3rd Captain - The 2014 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Golf Event

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A veteran, a member of the THP family and most of all someone that so many here can call a friend. This gentleman was part of the 1st ever THP event and since that time has been nothing short of an amazing ambassador to this place we call home.

This THPer has been to many events, from outings to Invitationals and everything in between and if asked for anything at all, will be the quickest to perform the task without hesitation for anybody here. When asked if he would accept our invitation to captain one of these teams, he was quick to say that others deserved it more than him, but we feel differently.

You will never find someone that inspires like this man. He is quick to help and one of the people that is always willing to bend over backwards for the sake of someone else. Anybody lucky enough to be able to call him their captain this year will leave the event a better person than they arrived.

Join me in welcoming the 3rd captain in the 2014 Morgan Cup, the Ultimate Golf Event Period. Donne Willingham.

adwillingham on the forum, but Donne outside of it. THP knows AD will take his team and have them thoroughly prepared for both the journey and the event.

Wow, no idea this was coming!!!!

Biggest of congrats Donne, fantastic news!!!

Congrats, adwillingham!

Congrats Donne!!!!!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!!

Good luck to you and your team!

Congrats adwillingham. Awesome testimony given by JB. I may not have met you in person, but based on the above you deserve it. Good luck at the 2014 MC.

Congrats capt'n!

My man Donne! Could not have picked a nicer and more deserving guy. Donne is the man!

Sweet! Congrats on becoming El Captain Donne:) I know your going to be an awesome Leader for your team.

This is fantastic news! Donne was so much fun to play with in Atlanta. I now feel even worse that the first time I've played a round with him I was dressed like an idiot. His team is going to be in for a real treat come next Summer.

Honored to be along side you Donne, can't wait!

Way to go, Donne! Super pumped for you. You're going to be an awesome MC Captain.

Boom congrats Donne! You're going to make a great Captain buddy

YES YES YES YES!!!!

One that I was TRULY pulling for and a PERFECT pick! DONNE!!!!

Donne!! Awesome! And such a good man as well. Congrats friend!

There really are no words to describe the wave of emotions caused by the message I woke up to a few days ago offering me a spot as a Morgan Cup Captain, although for those of you who know me, I’ll probably type about 500 words here and still fail to do so.

I am still in shock that I have been presented this opportunity, and I have no doubt that surprise is the first feeling a lot of you have in seeing this announcement…I fully understand that thought, and never even considered the idea that I would EVER be asked to be a Captain. To say that I am grateful to JB and GG for even thinking of me in the same breath of guys like Hawk and Mward for this honor would be a massive understatement.

This event means an awful lot to me. I was a participant in the inaugural event back in 2011, and the experience was both incredible and exhausting. I have never been fully happy with the way I represented TaylorMade during and particularly after that event. I have loved watching the event grow into what it has become over the past two editions, and have tried my best to support both the event as well as the players who were getting the experience. There are mental challenges for the participants beyond what is immediately evident on the forum, and everyone has done an amazing job representing themselves, THP, and the sponsors. All that being said, I privately wished that I could have one more opportunity (as a participant) to do the Morgan Cup better than I did the first time. I never dreamed it would come about in the way it has.

I do not consider myself deserving of this honor, but it is one I graciously accept, and I will give it everything I can. I do look forward to having the opportunity to help whoever is on our team (and it will be our team, not my team) in having the best possible ride through this experience.

Ryan – You were the first THP member I ever shared a round with (along with Smallville and SeeMoreGuy). I could not be happier to be a captain alongside of you. You are an outstanding person, staffer, and friend.

Michael - I look forward to spending more time with you when you aren’t in the midst of paying up lost bets. You are a wealth of information, and I’m thrilled that you get to experience this event personally for the first time in the captain’s capacity after all the great work you’ve done from behind the cameras. I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

Josh and Morgan – Thank you both for the incredible opportunity you have both given me here. I will do everything I can to do this right.

I can’t wait to get this process started, and to find out all the friends new and old we will be sharing this journey with. It will be an awesome ride.

I am so happy that AD is getting tnis opportunity. I was fortunate enough to share a round with him at the first Morgan Cup, and it was one of the most enjoyable rounds of my life. Donne is a silent assassin and he has that dry humor that gets me cracking up every time. He has been involved in some very successful forum testings and been to numerous outings and THP events. I have no doubt that he is a great man for this job. He will surely represent his team, his company, and THP to the best he can. Congrats Donne, I am extremely happy for you.

Donne, you sir are a scholar and a gentleman.

Congrats! What an honor!

Yay!!! Warms my heart.

Donnie has been a sounding board for me as it relates to many issues. One of the kindest most level headed people I know. This is more than well deserved. Congratulation my friend!

Back