The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll be just fine Seth. Sucks though that you have to leave firms but I'm sure you'll find a good one and be busy sooner than later.

If you advertise anything on a billboard or a bus stop bench though..

Congrats bud!!!

KG

Just Tapping Away

Congrats and good luck Seth! Doing work that is more meaningful for your soul is a definite HHJJ.

Go get-em TigerATLSeth75@theClive. Huge step to take but it sounds like it will be the right choice. Happy to hear dude.

I have an interesting HHJJ post (at least for me it's interesting), and also a little bit of an announcement.

I have decided to change law firms and to also change practice areas. For the last 8-9 years, I have focused primarily on serious injury and death cases from the defense side of things. Starting Monday, I will be representing the plaintiffs in these cases.

It is an interesting philosophical shift for me. When you first start practicing in this area, you think that the "bad" guys are the ones representing the plaintiffs. After a while, though, you start to realize that representing the defendants in injury/death cases really means representing the insurance and corporate risk management industry. That's okay -- there are a lot of really great people that work in that industry. But, it made me realize that this type of work can be much more fulfilling when you're representing the person who has been injured.

It is an exciting (and a little scary) change for me. It's essentially the same law, but my practice will change considerably. With a little luck, the move will also be considerably more profitable, although I have learned that money is not everything (and not really close to the most important thing).

I informed my partners on Monday, and I'm telling the rest of my current firm today. It's sad, because I have been at this firm for more than eight years, and they have become a family to me. But, I cannot stay at this firm and do the type of work that I want to do. It is the nature of the industry.

We'll see what happens. Hopefully, this will be as good of a move as I think it will be.

Good luck Seth.

Congrats and best of luck Seth!

You can be like Danny Devito in the Rain Maker.

Good luck Seth. You'll do a hell of a job.

You'll be just fine Seth. Sucks though that you have to leave firms but I'm sure you'll find a good one and be busy sooner than later.

If you advertise anything on a billboard or a bus stop bench though..

Good luck Seth! Know this will be a good change for you...

I'm with Ward, don't want to see ads like this though...

Been injured in a car accident....Diamond is your best friend. :)

You can be like Danny Devito in the Rain Maker.

I read that wrong and thought you mentioned Rain Man

HHJJ for me today, I am actually getting out to play a round of golf today. It has been a very busy, and hectic last couple of weeks. And I leave out of the country for work for 2 weeks on Monday so this may be my only day to play for a couple of weeks. And to top it off, I'm playing with my fellow THP'ers, Trout, Vman, and the Panda.

That's a great foursome! Play well gents!

You meant Matt Damon, right?

(right?)

Well he did pass the bar, but you cant have the brains and the good looks dude. Ive met lawyers and they just dont fall into both categories...haha

I have an interesting HHJJ post (at least for me it's interesting), and also a little bit of an announcement.

I have decided to change law firms and to also change practice areas. For the last 8-9 years, I have focused primarily on serious injury and death cases from the defense side of things. Starting Monday, I will be representing the plaintiffs in these cases.

It is an interesting philosophical shift for me. When you first start practicing in this area, you think that the "bad" guys are the ones representing the plaintiffs. After a while, though, you start to realize that representing the defendants in injury/death cases really means representing the insurance and corporate risk management industry. That's okay -- there are a lot of really great people that work in that industry. But, it made me realize that this type of work can be much more fulfilling when you're representing the person who has been injured.

It is an exciting (and a little scary) change for me. It's essentially the same law, but my practice will change considerably. With a little luck, the move will also be considerably more profitable, although I have learned that money is not everything (and not really close to the most important thing).

I informed my partners on Monday, and I'm telling the rest of my current firm today. It's sad, because I have been at this firm for more than eight years, and they have become a family to me. But, I cannot stay at this firm and do the type of work that I want to do. It is the nature of the industry.

We'll see what happens. Hopefully, this will be as good of a move as I think it will be.

One call that's all! Best of luck with your new position :thumb:

Congrats Seth! Wish nothing but the best for you buddy!

HHJJ for me today, I am actually getting out to play a round of golf today. It has been a very busy, and hectic last couple of weeks. And I leave out of the country for work for 2 weeks on Monday so this may be my only day to play for a couple of weeks. And to top it off, I'm playing with my fellow THP'ers, Trout, Vman, and the Panda.

Looking forward to it buddy, I'm heading over there now to get a little range time in, see you guys soon.

Seth, you're going to be awesome no matter which side you're on buddy, congrats on the move.

Congrats on the change Seth, much different indeed being on the other side - wishing you the best!

Previous life me would not be happy with this change for you.

New life me, says, Good luck brother!

Congrats and good luck, Law.
I guess now at least you'll know all the tricks to look for from the other side.

My HHJJ is weather. From the -40c's a week or two ago, it is presently a summer-like 4 degrees celsius here.

Snow melting, sunshine, general happiness abounds here.

Just got my boy back from surgery. He is a little out of it but everything went well. Glad he is home.

2ybyve4a.jpg

Just got my boy back from surgery. He is a little out of it but everything went well. Glad he is home.

2ybyve4a.jpg

Great news! Your little buddy will be back on his feet with tail wagging tomorrow :thumb:

Great news! Your little buddy will be back on his feet with tail wagging tomorrow :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words OG. With him being my first dog maybe I was a little over the top nervous.

Glad to see everything went well Tim!

Just arrived! Grabbed the nearest sharp object to tear into the box!

e5ada8ag.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back