. I'd take a break, but really is once/week a lot of golf that you need to step away for awhile? I don't think so. If anything I may have to sneak in an extra round or two or some chipping practice.

But the good side - I'm "vertical" and retired and playing golf! Life is good!

Retired and playing golf sounds pretty Great to me!!!

Shot a 53/52 at Valley Green. Best score on a par 72 yet. Took only two penalty strokes. Sunk two 30 foot+ putts. Feeling pretty good right now

Shot a 90 today, trying out a new driver and it bit me for a couple of penalty strokes while I was trying to get used to it and got over confident on a shot that needed a blind 240 carry. Usually I play it smart and take a 5i buttttt a 256 and 266 drive back to back nearly a few holes before made me swing for it. Probably would have made it had I just swung but I went for the fences and sent it somewhere I'll never see it again.

Good round for the most part although I wish I could have shot another 87.

Shot 37/36 could've been lower if i could've made some putts and eliminated some stupid shots but oh well still a pretty good round.

I shot another stinking 90 today. Back-to-back 90s after 6 rounds of 80 or better. Hmmm, I think it's time for a day off.

I shot a 94 today and it was getting off the tee that killed me, three OB drives in one round is never good for the score card. I think I am due for a putting lesson or fifty because I couldn't hit the ocean if I was in the Titanic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back