The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

No fear.

One fear that I might have is not to make it on time to the second round first tee on Saturday. I had to literally run last year, without lunch, just from green to tee ASAP.

Your Captain will solve that issue.

I suppose my biggest fear is letting my team down in a big moment... But that all comes down to preparation, preparation, preparation.

That first tee shot...that feeling...is something I will have never felt before.

It's exhilarating! There will be 60+ people (probably closer to 80) hoping you stripe one! Never mind the thousands who will watch it hoping the same thing. All those people pulling for you. Nothing like it.

No fear.

One fear that I might have is not to make it on time to the second round first tee on Saturday. I had to literally run last year, without lunch, just from green to tee ASAP.
Wow, your captain must have been a real slacker last year.

Guys lets please remember the PM and try to keep a semi serious tone. There are thousands of people coming to read this thread for the 1st time and they just do not understand the regular banter and jokes. There are spots for it on the forum.

If one wants to discuss the event, thats great, but please remember the PM. The goal is to be inclusive not exclusive and all this talk about fears before a big event, I bet there are hundreds of other forum members that would be chiming in if it was not the Morgan Cup thread.

awful feeling. I remember walking off the green at 17 and looking the guys from our team and I just simply said "I'm sorry guys, I really thought it would be our day."

I would follow you into battle again anyday buddy!

My biggest fear is missing a big or match changing shot on camera. I blew one last year late on Sunday and still feel bad about it. But the way that everyone plays and warms up to the camera makes my job pretty freaking easy. And its a lot fun...I mean a LOT fun to be a camera guy.

Seriously. You guys didn't witness him lying on the floor for HOURS treating his back in the villa. It was amazing to watch. They guy could barely stand up and still gutted out 3 rounds of golf in two days. Seriously- it was something to watch. I was proud to witness it.
Hooked up to all kinds of electrodes!
Here is his heating station:

Even more impressive: you didn't hear him complain about it at all. That guy is awesome, so thrilled I got to be on his team last year.
Not one bit, and I lived with him in the villa, that dude was a champ.

No fears. I've played in a couple events like this and know I am capable of doing well.

Lots of pressure this time around captaining that I didn't feel as a player though. It's a different ball game when you have to look at 7 guys after the event is over and you lost. I felt pretty rotten about that after the Grandaddy.

It's not suffocating me though :) Just motivation.

It will be interesting seeing your expression from the other side of the fence.

(You were great in California)

Thanks big guy. You know I appreciate hearing that.

Thanks big guy. You know I appreciate hearing that.

At least you have the speech down when you have to give it again come July. I'll even feel a bit guilty that it will be due to Team Hackers.

LOL. I love a good speech.

My biggest fear before the event was that I was going to let my team down, or my teammate in our matches, both of my teammates, Nate and Jeff kept telling me to shut up when I said I was sorry, that fear went out the window quick!

You just have to prepare yourself the best you can, play your best golf, trust me, you will! And leave it all out there on the course.

My biggest fear before the event was that I was going to let my team down, or my teammate in our matches, both of my teammates, Nate and Jeff kept telling me to shut up when I said I was sorry, that fear went out the window quick!

You just have to prepare yourself the best you can, play your best golf, trust me, you will! And leave it all out there on the course.

My captain told me he would probably slap me if I said im sorry after a bad shot! The fear of bad performance is a drivimg factor in my prep!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

My captain told me he would probably slap me if I said im sorry after a bad shot! The fear of bad performance is a drivimg factor in my prep!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

My fear motivated me to play the best golf of my life. Embrace and redirect that energy into each and every shot.

I got a PM from someone recently with some great questions about what to post in this thread and what not to. Here is my response. Why post in this thread? As this thread grows, very few non participants will ever step foot in here. We will never keep someone from posting in here, just kindly remind them about the original PM and including the entire forum.

