Atlanta, GA - 2013 THP Invitational Sponsored By Sligo

Sorry to hear you will not make it derek. We are praying for your family.

Hey guys. Saddens me to have to say this but I won't be able to make the trip to Atlanta this weekend.

My wife's grandmother has battled dementia for the past few years and lately has taken a turn for the worse. Shortly before the Morgan Cup she was in the hospital and improved enough to be able to go home under the watch of the family and hospice. It was unclear when things might take another turn for the worse but the family was given the weeks to months warning. 2 nights ago things took a more serious turn and it was discussed as days. Last night we went to it would be any moment. Now we are just waiting patiently for this sweet lady to take her final breaths. She is ready to go and it won't be long before she is welcomed to heaven.

Although there is a possibility that nothing happens right away, I couldn't be the husband I strive to be and leave my wife's side, even with her blessing to do so. It wouldn't be fair of me to not be here to support the most important person in my life. I know my THP family will understand that I need to be her for her and her family at this time.

I've spoken with Morgan often over the past week and her and Josh have been nothing but supportive. I wouldn't expect any less but thank you to both of you.

I'm going to miss you guys & gals but will really look forward to the recaps, course photos and more. See you all at the another great THP event soon.

You will be missed Derek but family comes first.
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

So sorry to hear this Derek!!! man, I hate this for you

Derek, Sorry for your loss! Will miss playing with you this weekend but I completely understand. Take care buddy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't heard from too many people yet. I was expecting 20 or so for dinner, but am waiting for people to post here so I can get a headcount. Thanks!

I will not be making it in time for dinner tonight.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

We had to make some changes to the pairings since JB will be stepping in for Dhill. The teams would have been unfair so I made some minor adjustments, which are reflected in the first post and in bold below:

Teams
v.man & Lockman850
JB & T0AD
Canadan & ADwillingham
Mward & Devrickus
JLit26 & Just_Hacking
KellyBo & MightyQuinn
ATLGolfer & Greg Kulbick
flog2424 & Rageshadow
Tadashi70 & Youngbuck
Miller Time & cpljohnst
JTNumbers & LeeB18
T2GRN & wluker17
thetopdogg & jskittle
codybwallace & sparksjr
Ole Gray & One-T
DawgDaddy & TahoeDust
Zenger & wadesworld
intimidator2007 & Lefty78

Just stopped to eat with the family. About 1 hour away. Planning on getting to Olde Atlanta around 1:00ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to miss dinner tonight but look so forward to tomorrow nights dinner.

Time to hit the road ladies and gents! See everyone soon!

Actually, all of us hackers on a wet golf course sounds like an injury/liability case waiting to happen...just sit back Seth and let the work come to you.
Holy cow! Epic!! Gonna be an interesting round.

Worked out good for T2 as well, picked up a great partner.

At the airport waiting to board. See you in ATL.

Stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on 85 south of Auburn. This sucks. Hoping to make one if the later tee times today.

swing your swing

And we have a new paisley convert.

Road trip with Canadan and paisleys all around? Yes please. Gonna be a great trip.

Stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on 85 south of Auburn. This sucks. Hoping to make one if the later tee times today.

swing your swing
I cant think of a better place to be stuck in traffic though.

Vehicle all loaded up and about to pull out. En route to Olde Atlanta for some THP time!

We're about 90 minutes from Olde Atlanta. Unless we get lost of course

Finally!!!!

swing your swing

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376667385730.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376667385730.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 0
Still in the waiting area. There is a guy next to me with Tourette's. Please dont let him sit next to me on the plane.

Still in the waiting area. There is a guy next to me with Tourette's. Please dont let him sit next to me on the plane.

Haha. What are you talking about? Being twitter Ricky and you guys would have a blast!

May need a "left turn Clyde" move while airborne Dev!

It's 63 degrees out here...lol

Bout to leave for Olde Atlanta!!

Nice place MaryC!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376669758.435063.jpg

Back