What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot crap today. First time at this course with no driving range. Ended with all time high this summer of a 111. Had bad chips and bad fairway game. Its funny that I shot a42 the other day and got this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Shot 87 (44,43). It was hot and I really didn't enjoy being out in it today for some reason.

Shot 87 (44,43). It was hot and I really didn't enjoy being out in it today for some reason.

I'd take that over mine

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Played 9 before football games started yesterday. Ended up +1 37. Was -1 thru 5. Should have been no worse than even, but I'll take it!

I fell off the wagon a bit today from the really strong scores I've had lately. I felt like I didn't have much in the tank after playing for the last handful of days/nights and I think it all just caught up with me.

Managed to go out in 39 and come back in 38 for a +5 77, but most of my mistakes were just frustrating 'near' misses, or missing to the wrong side of the hole. I collected myself after the 11th hole after a double and a bogey (both avoidable), playing the next seven holes at -1, but even those left at least four putts on the lip or turning at the last second. Blargh.

I'm still happy though. Anything under 80 for me is not worth getting angry about. Just one of those days for me.

I'd trade your swing for mine any day Canadan. I mangled or was it managed an 86 (43 43) this morning. Some good shots mixed with some real brain farts. Oh well. At least I got out today.

I fell off the wagon a bit today from the really strong scores I've had lately. I felt like I didn't have much in the tank after playing for the last handful of days/nights and I think it all just caught up with me.

Managed to go out in 39 and come back in 38 for a +5 77, but most of my mistakes were just frustrating 'near' misses, or missing to the wrong side of the hole. I collected myself after the 11th hole after a double and a bogey (both avoidable), playing the next seven holes at -1, but even those left at least four putts on the lip or turning at the last second. Blargh.

I'm still happy though. Anything under 80 for me is not worth getting angry about. Just one of those days for me.

Yes sir, sounds like an awesome round in my books, lol. Good job!

Shot a 106. Greens were just punched and it was awful. I felt I did well outside of that. The last time I played this course I shot a 124 and the greens were fine.

Nice job X. That's a huge improvement.

Day late but shot an 84 yesterday, 43/41. Had a very nice stretch in the middle of my round where I was +1 for 7 holes. Too bad the 11 holes that sandwiched that stretch I was +13. Putter was real solid all day. Even my misses were well struck. Unfortunately, looks like with my schedule I won't be getting out again for at least 3 weeks.

Got out and played though under the weather with a cold. Shot a 45/41 for 86 at my home course. Had a couple of triples on the front and a double on the back. Struggled with putting speed a bit and had a few 3 putts. Going to take a nap now!

92 & dang proud of it. Driver was pretty streaky but drilling a couple of 6i for eagle or birdie chances really made the round for me.

Shot 99 today :banghead: . Still not too bad. Driver was good, hybrids and long/mid irons sucked. Chipping/pitching was good. Putting was so-so. Still a good day at the course. Played 250 yards longer and on a new course.

Bogey golf. Got to work on my mental game. Me and my mind have not been getting along lately.:bicker:

42/38
8 FIR
9 GIR

2 birdies

One off of my personal best. Started strong, but got on the bogey train for a while. Finished the last three holes at one under. Yay. Lowest nine and tied my highest number of GIR.

Yes. I like it.

Well, this could go in the HHJJ thread, too, because what a difference a week makes.
I played some HoRrEnDoUs golf this past week and woke up today with thoughts of only going to the range and figuring out what was wrong.
As luck would have it, one of our better members was on the range and I asked him to see what I was doing wrong. He's seen me hit plenty of balls, so knows how I usually move in my swing.
Turns out, I totally wasn't locking out my right side, was swaying all over the place, and I was dropping my chin way down instead of keeping it up so my shoulders could clear. Basically, all my posture sucked.
Took me about 40 balls to really get back into it and decided to go on the course, as it was nearly empty.
The front nine was a typical nine for me, but I was making some really solid shots, and my confidence going into the back nine was growing quickly.

Last two rounds approached 100 easily, with massive frustration.
Quick fix by someone and I nearly busted 80. WOW. Weird game, huh??

Ended up 43 - 39 = 82
8 FIR, 8 GIR, 32 putts, no penalties or sand shots.
The 39 is a tied PB on a nine. Had it not been for a poor pushed putt, I would've busted it.

Couldn't be happier about today.

Well, this could go in the HHJJ thread, too, because what a difference a week makes.
I played some HoRrEnDoUs golf this past week and woke up today with thoughts of only going to the range and figuring out what was wrong.
As luck would have it, one of our better members was on the range and I asked him to see what I was doing wrong. He's seen me hit plenty of balls, so knows how I usually move in my swing.
Turns out, I totally wasn't locking out my right side, was swaying all over the place, and I was dropping my chin way down instead of keeping it up so my shoulders could clear. Basically, all my posture sucked.
Took me about 40 balls to really get back into it and decided to go on the course, as it was nearly empty.
The front nine was a typical nine for me, but I was making some really solid shots, and my confidence going into the back nine was growing quickly.

Last two rounds approached 100 easily, with massive frustration.
Quick fix by someone and I nearly busted 80. WOW. Weird game, huh??

Ended up 43 - 39 = 82
8 FIR, 8 GIR, 32 putts, no penalties or sand shots.
The 39 is a tied PB on a nine. Had it not been for a poor pushed putt, I would've busted it.

Couldn't be happier about today.

Heck of a round and bounceback in a short time...well done

I had a very disappointing day yesterday so I was on the range this morning at 630 am and started videotaping and correcting what felt wrong yesterday . After an hour and a half session went out and shot a super solid 1 over 73. Not my lowest but sometimes the scorecard doesn't tell the whole story.

39 - 39 for a 78. Had chances to be better but a couple of bogies from bad putting done me in.

Good start, bad finish today with a 79 (36, 43) I just hit some bad shots on the back into some bad places causing four penalty strokes. Seven pars, six bogies, two doubles, three birdies.

Had a good round today. Started out like crap though. Driver was not working till the 8th hole. Made some putts to save pars and bogeys.

shot 45/39 (84) had 7 pars on the back 9 with 5 of them in a row.

Rough day today. Stopped keeping score. Had an awesome time with nothin but net and cmac, but I couldn't seem to hit 2 decent shots in a row. Putting was HORRIBLE on the front, but it picked up on the back. Overall, tough round, but I'm not letting it get to me.

Played a good round today. Shot 76 and was even par after the turn with only 12 putts (love that TM DLL). Back nine was 4 over with 16 putts and a few poor swings as a result of getting a little tired. Need to work on the conditioning a bit as that's the second round where the back 9 has been worse than the front due t being tired. Overall I'm pretty happy with the round though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back