3: Callaway X Forged
4: Adams CMB
5: TM RocketBladez Tour

Adams CMB
Callaway X Forged
Cobra Amp Cell Pro
Mizuno EZ Forged
Wilson Staff FG Tour V2

Tough call for me as 2013 was the first year I started really experimenting with golf equipment. Anyway, here it goes:

1) mizuno jpx 825 - first set I bought this year and they have treated me well. Great look and feel for a cast iron.

2) Cleveland 588 altitudes - I gamed these for a couple months and they were loads of fun. Easy to hit!

3) Adams cmb - I love the look of these irons...so much so that I bought a used set (one can dream right) with the hopes of one day playing them. The feel and great and the classic looks just fits my eye. I currently use these to practice and it's definitely improved my ball striking.

4) TM speedblades - I haven't hit these much, but with all the love here I felt like that made big strides for TM GI irons. I can't wait to see where the technology takes them.

5) Amp cell - I love the color options cobra introduced across the board. I found these irons easy to hit and hit well.

1. SpeedBlades. This was a tough choice for me, but the ease of hitting the mid irons that actually had a nice profile was something I enjoyed. They are forgiving, long and give me manageable misses.

2. Mizuno JPX 825. Personally, this set allowed me to regain confidence in hitting irons. I'd say these are very long and get the ball up in the air quickly. I also found them versatile, able to hit them out of rough or from any lie without changing too much of my stance.

3. Ping Anser. It's a shame the price of these has made this set peripheral for many. They're a lot more forgiving than I initially thought, but the thing that sticks out for me is the distance consistency and gapping.

4. Cleveland Altitude: I've had my ups and downs with these, but the bottom line is I had the 3 - 5 and hit them beautifully, at times. Someone of my skill level being able to hit the bottom clubs of an iron set with ease says a lot. The few number of times I hit 6 and above ended very well. I just wish I spent the time to get fit into the right shaft, flex and lie for these. And because of the flight and feel of these, I'm still mulling it over.

5. TE XCGVI: TE is often overlooked and more known for its woods and hybrids, but these irons went a mile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since I didn't dabble with too many clubs last year I have only two.

1. TM Rocketbladez
2. Cleveland Altitudes
Bridgestone J40's with all the talk about these bad boys are good for an honorable mention w/o even trying.

I really didn't hit very many irons in 2013, and my J40's are not a 2013 club so my list is short but sweet.

1) Cleveland TT/MT Combo - This set was designed and sold to be easy to make a combo set of and I loved every one of these I swung. The ball flight was nice and high and it was tough to miss-hit these. I was soooo close to ordering these up.
2) XHot Pro - These beauties were a nice mix of GI and Players irons and packed a ton of distance into a smallish head.

I haven't hit a single 2013 iron since I got my i20s around Xmas last year and loved them. But here's my list mostly based on feedback here.

1. Cleveland altitudes
2. Ping g25
3. TM speedbladez
4. Ping s55
5. Amp cell / xhot (tie)

1. VR Pro Combo
2. 714 AP2
3. X Hot Pro
4. 714 MB
5. RocketBladez Tour

I only tried three so that is all I can wage in on . It would be

1. X-Hot
2. X-Hot Pro
3. Rocketbladez

Here is my list off of what I hit this year

1. Cleveland Altitudes - Just stupid easy to hit, get over how ugly they are and hit them...it's fun!

2. TM Speedbladez - Very forgiving and silly long

3. Callaway XHot Pro's - Just a great all around iron...could easily game these

4. Cobra Amp Cell - Another great all around set

5. Ping G25's - haven't spent alot of time with them...but just a really smooth action

1. Amp Cell-love everything about these clubs.
2. X-Hot
3. G25
4. JPX 825
5. FG Tour V2

Looking at everyone's lists, I realize that I didn't hit nearly enough irons in 2013. I don't think I have enough to make a top 5.

SpeedBlade
588 TT
714 AP1 - not sure if this counts, but released in 2013
Amp Cell
X-Hot Pro

1. Callaway X Forged- Such a great looking iron that actually packed a good bit of forgiveness for such a small package. I was nervous about being able to consistently game these but while I've had them in the bag my handicap has continued to drop. Great set of irons!

2. Cobra Amp Cell- Love the look, super long and ridiculously easy to hit!

3. Callaway Xhot Pros- I almost kept thinking I hit these too long when I was trying to narrow down my MC irons between these and the X Forged. I mean I hit the ball so with these irons! Ultimately the smaller X Forged won my heart but I could have gamed these forever and been happy.

