The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Boys and girls, if that didn't get you fired up, call a priest! You need your last rites! You can sense the passion coming through JB's words. This is going to be an experience like no other. I am so excited to be on this journey. It is constantly on my mind, and everything I do, every plan I make is with that end in mind, especially THP events like Dallas, the Invitationals, SeeMore, et. al. They will all factor into my prep for this event. I plan to make the most of these next six months and relish every moment of it.

Thanks JB for a great post, inspiring and sure as damn got me on fire.

I'll bring it.

I read it twice, but on the second time I could not stop Al Pacino from Any given Sunday to take over as the voice :D

What a powerful post JB.Not that I'm not pumped and ready to go but that post just brought it up a level!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that was incredible, I need to step up my creativity with these remaining entries.

Some days you have the fire. Some days the fire has you. Move over and move up is something I say to myself every single day when the fire has me. Today I have the fire. The 2014 #THPMC is getting close. The year has come. The journey is about to begin, and 40 THPers will have their lives changed.

We are down to the nitty gritty in terms of selections and there are many new faces to go along with a few with experience. The final participants will be ready to roll before the end of January and then the journey begins. 40 golfers will begin a transformation from community member ready to talk golf, to rock star status where people around the world look forward to reading what you write, how you write it and what you have to say about the game and the equipment we all love.

For 6 months (and more), your life will change. You may not think so yet, but it will happen. The journey will consume you. The battles will consume you. Your goals will consume you. All for the name that consumes me (she knows who she is). Get ready gentlemen, its days like today when you look outside and wonder "when", when you can sit back and know "soon" and also know how much more it will matter.

Playing with a purpose is different than anything you have gone through in the past. Your captains will guide you and your assistant captains will mold you and in the end you will have a team set for glory. Only one of the five teams will come out holding the trophies of the new #THPMC and the rest will walk away, still with their head high, knowing that it is complete.

Days like today remind me of why it is #FranchiseRewritten. It is about change. It is about creativity. It is about innovation. And most of all, it is about all of you and putting on the best damn event in the history of golf. Forget Amateur, forget forum, forget internet, forget website. This is the ULTIMATE GOLF EVENT PERIOD...And I am effin proud to be a part of it.

Get ready gentlemen (and ladies)...The 2014 #THPMC is coming. And the franchise has been rewritten!

UN-REAL post. It's -15 outside and I want to play golf right now,

Some days you have the fire. Some days the fire has you. Move over and move up is something I say to myself every single day when the fire has me. Today I have the fire. The 2014 #THPMC is getting close. The year has come. The journey is about to begin, and 40 THPers will have their lives changed.

We are down to the nitty gritty in terms of selections and there are many new faces to go along with a few with experience. The final participants will be ready to roll before the end of January and then the journey begins. 40 golfers will begin a transformation from community member ready to talk golf, to rock star status where people around the world look forward to reading what you write, how you write it and what you have to say about the game and the equipment we all love.

For 6 months (and more), your life will change. You may not think so yet, but it will happen. The journey will consume you. The battles will consume you. Your goals will consume you. All for the name that consumes me (she knows who she is). Get ready gentlemen, its days like today when you look outside and wonder "when", when you can sit back and know "soon" and also know how much more it will matter.

Playing with a purpose is different than anything you have gone through in the past. Your captains will guide you and your assistant captains will mold you and in the end you will have a team set for glory. Only one of the five teams will come out holding the trophies of the new #THPMC and the rest will walk away, still with their head high, knowing that it is complete.

Days like today remind me of why it is #FranchiseRewritten. It is about change. It is about creativity. It is about innovation. And most of all, it is about all of you and putting on the best damn event in the history of golf. Forget Amateur, forget forum, forget internet, forget website. This is the ULTIMATE GOLF EVENT PERIOD...And I am effin proud to be a part of it.

Get ready gentlemen (and ladies)...The 2014 #THPMC is coming. And the franchise has been rewritten!

There should be some pyrotechnics and nu-metal after a post like this. This has me pumped. Like, get in the gym and lift something heavy pumped.

UN-REAL post. It's -15 outside and I want to play golf right now,

I'm with you, can't stop thinking of what I need to do to step up to the challenge that is the Morgan cup. To do anything but my best is an insult to this event and the people who make it happen, and I'm going to make sure that I live up to the expectations.

I'm with you, can't stop thinking of what I need to do to step up to the challenge that is the Morgan cup. To do anything but my best is an insult to this event and the people who make it happen, and I'm going to make sure that I live up to the expectations.

You will my man. You will.

One thing is for sure, there is absolutely no better motivation for an amateur golfer on THP than the Morgan Cup. There will be smiles, there will be equipment, and there will be satisfaction, but...

Expect pressure.
Expect competition.
Expect the unexpected.

