#OwnTheSecondShot - THP & Adams Golf Event Info

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the premier events coming in 2014 is a new event with THP and Adams Golf with the name #OwnTheSecondShot. Unique, creative and a whole lot of fun is packed into this one.

20140108_121408-400x300.jpg

When & Where
March 1st (Friday evening & Saturday) - Dallas, TX

Golf Course
The Cowboys Club
Inspired by excellence, an innovative golf and entertainment experience awaits, with the world's first NFL-themed golf course.

Itinerary
Friday Evening - Meet & Greet party at the Adams HQ in Plano, TX. At this time Teams will be announced. THPers and members of the Adams team will get together over food and drinks before a big day at the golf course.

Saturday Morning - Breakfast at Cowboys Club

Saturday Afternoon - Round of Golf w/ a Twist

Saturday After Golf - Another Meal at Cowboys Club

Team Event
Three player teams with the 4th in each group being a member from Adams Golf (Marketing, R&D or Executive Team)
Format - Shamble (with some twists)
THP will announce the teams the night before at Adams HQ.
There will be 10 teams of 3.
The second shot on every hole will be executed with an Adams club (Tight Lies, Hybrid or Iron).
Clubs will be there to take care of this task.

Prizes
1st Place Team: Inside The Ropes experience with Adams Tour Reps at 2014 Colonial + custom built hybrid of their choosing + free roundtrip airfare from Southwest Airlines

2nd Place Team: Custom built Tight Lies Fairway Wood and XTD Hybrid of their choosing

3rd Place Team: Adams Stand Bag & Shirt

Other prizes to be announced at the event include best shot, most tweets from the course, etc.

Cost
Price for the event is $209.
This includes party Friday night.
Golf Saturday.
Two Meals at Cowboys Club
Adams Hat + Goodie Bag
And a whole lot more

Lodging
We have negotiated a discounted rate with The Element Dallas/FT. Worth Airport North Hotel. The rate is $89 ($102.35 after taxes). This is for a suite with a king bed and queen pull out bed in the living room. The room will have a full kitchen and this rate includes a complimentary breakfast and WiFi.

To make your reservation you can use this website and book directly online or you can call the hotel directly at (972)929-9800 or their Central Reservations line (877)782-0151 and let them know you are with The Hackers Paradise group.

How Can I Sign Up
Sign up will be first come and first served and will be closed when it hits 30 golfers. From there a waiting list will be created for those that drop out. A non-refundable deposit of $100 will be due at the time of signup.

Signup will open on Monday December 30th at 4pm EST.

There will be a new thread when signup begins with what you will have to do to signup and take part. We are excited about bringing the THP Tour Van back to Dallas, TX and meeting some wonderful THPers.

This is part of our 2014 event calendar and to sign up and be a part of events, you must be an Albatross Club Member. To learn more about the club, click here.

Edit
To sign up for this event, send an email to golfergal@thehackersparadise.com
You must include these things in your email for your entry to count.
Your full name
Your forum screen name
Your handicap index (if you dont know it, guess for now)
What city & state you are from
RH or LH?
Remember that there is a $100 deposit due today to hold your spot

The Teams:
Team 1Team 2Team 3Team 4Team 5
Michael FoxKevin MayouxJared GuttmanAustin AndersonBrian Seon
#cookieputtin4birdjmanJ4Utadashi
TexasHackerScarnicithreeboysdadDocTrussellWardF
O'CarrollJjmorriscapt.druDance_businessmikeg_74
Team 6Team 7Team 8Team 9Team 10
Joe SantelliAlex BergerRob StephensSteve NicholsJohn Kendall
KC720JankEasy8Natestaticline
ShakeyafwcardinalNebgolferv.manTpluff
baldguyMatthewWoody_74Johnny Mojoshanep

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I am going to have to try and get into this. With the price it is tough to beat.

This is going to be awesome. I hope I can make it in.

209?! Mike Dean you did one hell of a job on that one.

I can't see this signup lasting more than 5 seconds.

Nice! Looking forward to signing up!

This is going to be awesome, sure it will sell out in seconds. Calendar reminder set.

Wow I just realized I will be on a client site in Amarillo the following week so this should be perfect as I will only be paying for 1 flight!

This going to be one heck of a good time for those that get to sign up. Well done!!!

This event sounds amazing. Its time to have a talk with the wife

Wow. That is pretty freaking awesome. Well done THP, Adams, and Mike Dean.

Awesome event and looks to be breaking the mold in format. Good luck to all the participants!

Wow! That's a LOW price! (Speaking of worst commercials).

Wow this sounds like a hell of an event, and for $209!? Dang! Gonna be a lucky 30 THPers in this one.

I shockingly just made it so my calendar is going to have me in DFW for that weekend. I am looking forward to trying to get in.

Make it happen folks! Looking forward to following along.

That is freaking awesome. What a sweet event. This is going to fill up fast for sure.

Definitely a really cool event. I've heard great things about the Cowboys club and Adams line of FW's and hybos is very solid.

I seriously cannot keep up with all the amazing things happening on THP right now.

Cowboys Club? Whaaaaaaaaaaaat

Someone has been skimming the announcements thread. :angel:

oh and FYI this includes unlimited food non alcoholic drinks on the course as well!

Awesome companies, awesome course, awesome prizes, and a heck of a price. I've got the 30th off from work so I hope I can get in. What a great event to make my first THP event!

Sounds absolutely excellent!! Reminder added to calendar, I will be getting into this one!!

Looking forward to seeing whom all joins us in Plano & Dallas for this event!

Once we know who, we will definitely make plans for Friday & Sunday golf for any and all interested. I'm excited to see the Adams facility and also to play Cowboys for the first time!

Back