Atlanta, GA - 2013 THP Invitational Sponsored By Sligo

Dev scolded me yesterday so I will no never ever mention weather again.

FYI, I want to play with you on Sunday #BecauseILoveYou

We'll tee it up again soon enough. There are some out of towners who want to play with MC champions.

I want to know why JB isn't yelling at people about the weather talk? He crucified me before the CT Invitational. :alien:

Dev -- You can yell at me for discussing the weather if you want. I won't care, but you can certainly do it. :D

Dev -- You can yell at me for discussing the weather if you want. I won't care, but you can certainly do it. :D

You are such a Garbage Hunt.

I'm pretty jealous of you dudes. A great group of THPers coming together in the ATL. Can't wait to hear how the weekend goes for all you guys.

Enjoy it! There are few things better than teeing it up with THPers!

I'm pretty jealous of you dudes. A great group of THPers coming together in the ATL. Can't wait to hear how the weekend goes for all you guys.

Any last minute change of heart? I need Beags in my life.

Any last minute change of heart? I need Beags in my life.

Apparently he doesn't travel to Atlanta. he ducked me last time I was there too :alien:

I think it is safe to presume (more than likely) that everyone will play their own ball instead of it being a scramble format. Based on prior experience (and just the general experience of the event), everyone playing their own ball is the most fun and "fair" way of having an Invitational.**

(**The above comments are of ATLGolfer individually and are not the official position of THP. All format and competition decisions are solely within the discretion of THP. The definition of "fair" is also within the specific discretion of THP. There is no crying in golf; however, butt grabbing is permitted for professional golfers from Alabama using chewing tobacco.)

I think best ball would be a great option. You still get to play your own ball out on each hole however write down the low score between partners. Ex. After finishing 1st hole and Atlgolfer has a 4 & I have a 5. Team score would be a 4. It's a fun and fair way to play imo.

*** Also keeps a team in the tournament. If one player is having a bad nine/day and makes a few doubles/triples etc. it won't affect the total score as much. Bonus -- If your playing partner is firing on all cylinders, you still have a chance.

Last edited:
I once heard a story that The Canadan hit such a towering drive, the ball never descended from the heavens. We know this phenomena as Polaris, or The North Star.

I once saw AtlantaDan hit a Cleveland Altitude 6 iron more than 200 yards over a towering oak tree. Or was it a Georgia pine? Whatever. He was almost a convert!

I think best ball would be a great option. You still get to play your own ball out on each hole however write down the low score between partners. Ex. After finishing 1st hole and Atlgolfer has a 4 & I have a 5. Team score would be a 4. It's a fun and fair way to play imo.

*** Also keeps a team in the tournament. If one player is having a bad nine/day and makes a few doubles/triples etc. it won't affect the total score as much. Also if your playing partner is firing on all cylinders, you still have a chance.

I like it. Don't have to penalize my partner for one of my blow up holes where I get an eleventeen.

*** Also keeps a team in the tournament. If one player is having a bad nine/day and makes a few doubles/triples etc. it won't affect the total score as much. Bonus -- If your playing partner is firing on all cylinders, you still have a chance.
I like that best ball idea. Gives each team a little more of a chance while still playing a normal round.

I once saw AtlantaDan hit a Cleveland Altitude 6 iron more than 200 yards over a towering oak tree. Or was it a Georgia pine? Whatever. He was almost a convert!

haha that range session was hilarious! What an awesome way to get my THP year going.

LOL looks like we are using Wardy's score on every hole.

That seems like a bad idea. Come on coat tails, you gotta give me at least a couple here

That seems like a bad idea. Come on coat tails, you gotta give me at least a couple here

Its not a lack of effort, merely a lack of talent.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed that you aren't coming to the event

Most if not all of the THP Invitationals have been combined score, which allows everyone to enjoy their own ball.

Another solid option is a shamble - Where you both drive, take the best drive, and then play your own ball in from there. It makes the game a bit more fun and if played right, allows one player to play safe while the other goes all in.

Not really sold on best ball because the skills are so varied. I'd like to see everyone be able to contribute.

Not really sold on best ball because the skills are so varied. I'd like to see everyone be able to contribute.

I agree with this but I will happily play whatever format JB dictates to the best of my ability.

Most if not all of the THP Invitationals have been combined score, which allows everyone to enjoy their own ball.

Another solid option is a shamble - Where you both drive, take the best drive, and then play your own ball in from there. It makes the game a bit more fun and if played right, allows one player to play safe while the other goes all in.

I'm expecting a total score which is fine by me, but I love the thought of a format where I can take Dan's drive all day :act-up:

Only problem with that format is that Dan wins by default. We just can't let that happen.

Back