Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter Preview

These will not go on sale I can almost bet on it

I like that in the video they are talking about the numbers being relatively limited in them compared to the other lines.

Even though I'm a blade guy out of all the ones I tried the #9 was my favorite. Very soft and rolled very true. I wanted to like the #1 but I just wasn't digging the feel at impact. Although it was an upgrade over the metal x...hated those.

Last edited:
I really don't think you could go wrong with any putter. To me the putter head was nice an heavy and the single sight on the flange really set up well for me. I can see myself dropping buckets with that putter.

Picked up a Metal X 1 tonight so I can familiarize myself with Odyssey again. Can't wait for these.

they are not making a ton of these as Greg said. The other thing I will tell you is that Callaway has really refined the art of a semi limited production. There are no more of this year versions of 3deep to be shipped. What's out there is what is available. They are getting out if the business of over producing equipment. Smart business

There are always some to be found. Same as the 3deep you can find one on the cheap. The nice thing about putters is they don't take much abuse so when you find one used and cheap. It still looks new.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

#7. That is all.

I'll end up trying one, but it may not knock the White Damascus ix out of the bag.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

That Damascus sounds amazing. I hope it gets knocked out of the bag, so then you can sell it to me.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

These look incredible!

I also love learning about the chemical process to get the face pattern!

Wow these look incredible, #7and #9 are quite pretty.

Love what I'm seeing so far, Odyssey really has my attention again.

Great looking putters! I'm not sure I'll be cheating on my Seemore any time soon, but I'm anxious to give one a roll.

Man these look so awesome. I'm really becoming a fan of milled putters and would love a chance to roll one of these. 330m looks pretty sweet, but then so do the rest of them.

I like the looks of these a lot. I really like my Metal-X putter, but feel I get along with center-shafted putters so haven't played it in a while. That said, I'd really like to give that #1 a roll. Definitely going to be looking for these come release time.

It is amazing how a new finish can make familiar shapes new again.

In the case of the #7, a new face material as well.

I wasn't a fan of the Metal X. I guess it blurred the lines too much for me, or maybe there were other reasons. Either way, I'd take a regular insert of the MX insert 10/10 times.

That said, the milled version is very nice. Can't wait to get one out on the course.

Was really hoping for a style similar to a #1 Wide, but that won't keep me from trying another model. Certainly look great, and I love deep milling for the feel/sound it provides at impact.

So Odyssey golf just announced that the new Metal-X milled will be released to retail on Jan. 17th. Who's excited to roll one and who plans on putting one in the bag?

After spending some time with the #9HT I know one will be in my bag as soon as possible.

Some pictures from the site.
mxm-3.jpg

mxm-4.jpg

Yeah, I want that in a flow/flare neck!!!! It turned out really, really good looking.

This is the one I want!

mxm-7.jpg

#1, #7, #9ht....so many great options. I can't wait to roll them all! I'm thinking 20gm weights will provide a nice solid feel.

#6, flow neck bliss.

They made one? Why am I not finding this beauty?

#1, #7, #9ht....so many great options. I can't wait to roll them all! I'm thinking 20gm weights will provide a nice solid feel.

Yeah, so... We should hang out after the Morgan Cup. hahahaha

I want that #7.

I don't need a new putter... I don't need a new putter...

They made one? Why am I not finding this beauty?

Yeah, so... We should hang out after the Morgan Cup. hahahaha

Yep, 6 is in the lineup according to the site, just no pics up yet.

Back