Meet Your Assistant Captains - 2014 Morgan Cup

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The journey is beginning to the Ultimate Golf Event Period! One team is set, and the rest of the participants start getting chosen as early as next week. In case you have missed the info, here are all the details of what many consider one of the most unique events that has ever been created.

http://bit.ly/1aE2sBb

5 Teams
8 Golfers Per Team
Each golfer sponsored by either TaylorMade, Callaway, Cobra or Bridgestone
14 club deal, apparel, accessories and playing golf at two spectacular courses

Yesterday you met the captains for each team and today we are so proud to introduce a player for each team that will act as an assistant captain. Earlier in the week we told you about the new change in which each team had a #2 and yesterday they were invited to be part of the Ultimate Golf Event Period!

3thpmcteamslogosall-X3-M-L.png

Team THP - Captain Hawk
Assistant Captain - Puttin4Bird

Team Hackers - Captain adwillingham
Assistant Captain - Jeff Spicoli

Team Paradise - Captain Howzat
Assistant Captain - Wicked Cool Bearded Man

Team DotCom - Captain Mward
Assistant Captain - J4U

Team Albatross - Captain Canadan
Assistant Captain - dcbrad

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome group of Captains and Assistant Captains. Going to be a fun ride! Congrats to the honors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just awesome guys! Congrats. You've got your work cut out for you. But I'm positive you are up to the task!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Woah, major announcement there!!

Congrats to the assistant captains!!

The phone call I made yesterday to Jeff Spicoli (John) was probably the most fun I've ever had calling someone I barely know. So much of life is spent delivering bad news that it is rare (for me at least) to have the opportunity to give someone really great news when they were not expecting it. John was very excited and quite in shock...and while I haven't had the pleasure of spending time with him yet, he sounded like someone I will get along with very well.

John - Congratulations again, and I am thrilled to have you as my Assistant Captain on Team Hackers!!

Here is Tim's reaction to the news:

I also want to offer my congratulations to Tim and J4U (Doug). All of the captains are extrememly excited to have you both on this journey with us.

• Admin
The phone call I made yesterday to Jeff Spicoli (John) was probably the most fun I've ever had calling someone I barely know. So much of life is spent delivering bad news that it is rare (for me at least) to have the opportunity to give someone really great news when they were not expecting it. John was very excited and quite in shock...and while I haven't had the pleasure of spending time with him yet, he sounded like someone I will get along with very well.

John - Congratulations again, and I am thrilled to have you as my Assistant Captain on Team Hackers!!

Here is Tim's reaction to the news:

I love these two posts. Absolutely love them. The raw reaction in WCBM's voice was awesome. And he has done it before and still just giddy.

That recorded call was absolutely awesome. I can tell that Tim was taken completely by surprise and is ecstatic to be a part of this. Thanks for sharing the video with all of us!

An awesome group of assistant captains! J4U and Jeff, you guys are in for a heck of a ride, and the cow shall be wet yet again in Myrtle.

Congrats to the 4 assistant captain's. Loved the recorded reaction Howzat. Great idea!

What a great bunch of guys to be the captain and co captains. Congrats to Jeff (not) spicoli, Doug, and Tim.

Wow! MC announcement SUPREME!

Love it, three dudes that I know will serve the role well. Recording the phonecall was brilliant Erik! SO happy for Tim and Jeff! Also....

DOUG! DANDY DOUG AND HIS DELIGHTFUL CALVES IN THE MC!!!!!!!! Makes my day.

Now this is so cool! Congrats to all captains for having so awesome co-captains, and congrats to all co-captains for being selected and for having so awesome captains!

Tim is going to be a killer co-captain, he's used to handling kids, and boy will all the participants feel like a kid in a candy store at the Morgan Cup!

Great announcement. Great people. Greatest MC ever!

Great choices for the assistants, this is setting up nicely.

Holy shut the front door! Two first timers (Jeff and Doug) and the my main man WCBM! Hells yeah boys, love it. Man that list is looking freak'n awesome, 2014 is getting ready to put it foot on the throat of the rest.

That recorded call was absolutely awesome. I can tell that Tim was taken completely by surprise and is ecstatic to be a part of this. Thanks for sharing the video with all of us!

Congrats to the 4 assistant captain's. Loved the recorded reaction Howzat. Great idea!

Wow! MC announcement SUPREME!

Love it, three dudes that I know will serve the role well. Recording the phonecall was brilliant Erik! SO happy for Tim and Jeff! Also....

DOUG! DANDY DOUG AND HIS DELIGHTFUL CALVES IN THE MC!!!!!!!! Makes my day.

You guys will love Doug's reaction then as there is a video of that one as well. What a cool day. Three great guys.

Congtrats gentleman. Great choices for Assistant Captains

I'm saying the call with WCBM was staged because he didn't scream like a little girl; at least that's what I would have done. (kidding btw, that was freaking awesome).

Congrats to the 4 captains, what a tremendous honor and privilege to get to experience the MC as the #2 for each team and these guys will do the positions and the event proud.

Happy for all 4 Assistant Captains. Love the decision to do this. And that phone call with WCBM seriously just made my day. Good things do absolutely happen to good people. Tim is such an awesome and selfless guy and I am so happy for him. I have never met Jeff Spicoli or Doug (J4U) but I know they are really solid guys. Welcome to the 2014 MC guys. Cant wait to share everything with you.

I can't even describe how pumped and honored I am. Pretty speechless right now haha

I'm saying the call with WCBM was staged because he didn't scream like a little girl; at least that's what I would have done. (kidding btw, that was freaking awesome).

Congrats to the 4 captains, what a tremendous honor and privilege to get to experience the MC as the #2 for each team and these guys will do the positions and the event proud.

That is definitely WCBM. If you get the opportunity to meet him, you will see one of the most positive people in the world. A guy that can light up a room, a proud father and a man I am honored to call a friend. That was pure WCBM all the way.

Congratulations guys! Awesome opportunity. This is going to be an amazing event!

hahahaa I was in school and some students were still in my class - otherwise I would have hahaha

Back