2014 Ultimate Club Testing - TaylorMade Golf & THP

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Being my first official THP event, I don't want to embarrass myself.

I like the sounds of this LayPan dude.

And cowboy boots? Hell yes.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Being my first official THP event, I don't want to embarrass myself.

Dude, I can assure you, you don't have to worry about that. These things are a blast no matter how one plays!

Never have to worry about that. EVER EVER EVER EVER.

But to be fair, you also have quite a while before the event to test some players irons. Why not grab a lesson or work on the game for a bit if nothing else for self confidence.

Just run with it dude. THP plays host to events that include ALL handicaps. You're going to walk away a better person, a better THPer, and probably a better golfer.

Enjoy it.

Never have to worry about that. EVER EVER EVER EVER.

But to be fair, you also have quite a while before the event to test some players irons. Why not grab a lesson or work on the game for a bit if nothing else for self confidence.

I do all of that, and hit the ball well at the range and have my moments on the course. I hit irons decently and putt great, but seem to have a mental block with tee shots for some reason on the course. Plenty of time to work on it still, but if I could get off the tee box halfway decently, I'd be a 10-12 handicap with the rest of my game.

I signed up for blades so don't worry about being embarrassed, I got that covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude don't worry about it one bit. I was nervous at my first event too, but I'll tell you what really helps. Seeing everyone's faces around you that aren't from the site when you're meeting everyone. "Hey what's up dude, I'm Six4three5" "Oh ok I'm Bullitt5359" "Nice to meet you dude!" They look at you like you have 3 heads and then after that initial ice breaking, you'll feel right at home! Don't sweat it.

Jman in for the TM testing?

Boom!

Love it dude.

January golf. Let that sink in a bit.

Dude don't worry I will take care of doing all the embarrassing moments

Oh and welcome jman

Boom!

Love it dude.

I might have squealed like a girl. So excited for him.

Boom!

Love it dude.

January. Golf.

And Sushi. SO MUCH SUSHI.

That's the best part man! We are all human and make mistakes, heck, it's golf! Once you meet other THPers in person, it's like meeting old friends you haven't seen in a while. There's a common medium to chat it up about and that just brings on such good coversation. Quite frankly, playing with my old playing buddies seems lame compared to my experiences with THPers. Just have fun with it and enjoy this great experience. Taylormade is going to hook you guys up and I know you all are going to give excellent feedback and have a great time doing it too!

Last edited:
LayPan sounds like a jackwagon. Why couldn't it be Jman...

Ooooooohhhhhhh. I get it now. I'm on board

No need to worry man. You'll be with a great bunch of people. Just enjoy yourself and play your game. I was so freaking nervous at the outing, I hit so bad I think I put a ball in the pool off the tee one hole. Everyone did their best to make me feel comfortable and it was a great time.

I've embarrassed myself plenty, including at the first TaylorMade Ultimate Testing, and everyone is good about only laughing when your back is turned. I kid. Honestly, just have a good time and your game will follow.

Sushi and Buffet aren't two words I generally put in the same sentence with any level of excitement.

I've been known to hammer a buffet in my day...specifically that one

Man this can't get here soon enough, I'm so looking so forward to some Florida golf, club testing, and hanging with some forumites it's not even funny. It's going to be incredible to get the sticks in the bag, I haven't strayed from Mizuno in many many years, I'm actually excited about the thought.

I've been known to hammer a buffet in my day...specifically that one
Opened this thread and this is the first post I saw.

It made me chuckle. What a way to start the day.

Dude. My first time playing with THPers... Trout and Tadashi. They shot right around par. I shot right around 100. You'll be fine.

SO what big hitters we got coming to this one that are going for 17 in 3? Need to decide if I need to bring a chair and some popcorn for the festivities.

SO what big hitters we got coming to this one that are going for 17 in 3? Need to decide if I need to bring a chair and some popcorn for the festivities.
I went for it both times last time there.

However, I hit a large tree that was sitting in front of the green both times. #LowTrajectory

Back