2014 Ultimate Club Testing - TaylorMade Golf & THP

SO what big hitters we got coming to this one that are going for 17 in 3? Need to decide if I need to bring a chair and some popcorn for the festivities.

If it's possible, I'm trying.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Im hoping to be in good form for this, I'm nervous about the event a little in all honesty, I really want to strike the ball well with the Taylormade guys there and play well.

Maybe you'll leave with a contract.

2014 Ultimate Club Testing - TaylorMade Golf & THP

I'm nervous and excited at the same time. My first set of blades and my game is at the point I think I could make them my daily gamers. Throw in some good company and meeting guys like Mward and Blu for the first time and it should be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not about impressing someone Ward. Its about the fact that you are there to "test" a product designed for a specific type of golfer.
Having fun is a byproduct of the event.

But let me give you a hypothetical. Lets say that every guy testing MBs does nothing but tops balls for an afternoon. Think the company will be lined up to do another Ultimate Club Testing with irons?

Im not here to add any pressure or anything. Just stating the facts as it pertains to the company coming in.

I get it in that sense, I guess I'm just not nervous about performance personally. I guess I should had just said I'm not trying to go out there and wow them with unbelievable ball striking, just go out and play my normal game. Testing and learning is the priority and will be taken seriously since it's what the event is about. Then again I'm not making a massive design shift from what I'm used to some familiarity is going to be there.

Plus, it's just metal. Nothing to be afraid of there unless it's flying at my head. Since I didn't reshaft it, I don't see that being a problem for anyone.

SO what big hitters we got coming to this one that are going for 17 in 3? Need to decide if I need to bring a chair and some popcorn for the festivities.

I get lucky and square one up every once in awhile! I'll give it a rip!

I would setup a chair mike. I'm telling you. Getting on that green in two can be done but it needs a perfect drive.

For those of you standing on the 17 tee box. You can hit over the trees to your right and that can put you in the middle of the fairway missing the fairway bunkers. Now the question becomes if you hit it far enough to give yourself the right club but lets not forget the tree in the middle of the fairway so a player with a good fade or draw will be needed from about 200-240 out.

It can be done!

True Story.
I asked a major tour player filming a commercial there earlier this year about going for it in 2 (he has the distance).
His response was classic.
"Get better at your wedges. There is no reason to do that during play".

I agree with his logic, but if I have a flat lie and a front edge number that's feasible? I mean someone's gotta try it.. Right?

I agree with his logic, but if I have a flat lie and a front edge number that's feasible? I mean someone's gotta try it.. Right?

Especially if you are about to get closed out

It won't be me. I can tell you that 1000%.

Especially if you are about to get closed out

Based on that green and its slope, actually I'd rather have a wedge in hand. But if I'm about to close you out dude go for it. Tee it up if you need to

I could care less about my form to be honest. These guys work with professionals, there's not a single shot I can hit that'll impress them unless I hole out every approach. I'm just there to have fun and maybe poke and prod them about weird stuff.

Im not there to impress anyone, but I'm not there to make a fool of myself either. My nerves are a little jittery which is pretty normal for me, it feels like a pretty big deal to me because it's my first real THP event and I do want to play well. I just want to hit the irons I chose well, that's all. I hope there's nothing wrong with that.

Im not there to impress anyone, but I'm not there to make a fool of myself either. My nerves are a little jittery which is pretty normal for me, it feels like a pretty big deal to me because it's my first real THP event and I do want to play well. I just want to hit the irons I chose well, that's all. I hope there's nothing wrong with that.

I was so nervous on that first tee shot at the ATL Invitational. After that, it wasn't so bad. I hope I get that Friday round in to go ahead and get any jitters I might have out of the way. I've never been through an iron testing though, so this will be uncharted waters for me. I'm just ready to get down there, meet everyone, get to work and have a blast while doing it.

I was so nervous on that first tee shot at the ATL Invitational. After that, it wasn't so bad. I hope I get that Friday round in to go ahead and get any jitters I might have out of the way. I've never been through an iron testing though, so this will be uncharted waters for me. I'm just ready to get down there, meet everyone, get to work and have a blast while doing it.

I couldn't even tee the ball up in Vegas on the first day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting really excited for this. TM was awesome the first time around, I fully expect this one to blow our minds as well.

My Tour Preferred CB 6-iron should arrive tomorrow or Friday. I plan to spend a lot of time with that puppy between now and January getting prepared to test the new version. I expect that the 2014 version will perhaps be a little more forgiving, but, even if not, I plan to be ready. Fits into my King/THPMC preparedness plan as well (just in case I get in one of them).

I cant wait to hear about how these perform on the course.

Anyone know when we'll have info on lofts? Unsure when the embargo date is on clear pictures and other info.

True Story.
I asked a major tour player filming a commercial there earlier this year about going for it in 2 (he has the distance).
His response was classic.
"Get better at your wedges. There is no reason to do that during play".

I didn't pay $100 a ticket to see a tour player lay up on a short par 5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Anyone know when we'll have info on lofts? Unsure when the embargo date is on clear pictures and other info.

I would bet a 30° or 31° 6 iron.

If I wasn't going to be in Florida the week after for the entire week, I'd be all about this one.

This is Post #2 in the thread. I like that it isn't true

Broke out my old MP-57's in preparation for this event and dusted them off. While I'll miss hitting a 7 iron 175 yards, it'll be good practice for the event. If I can still hit them well, I'll have no problems with the MCs.

Broke out my old MP-57's in preparation for this event and dusted them off. While I'll miss hitting a 7 iron 175 yards, it'll be good practice for the event. If I can still hit them well, I'll have no problems with the MCs.

I would give up 20 yards of distance if it means more GIR. Distance is overrated.

I would give up 20 yards of distance if it means more GIR. Distance is overrated.

The problem is that I'm giving up distance and forgiveness at the same time going back to them........ :beat-up: But it will make me concentrate a bit more on making a clean strike, knowing I can't get away with much.

Back