Meet Your Captains - 2014 Ultimate Golf Event Period - The Morgan Cup

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The journey is beginning to the Ultimate Golf Event Period! One team is set, and the rest of the participants start getting chosen as early as next week. In case you have missed the info, here are all the details of what many consider one of the most special events that has ever been created.

http://bit.ly/1aE2sBb

5 Teams
8 Golfers Per Team
Each golfer sponsored by either TaylorMade, Callaway, Cobra, Cleveland or Bridgestone
14 club deal, apparel, accessories and playing golf at two spectacular courses

Each of the teams has a captain and they will lead their team of 8 through this remarkable journey and to the weekend of a lifetime. Today we are proud to introduce them with their team names and tell you a bit about them.

3thpmcteamslogosall-X3-M-L.png

Team THP - Captain Hawk
Ryan Hawk, a resident of Illinois, is the captain of Team THP, made up of the website's staff members. As a staff writer and THP Media Inc's Editor, Ryan has great interest in golf equipment and the industry in general. He's a veteran of the 2012 Morgan Cup and has participated in THP Invitationals and as a captain in the #Grandaddy, a Ryder Cup style event held against Callaway Golf's marketing team. Ryan is the father of two young children and a true golf fanatic. "The opportunity to lead a team of my closest friends and coworkers is something that I am incredibly thankful and excited for. Our work has already begun and we plan on being crowned Morgan Cup Champions in July."

Team Hackers - adwillingham
Donne Willingham has been a member of THP since early 2009. He is a resident of Tennessee, along with his beautiful wife and two sons. He started playing golf at a young age, but didn’t take the game seriously until college. After finding THP, Donne’s knowledge of the game has improved and his scores on the course have followed. Donne has attended nine THP events to date across the US, including the inaugural Morgan Cup. As a captain, Donne wants to ensure that all of the participants honor the event, while having a great time representing THP to the best of their ability.

Team Paradise - Howzat
Minnesota native Erik Dokken (Howzat on the forum) was a member of Team Paradise, the winning team in the Morgan Cup in 2013. After getting his handicap into the single digits this year, he is looking to continue to move his game in the right direction in 2014. Erik credits THP for enhancing his love of the sport and helping to create friendships with golfers all over the world. “The Morgan Cup is such a unique and special event. It has been a life changing experience and I am looking forward to the opportunity to share that some more Albatross Club members.” Erik plays hockey in the winter months and loves to spend time with his family outdoors.

Team DotCom - Mward
Michael Ward, from Wesley Chapel, FL, has played golf for 8 years and currently carries a low single digit handicap. He found THP in November 2010, but ramped up his activity level in the Fall of 2011. Since then, he's been to two outings, numerous official and unofficial THP gatherings, and the 2013 Morgan Cup as a volunteer. Michael is proud to be the team captain of Team Dot Com and looks forward to leading his team to victory.

Team Albatross - Canadan
Dan Edwards will be returning for his second year on team Albatross, this time as the captain. An avid THP member, Canadan has enjoyed THP experiences in eight different States over the last two years, and hopes to continue that trend in 2014. He believes that all members of the Hackers Paradise community should be able to enjoy the Morgan Cup process with the participants, and will work hard to bring the entire experience to the site first hand. As a captain, he will strive to form a cohesive unit out of Team Albatross, and put an emphasis on enjoyment of the game as well as playing the best golf possible. The camaraderie formed this year will be second to none. Away from the course, Canadan has a passion for hockey and Chipotle.

Last edited:
Oh man that just made things feel very real seeing that go live. Crazy how giddy reading that can make you feel all over again.

Hello captains! It's nice to have some insight into the captains journey and life.

Can't wait to see who the lucky 7 are that get to help me defend the title for Team Paradise!

Team THP! That Ryan guy seems alright.

Those will be great captains and even better Thpers. I've had a chance to meet them all but adwillingham. They are all top notch.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I am so excited to be leading Team Hackers. Being a member of Team Hackers in 2011, and coming back with the awesome opportunity to be the Captain of the same side in 2014 is simply an incredible honor and just adds that one extra element to the journey.

Always be a place for me and Team Dotcom! Love the Bios!

Couldn't imagine 4 better captains doing the job. Bravo fellas.

Absolutely awesome! We are being led this year for 4 awesome men & forum members. Going to be one heck of a ride!

Team THP! That Ryan guy seems alright.

Oh Captain my Captain.!!! Love seeing all the names go live with their teams.

Oh Captain My Captain....

o-captain-my-captain.jpg

Congrats Captains...I know you will be great leaders...

Oh man that just made things feel very real seeing that go live. Crazy how giddy reading that can make you feel all over again.
I'm guessing that's one of the many cool things that fits in the "and so much more" category. When people are committed to the big picture, the emotional highs that happen from time to have a positive effect. Very awesome.

Nice to be formally introduced to the leadership team

some great bios there!

I would love to call any of them my Captain!

Really though, those three guys rule. I've already been lucky enough to see what great guys they are in person and behind the scenes. Going to be some lucky Morgan Cuppers this year.

Really though, those three guys rule. I've already been lucky enough to see what great guys they are in person and behind the scenes. Going to be some lucky Morgan Cuppers this year.

I would like to formally request that MWard hands over the cardboard Hawk. I would like to have him in my practice area so I can have him yelling things at me to get me motivated.

I would like to formally request that MWard hands over the cardboard Hawk. I would like to have him in my practice area so I can have him yelling things at me to get me motivated.

Seems fair to me.

I wouldn't have a problem with that, except Hawk did not survive the Outing. Some people were too rough and partied too hard with him. I found him in a hedge Sunday morning in rough shape.

Captains, I wish you all luck! May the best team win! I'm sure you are there for your team, and your team will stand behind your decisions. Play nice now. :D

Man, it's exciting seeing this. Every bit of news on the Morgan Cup just adds to the excitement. Such an amazing event and 4 great guys chosen to be captains. Love seeing this and the info on the guys.

We have had some great captains over the yearts and this year is no different. I am lucky enough to have my Capt be Hawk, a guy I have admired from a far fro many internet years. The other three Mward, Donne and Erik are all guys I have played with, talked to and spent some good times with. All of these men are fine examples of what THP is and will be about. I am glad they will lead the charge into the 2014 MC. If Sh!t rolls down hill, then I am at the bottom of the hill, these guys are Sh*t'n gold!!

We have had some great captains over the yearts and this year is no different. I am lucky enough to have my Capt be Hawk, a guy I have admired from a far fro many internet years. The other three Mward, Donne and Erik are all guys I have played with, talked to and spent some good times with. All of these men are fine examples of what THP is and will be about. I am glad they will lead the charge into the 2014 MC. If Sh!t rolls down hill, then I am at the bottom of the hill, these guys are Sh*t'n gold!!

Don't forget about his assistant Jake! THP is setting the bar high with those two leading the way.

I know I can take em down though, just gotta give me the opportunity!

Back