The THP Bridgestone Championship - THP Invades Las Vegas

Any idea on what tees we will be playing from?

Well I shot my worst ever round today...glad to get anything like that out of my system before vegas lol

Another work week has to start, it is my last before Vegas.
I'm thinking I'm going to leave Wednesday morning.
Maybe Tuesday.

#weareondeck

#GetExcited

This event was discussed during rounds on both days this weekend. The DFW crew is excited and working to get the games in shape!

I've started making my travel "to-do" list on the drive to work this morning.

Freaking excited for this one.

On my way into work I heard Katy Perry Waking up in Vegas on the radio. HA! I love Vegas!

Getting closer boys and girls!

Quick Question, what day and time is everyone leaving after the event? Sunday, Monday?
I'm driving out some time around checkout on Monday.

I am leaving Monday afternoon late.

Next week boys, next week. Very excited for this weekend in Vegas. The TPC is such a great course, we are all in for a treat. Bridgestone flying through the air, spinning in the greens and rolling down the fairways.
Oh and the 100,000 item Buffet the Rio has from all Over the world.

I am so excited for this event. So, so, so excited. Everything about it.

Every time I attend something THP related I realize the sky is the limit. Can't wait to see my friends and make new ones, as it always goes.

Cheryl's passport just came in. No errors on it, so she gets to come along to LV. 10 days til we're on our way. WOOHOO!!

Every time I attend something THP related I realize the sky is the limit. Can't wait to see my friends and make new ones, as it always goes.

Cheryl's passport just came in. No errors on it, so she gets to come along to LV. 10 days til we're on our way. WOOHOO!!

I just got so excited reading your messages that I had to "Thank" them both. In fact, I might Thank every post in this thread from now until the 27th.

And it all starts flying out with a couple of clowns

The Rio is Ready
TPC is Ready

ARE U READY!!!!

The Rio is Ready
TPC is Ready

ARE U READY!!!!

You talking to me?

Why yes, yes I am. My game is even close to being ready as well.

Watch out world! Haha

I just got so excited reading your messages that I had to "Thank" them both. In fact, I might Thank every post in this thread from now until the 27th.

I had to thank that post. :bulgy-eyes:

The Rio is Ready
TPC is Ready

ARE U READY!!!!

I am totally ready (Still need to pack though). My game we shall see. I am really confidant with Iron game right now. My driver game is a mess though. Fighting a huge block.

On Saturday, I learned a lesson about not overplaying my capabilities. I've been swinging well lately, so I decided it was "GO FOR IT Saturday". Any shot that I thought I had a chance of making, I went ahead and tried it.

Easy 7, or overswing the 8, let's go 8-iron.
Thread the needle between those two huge eucalyptus tree trunks? Sure, let's do it.
Aim at that huge fairway trap because I'm sure to carry it.

At least that's out of my system before Vegas.

Given that it is two man teams I can't see why the straight forward 4 ball format isn't used. It's used in the Ryder cup and it's probably one of the most popular two man team straight up stroke play formats and allows for either player to get away with a blowout hole and not completely ruin the round for the team.

+1

This would make it much more a "team" event than just adding two guys score together.

9 days from now for me and I will be living large in Viva Las Vegas.

+1

This would make it much more a "team" event than just adding two guys score together.

9 days from now for me and I will be living large in Viva Las Vegas.

The only problem with the four ball is that a team with a really good player almost never uses a lesser player's score so it becomes a 1 man team. Personally, I like the quota system for events like this. But ultimately the entire weekend is going to be awesome so I'm not sweating the format, other than being curious to know what it will be.

Agreed, the problem is with the ryder cup everyone is basically the same skill level while here we will have a wide range.

I wouldnt worry too much on the formats...whatever it is u gotta go out and hit golf shots and have a good time.

Back