2014 Ultimate Club Testing - TaylorMade Golf & THP

SO what big hitters we got coming to this one that are going for 17 in 3? Need to decide if I need to bring a chair and some popcorn for the festivities.

I'm not a big hitter at all but if I hit a good drive I'll go for it, I ain't affraid of no water! I can swim.

I'm not a big hitter at all but if I hit a good drive I'll go for it, I ain't affraid of no water! I can swim.
You are going to quite enjoy this course, bro.

Elevation change, water, tight fairways. It's a thinking course.

SO what big hitters we got coming to this one that are going for 17 in 3? Need to decide if I need to bring a chair and some popcorn for the festivities.
\

For sure it won't be me, unless I can play from the old men's tees. :sad:

\

For sure it won't be me, unless I can play from the old men's tees. :sad:

You and me both, I just want to be over the drink in 3

You are going to quite enjoy this course, bro.

Elevation change, water, tight fairways. It's a thinking course.

Im
excited man, I've heard so many good things about it from you guys, the resort looks spectacular.

Not plunking a ball in any water on that hole will be a success for me. Score is irrelevant....

It's going to be so fun Bullitt it's not even funny, these cats are a blast to be around and all our games are subject to staying at home anytime they choose to lol. It'll be great to meet you.

I've always had a blast playing with THPers, even though none of the events up to this time have been official. Before THP, I played the same 3 or 4 courses all the time because none of the guys I played with wanted to travel. Since joining THP, I've done more traveling throughout this area to meet up and play golf and no matter how good or bad I've played, just the traveling has been worth it.

Are we downwind, and am I more on the right side of the fairway so it's not as blind coming in? I might give it a chance.

Not going to lie. I am pretty nervous about where my swing will be. Good thing I plan on a Friday round. And at least two flightscope lessons before I get down there.

All the worries make me smile. In the end, its a THP event, show up, swing the sticks, and smile/laugh the whole time.

I'm in it to put some sweet clubs through their paces and have a damn good time. No more, no less.

All the worries make me smile. In the end, its a THP event, show up, swing the sticks, and smile/laugh the whole time.

I'm in it to put some sweet clubs through their paces and have a damn good time. No more, no less.

Im glad you got in Jman, and you nailed it on the head.

I'm in it to put some sweet clubs through their paces and have a damn good time and enjoy some prime rib. No more, no less.

Totally agree, especially the bolded

There will be paces. I am worried that I will have more to say about the performance of balls struck off the hosel. hehe

We will be fine. I'm around THPers. What's bad about that?

Its a bit of a different event. That is why I have openly said that if you are not happy with your game...GET INSTRUCTION NOW. You are not just playing with THPers but every foursome will have someone with TaylorMade Golf in it. These are not the most forgiving clubs in the world obviously and are marketed towards bogey golfers or better.

The good news is that there is two months before this event and one can make dramatic changes if they choose to. If there is a level of uncertainty, its really an easy fix if you want it.

Its a bit of a different event. That is why I have openly said that if you are not happy with your game...GET INSTRUCTION NOW. You are not just playing with THPers but every foursome will have someone with TaylorMade Golf in it. These are not the most forgiving clubs in the world obviously and are marketed towards bogey golfers or better.

The good news is that there is two months before this event and one can make dramatic changes if they choose to. If there is a level of uncertainty, its really an easy fix if you want it.

You are right. A lot of things can improve in 2 months time of hard work. Obviously I know next to nothing about the new line of TP clubs here, but the previous line was not very easy to hit and it took me time to adjust to that while testing them.

Totally agree, thanks for calling me out lol

Certainly no fun making the trip there and getting a chance to hit these irons and wetting the bed, so now is as good of a time as any to get working on the game

There will be time put in. I am not going to embarrass myself. Between the flightscope that's being installed at my home course (only one in the state), and the visits to simulators and other launch monitors, my game will be manageable. I will not settle for bringing anything less than complete effort.

Too true. I forget that I do get to play all the time and never really stop, I'm extremely fortunate in that regard. Duly noted sir.

Im hoping to be in good form for this, I'm nervous about the event a little in all honesty, I really want to strike the ball well with the Taylormade guys there and play well.

Im hoping to be in good form for this, I'm nervous about the event a little in all honesty, I really want to strike the ball well with the Taylormade guys there and play well.

I could care less about my form to be honest. These guys work with professionals, there's not a single shot I can hit that'll impress them unless I hole out every approach. I'm just there to have fun and maybe poke and prod them about weird stuff.

I won't be embarrassed by my iron play, I generally hit my irons really well.

I could care less about my form to be honest. These guys work with professionals, there's not a single shot I can hit that'll impress them unless I hole out every approach. I'm just there to have fun and maybe poke and prod them about weird stuff.

Its not about impressing someone Ward. Its about the fact that you are there to "test" a product designed for a specific type of golfer.
Having fun is a byproduct of the event.

But let me give you a hypothetical. Lets say that every guy testing MBs does nothing but tops balls for an afternoon. Think the company will be lined up to do another Ultimate Club Testing with irons?

Im not here to add any pressure or anything. Just stating the facts as it pertains to the company coming in.

Back