For those who have experienced it, they know what I'm talking about. Get yourself into local tournament, play money games, and get some matchplay, best ball, and alt-shot under your belt so you know what it's like to let down your partner, or pick your partner up with your shots. Coming in raw is never a good plan. Coming in out of shape is never a good plan with so much golf and heat packed into a couple of very short days.

That JB post was great. When he's excited about something, we all benefit, but know that if you're in this beauty, and you're on team Albatross, the grind will be real.

Awesome post right there Dan!

Ummmm.........Jeez - o - Peez JB! Awesome man!

JM

So I was going to send a pm on this, however I'd rather hear from anyone I could. After J.B's epic speech today I thought a little. As a newcomer to this when you stop and take the equipment ponderkng, contest encouraging , practice and all the things that's keeping your mind busy out of the equation, we're any of you a little timid , nervous about this your first go around? When you start putting this into perspective there is a lot that is going on and sooo much more to come. Just curious as to other 1st timers thoughts these months before their dance with destiny ...

So I was going to send a pm on this, however I'd rather hear from anyone I could. After J.B's epic speech today I thought a little. As a newcomer to this when you stop and take the equipment ponderkng, contest encouraging , practice and all the things that's keeping your mind busy out of the equation, we're any of you a little timid , nervous about this your first go around? When you start putting this into perspective there is a lot that is going on and sooo much more to come. Just curious as to other 1st timers thoughts these months before their dance with destiny ...

When you get nervous or whatever- remember that you have 39 other brothers going through EXACTLY what you are. Plus thousands of others who want to see you succeed.

Damn, I have goosebumps, legitimate goosebumps.

JB, that was eloquent, poignant, and most importantly badass.

I can't wait, this journey, man this journey...

There will be nerves for sure. Like the bearded man said, you are not in this alone. No one wants to see you fail. Put the nervous energy to good use and enjoy the ride.

JB posts stuff like that and you can't help but get goosebumps and the adrenaline firing through your veins.

The next six months are going to be the most intense six months 40 of us will ever face on the golf course. Every range ball hit will gain more and more meaning, and the minimum standards for misses will be increased.

Hands will grow calloused, skin will be sunburnt, backs will hurt. Every single shot taken will only attempt to get you ready to hear the words on the first tee at True Blue, "Now on the tee..."

Get ready. Team Dot Com, consider this the calm before the storm.

WOW.....not much else to say after that...but WOW!!!!

Inspiring speech JB really should get everyone involved in your great event pumped up. Not that the needed the extra motivation but really gets them taking the MC seriously.

I wish I could make a serious run at a spot this year but for me I have my sights set on 2015. Just too much going on this year for me.

Can't wait to read all of the great stuff that goes along with the MC on this awesome site!

As a first timer I must tell you I go though the full gament of emotion on a daily basis. Nervous, disbelief, happy, proud are some I go through and its only January. Its like Im in the MC too ohhh man Im in the MC and I need to work on so much. Im just trying to embrace everything that this journey will bring and enjoying it every step of the way

I'm so damned pumped right now!

Am I nervous? Definitely. But it's a good kind of nervous...the kind that makes me restless with this cold weather outside. The kind that pushed me to just recently get my first ever gym membership. It's a feeling that is going to keep me grinding to improve myself and my game the best I can for this event.

I've been around the forum for the previous two Morgan Cups, and while each has always outdone their predecessor, this one is going to change everything. The event wouldn't be where it is now without the last three Morgan Cups, but this year's...well...#FranchiseRewritten. It's going to be an amazing ride.

Am I nervous? Definitely. But it's a good kind of nervous...the kind that makes me restless with this cold weather outside. The kind that pushed me to just recently get my first ever gym membership. It's a feeling that is going to keep me grinding to improve myself and my game the best I can for this event.

I've been around the forum for the previous two Morgan Cups, and while each has always outdone their predecessor, this one is going to change everything. The event wouldn't be where it is now without the last three Morgan Cups, but this year's...well...#FranchiseRewritten. It's going to be an amazing ride.

Good for you Nate and getting in top shape will pay huge dividends come July :clapp:. Now all this cold weather needs to stop so you can get to the gym :beat-up:

Look at you picking up the fitness !! Great news for Team Cleveland!!

Uneducated is a better word. You'll have a tour rep for a reason. Absolutely anything equipment related should be confirmed or discussed with them, and you'll have little nervousness when it comes time to take the headcover off.

The golf part? Well, no. Proper preparation will get you through 51 holes of golf during Morgan Cup weekend. Competitive golf can be recreated quite easily locally, and those who don't bother to get involved prior to the Cup stick out like a sore thumb. I can't help you with the other three holes. Just accept that when 50 people are watching you tee off, you hold the pose no matter what happens and smile about how fortunate you are. The nerves will be there, unless you're a zombie.

Back