Odyssey Jailbird Preview

This does absolutely nothing for me in looks, but can buy the notion of alignment. Worth a try at some point, but not excited for this one.

Tap Tap

I like the blade W/B/W better than this one, but I'm sure it rolls really well!

I know it's a small change from the other Versas, but I'm curious how the extra line will effect alignment.

I know some will like it but this was my least favorite of all the putters we rolled at the Ultimate testing.

curious to hear what the bars across do for stability.

I'm not loving the look, personally. Looks stable as all heck though, which should help some folks.

It looks absolutely insane. Then again, I've seen some people putt with what appears to be a vulcan spaceship, and putt extremely well with it.

Here's to finding the right putter for your game. If this is it, we'll definitely have something to chat about!

I had to laugh at this post because I'm currently using a putter with wings that looks eerily like a Klingon Battle Cruiser.

The Jailbird took me a minute or so, but I'm liking it. I think the striping perpendicular to your target line will be a useful alignment tool, in particular to make sure you're alignment stays proper through the stroke. I'll certainly be giving it a try when I see it in stores.

Hummm.... seems like a lot going on visually

Hope that it rolls well because it is hard to look at in my opinion.

Another annoying Tapatalk signature!!

I am a fan of large putters and I don't mind the overall shape of this one although I do think the #7 is more appealing to my eye. I just don't know what to do with a putter that doesn't have a line or two on top to help me align properly.

Put it on the "must try" list for the year.

Soooo, they took the #7, put a bar between the 2 piece on the back and viola a new putter? Really? Looks like more marketing gimmicks from Odyssey!

I'd love to hit this one. Not sure I like it, not sure I don't.

I would like it a lot more if it was a solid color, just too much going on when looking down at it.

Soooo, they took the #7, put a bar between the 2 piece on the back and viola a new putter? Really? Looks like more marketing gimmicks from Odyssey!

More marketing gimmicks? Maybe roll one for yourself and decide before throwing out statement like that...

Curious as to their other marketing gimmicks

Would it be better if they rebranded the same styles year after year and called it new?

LOL. I'd say it's just another option and probably a niche one at that. Say what you will, but they are the only company putting out such a variety of small SKU's like this. Not to mention they dominate (DOMINATE) professional Tours, especially when you consider the number of people not getting paid to play them.

At first look, I thought, yuuucckk !
But the more I look at it, the more it is growing on me.
I am never one to judge by looks, so my final opinion would be after swinging it.

Looking forward to rolling this one a bit more soon.

Looking forward to rolling this one a bit more soon.

I am really thinking about getting one of these. I really enjoyed my time with this putter. Would like a single bend shaft instead of the double bend but still a great putter.

i don't think i'd like it personally but i think it will be a big hit with all the #7 lovers out there and how well the versa has worked for so many people just a little to big for me right now i think, i'll def be rolling one when i see one at the store though!

Interesting look, I need to roll one to see if the stripe look is distracting, I suspect not

The more and more I've looked at Versa style Odyssey putter, I really like it if the front is black and the next stripe is white, I think that contrast creates a great alignment aid. I can't wait to hear more about how this putter performs, with putting, the proof is always in the pudding (results)!!!

I would like it a lot more if it was a solid color, just too much going on when looking down at it.

Interesting look, I need to roll one to see if the stripe look is distracting, I suspect not

Spent some time with the putter over the weekend - after initial preview on THP, I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. I found that it rolled the ball fine, but I really had to focus... The Versa "design" is something I like on my own #1 Wide, but I did find the Jailbird distracting. Don't doubt it will be a solid option for some golfers, but it's not for me.

The more and more I've looked at Versa style Odyssey putter, I really like it if the front is black and the next stripe is white, I think that contrast creates a great alignment aid. I can't wait to hear more about how this putter performs, with putting, the proof is always in the pudding (results)!!!

Kyle, you are spot on about the contrast man. I have found that exactly the same as you

It's not that bad looking, curious to see if the headcover is going to have a guy in a jailbird outfit running with a putter... then I'd buy it just for that.

Back