4. Ping S55- I'm a sucker for the look and the performance backed them up big time!

5. TaylorMade Speedblade- It's splitting hairs at this point, these easily could have been as high as #3 but they wound up here mainly because of a lack of time with them. Great look and super long and easy to hit though!

Ohhh, I like this one... Tough call here for me to say my top iron choice, but I will sure as hell try...

1. Cleveland MT/TT iron combo sets - Performers and just flat out fit my game so so well.
2. TaylorMade SpeedBlade - Long, straight, and an overall solid iron offering.
3. Amp Cell - Just stupid easy to hit and the looks dont hurt anything, right?
4. Callaway X-Forged - with as sleek and small as they were, I found them incredibly easy to hit and the short irons for me were stupidly accurate.
5. Cleveland Altitude- While I had a love/hate relationship with them, you cant deny what these irons did for soooo many.

I'm still in awe at my Nike Vrs Forged irons and my Adams CMB's and really never felt the urge to change out. I find looking at a lot of the new stuff that if those two were to have children, they would look like a lot of the new stuff out there visually and in my mind only.

1. Adams CMB's: Once I took a look at them and took a swing, I had a set built with Pxi's on the spot. The overall lines and just looking at them in the bag make me smile. They are very forgiving and yet let you know how much work needs to be done.

2. Cobra ACP's: They just flowed well with my gamers and automatically gave me a sense of familiarity swinging them. Smooth overall impression and just suits my eye.

3. Cleveland Altitudes: My goodness those things are ugly across the board, but man are they easy to hit. Never really gamed a set, but Jman let me take one swing in Branson and I was a believer and had a big smile. He picked the club based off my CMB's and handed it to me on a longer par three...GIR! and much better result than my gamers. Milehighgolfer also let me use his long irons a couple times and those were just as fun.

4. Mizuno MP64: Again, these are some sleek looking sticks to me and they were fun to game. Not as forgiving as the others I hit, but really fun and helped me learn a few more things that I need help with.

With putting something short together to respond, I realize I didn't give a lot of the new stuff a chance. I did hit quite a bit of it in stores and a great number of OEM's had some great stuff, but nothing really stood out besides these.

I didn't get to experiment too much this year. Of what I did hit, based on how they felt and seemed to perform for me on a monitor I' can give a top 3.

1. X-Hot Pro - just dang, loved these. felt good, so long and so consistent.
2. Cleveland MT - wished I would have been able to try these more, they felt nice and I seemed to hit them well.
3. Amp Cell - I was really surprised on these. Didn't think I'd like them as much as I did. Another I wished I could have hit more.

1. Ping i20
2. Bridgestone DPC
3. Bridgestone J40 Cavity Back
4. TaylorMade Rocketblades
5. Callaway X Forged

I was a little late to the party at tinkering with irons this year, so I'll see if I can get to 5:
1. TaylorMade SpeedBlade
- rescued my confidence in iron play, are stupid easy to launch, and balls struck by them from me just want to be all over the pin.
2. Callaway Apex - based mostly on looks, feedback and comparison/reference to the Diablo Forged...the set I still regret not buying. I did hit the 6 iron once, and LOVED it.
3. Adams CMB - I'm not even sure these are a 2013 model, but I was actually fit into these irons early in the spring, but decided to spend the coin elsewhere instead of irons. Thought they were easier to hit than they looked, and liked the feedback across the face.
4. Ping S55 - I only took 2 swipes with ddec's, but they are just incredible looking, and for the 3 iron I flushed, incredible feeling.
5. 588 MT/TT - I've never swung these, or even seen them in person, but they are all I've thought about since Sunday (pinch me please).

1. Cobra Amp Cell: total package; looks, feel, playability
  2. Wilson FG Tour V2: I gamed them and it became a ritual of cajoling playing partners into hitting them and then watching their jaws drop
  3. PING i20: a carryover from '12 but IMO still in the top 5 of all irons easily
  4. Bridgestone J40 DPC: still holding strong in the top 5 with classic looks, ridiculous forgiveness and excellent feel
  5. Mizuno JPX 825-Pro: Near universal feedback that this took a massive leap forward from the previous gen and in doing so became the ultimate iron for many

For 2013 releases.

1) 714 AP2
2) Apex
3) MP4
4) G25
5) EZ Forged

1) Cleveland Altitudes
2) TM Speedblades
3) TM Rocketbladez Tour
4) Callaway X Hot Pros
5) Cobra Amp Cell

1 titleist 714 AP2
2 Callaway x hot pro
3 taylormade rocketbladez
4 ping I20
didnt hit anything else

1. Apex
2. Mp54
3. Xforged
4. Mp4 (these would be 1 if I wasnt a hack lol)
5. 714 ap2

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Back