The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
The vehicle needs to be returned in a state of normal wear so either his or her insurance needs to fix it because if the manufacturer gets involved you very screwed hard. They are brutal when it comes to body storm.

Does it affect the residual? We all know what a car fax with a wreck does to a cars value.

Does it affect the residual? We all know what a car fax with a wreck does to a cars value.

Yes very much so. You want to get it fixed you don't want their appraisal on the damages.

ry8ude6y.jpg
Dude...thats effed up.. Being a first time leaser, I am curious to know how it effects the lease terms

Luckily the truck hit in the quarter panel, the trucks bumper was at Window level and my grandmother was in the back seat. He apparently floored it when backing up, destroyed the back half of the car.

I
The vehicle needs to be returned in a state of normal wear so either his or her insurance needs to fix it because if the manufacturer gets involved you are screwed . They are brutal when it comes to body work..

Toyota fixed the ex gf's car (see above). Used all Toyota parts. No problems at all on the lease. This was in 1990. Maybe it's different now, but they knew everything about the wreck.

Toyota fixed the ex gf's car (see above). Used all Toyota parts. No problems at all on the lease. This was in 1990. Maybe it's different now, but they knew everything about the wreck.

Who paid for it? They surely didn't fix it for free.

Yes very much so. You want to get it fixed you don't want their appraisal on the damages.

If it is fixed by a third party prior to turn in, will it affect the residual value in any way?

Who paid for it? They surely didn't fix it for free.

The person who hit her. Their fault. Well, their insurance paid it.

If it is fixed by a third party prior to turn in, will it affect the residual value in any way?

I don't believe so but I'm not entirely sure with that amount ofdamage.

people piss me off.

female underclassmen, in this case. two really bad things.

I could really use some relationship advice. I have never been this conflicted before. I feel like such a horrible person :(

My mom was hit this afternoon in her leased vehicle. Luckily she and all passengers are OK, but she is not sure how it will affect her lease.

The idiot decided it would be a good idea to back back down a one way road, since he was in a lifted truck I guess he didn't notice the full size sedan behind him.
glad mom is ok

I could really use some relationship advice. I have never been this conflicted before. I feel like such a horrible person :(
what kind of advise do you need and why do you feel horrible

glad mom is ok

what kind of advise do you need and why do you feel horrible

Glad your mom is okay wake.

Idk I just feel a little smothered and it is causing me to be distant and in turn making everything worse. Been doing a bad job at communicating I guess.

Glad your mom is okay wake.

Idk I just feel a little smothered and it is causing me to be distant and in turn making everything worse. Been doing a bad job at communicating I guess.

Communication is the backbone of every relationship. Without our partner has no clue what's going on with us. Tell her how you feel but be ready for the consequences. She might not take it the way you want or thought.

Being distant is not the way to go. It's a form of avoidance and that just ain't gonna get it done.

My mom was hit this afternoon in her leased vehicle. Luckily she and all passengers are OK, but she is not sure how it will affect her lease.

The idiot decided it would be a good idea to back back down a one way road, since he was in a lifted truck I guess he didn't notice the full size sedan behind him.

We just turned in our Infiniti and it was in an accident. Got a new front end in SC, when someone hit us. We owed nothing in penalties. It was actually the 1st time I had leased a vehicle and turned it in owing nothing. Most of the time tires got me.

They come out (a 3rd party person) and check the car completely. It takes about 15-20 minutes. They notify you right there. Keep in mind when turning the car in, that cost left to you can be negotiable.

But back to the wreck. THe important part is making sure the car is fixed properly. Paint matches, etc. If it does, it will not be a big deal.

Dude...thats effed up.. Being a first time leaser, I am curious to know how it effects the lease terms

See above.

Partial rant / partial HHJJ: Daughter has strep throat so we can't go to Thanksgiving dinner with my family. The HHJJ part is that I get to spend the day just hanging out with my girls relaxing and watching movies.

Glad everyone is ok dude,mthats the most important thing. I would take it to a dealership collision center and make sure they use OEM parts vs aftermarket junk, also if possible try and find one that uses a European paint brand like Sikkens, spies Hecker, or Standox, they tend to embrace better and more training modules as well as other unseens by the consumer. If you want I can find the best one in your area if you shoot me a pm with her location. There are a ton of hacks out there dude, be careful.

We just turned in our Infiniti and it was in an accident. Got a new front end in SC, when someone hit us. We owed nothing in penalties. It was actually the 1st time I had leased a vehicle and turned it in owing nothing. Most of the time tires got me.

They come out (a 3rd party person) and check the car completely. It takes about 15-20 minutes. They notify you right there. Keep in mind when turning the car in, that cost left to you can be negotiable.

But back to the wreck. THe important part is making sure the car is fixed properly. Paint matches, etc. If it does, it will not be a big deal.

See above.

Thanks JB, poor MB is getting screwed on this deal. She negotiated a crazy low lease with a very high residual and a low penalty for going over on mileage. So now MB will get back a 2 year old wrecked car with 40k miles, good luck selling it.

I should have posted my rant last night. I got a text from my neighbors yesterday. They didn't realize they would be gone all week and wanted to know if I would go let their lab out of the garage. He had been locked in there for a couple days. They also were out of dog food and wondered if I could feed him some of Roxie's food. I go in and hear their 5 month old kitten crying from the bathroom. I discover he is also out of food and water with no food to feed him. Luckily I have cats so I took him some of ours and gave him a healthy dose of love. I don't mind helping them at all (her mother is going through chemo) but call me sooner rather than later so the poor babies won't be so lonesome and hungry. Their lab is more ours than theirs anyway.

Some people, that makes me angry Kelly. It doesn't border abuse, it is abuse IMO.

That's horrible, Kelly. Glad you were around to take care of things.

That's horrible, Kelly. Glad you were around to take care of things.

I took our dog Roxie and Luke for a walk this morning so they could do their business. Luke is a huge dog and he seems to always be smiling. He loves attention and is a very smart dog. He's much smarter than he looks and he reminds me of Goofy (Disney character) lumbering down the road. He can knock you down with his tail :bulgy-eyes:

I took our dog Roxie and Luke for a walk this morning so they could do their business. Luke is a huge dog and he seems to always be smiling. He loves attention and is a very smart dog. He's much smarter than he looks and he reminds me of Goofy (Disney character) lumbering down the road. He can knock you down with his tail :bulgy-eyes:

Lol, reminds me of my old boy Billy. They just soak it up when you pay attention to them. He was big for his breed and walk time was his favorite times of the day, knew he would be getting a little snack, haha.

Lol, reminds me of my old boy Billy. They just soak it up when you pay attention to them. He was big for his breed and walk time was his favorite times of the day, knew he would be getting a little snack, haha.

Exactly!

gyvyguba.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back