Its a learning curve with the new MC and it will take time, but I know all 40 will grasp this quickly and it is going to be the greatest journey of them all. I will give you an example. A wonderful question posed today about nerves and what would make you nervous. Instead of posting that question in this thread, start a new thread and replace Morgan Cup, with huge tournament and this way it includes the entire community.

If you ever have a question, that is what your tour rep is for. Again, we are not telling people not to post in this thread, just remember that this thread makes the event a bit exclusive due to its size and nature, rather than inclusive.

Thanks for listening and we are always here to answer questions.

Thanks for throwing that out there JB. It's easy for us to use this as a catch all for all things Morgan Cup, but that doesn't do a ton of good for people that don't want to read through 100's of pages of *random* but *quality* discussion.

Getting that dialogue into the appropriate threads helps everyone involved.

I must do a better job of this as well, thanks for the reminder!

Thanks for throwing that out there JB. It's easy for us to use this as a catch all for all things Morgan Cup, but that doesn't do a ton of good for people that don't want to read through 100's of pages of *random* but *quality* discussion.

Getting that dialogue into the appropriate threads helps everyone involved.

I must do a better job of this as well, thanks for the reminder!

You just said what I was trying to in 3-4 sentences way better than I could.
There is no need for 200 Morgan Cup threads. It should be about forum conversation and golf conversation. The rest will always work out and then this thread can be served for actual info needed.

The conversation in here has been quite good, but sadly most people on THP will never see it.

You just said what I was trying to in 3-4 sentences way better than I could.
There is no need for 200 Morgan Cup threads. It should be about forum conversation and golf conversation. The rest will always work out and then this thread can be served for actual info needed.

The conversation in here has been quite good, but sadly most people on THP will never see it.

I'm seeing it and enjoying it. I don't feel excluded at all. If others feel it is too much insider talk, then they can not tune in until the actual MC action threads start.

I'm seeing it and enjoying it. I don't feel excluded at all. If others feel it is too much insider talk, then they can not tune in until the actual MC action threads start.

It's not all about the action buddy. It's about a whole lot more. Despite the fact that their are 40 participants, the Morgan Cup is an event that should include and encompass everything THP is about. We want everyone included and feeling like they have input in the event and even if they aren't in it or volunteering they still are part of it. Sorry if the doesn't make sense and am a bit out of sorts tonight.

It's not all about the action buddy. It's about a whole lot more. Despite the fact that their are 40 participants, the Morgan Cup is an event that should include and encompass everything THP is about. We want everyone included and feeling like they have input in the event and even if they aren't in it or volunteering they still are part of the even. Sorry if the doesn't make sense.

You nailed it buddy. I know from being on the outside for the past 2 Morgan Cups, it can get a bit much to read all of the banter and general talk in this thread.

Like JB said, it's much easier to include everyone when everyone is posting in other threads or creating thread related to the. MC but can be a conversation for all to enjoy.

What MC conversation can occur in the MC thread? Legit question

I got a PM from someone recently with some great questions about what to post in this thread and what not to. Here is my response. Why post in this thread? As this thread grows, very few non participants will ever step foot in here. We will never keep someone from posting in here, just kindly remind them about the original PM and including the entire forum.

Its a learning curve with the new MC and it will take time, but I know all 40 will grasp this quickly and it is going to be the greatest journey of them all. I will give you an example. A wonderful question posed today about nerves and what would make you nervous. Instead of posting that question in this thread, start a new thread and replace Morgan Cup, with huge tournament and this way it includes the entire community.

If you ever have a question, that is what your tour rep is for. Again, we are not telling people not to post in this thread, just remember that this thread makes the event a bit exclusive due to its size and nature, rather than inclusive.

Thanks for listening and we are always here to answer questions.

See above.
The question is, what question has to be in here?
With the way this one is set up, there really should not be too many topics that need to be exclusive.
Participants should spend more time being a part of the community as a whole. Starting new threads when one is needed and including everybody, rather than dealing with MC topics, when nobody knows anything about the actual event yet (since we have not announced anything at all).

Announcements maybe? (Hey guys expect a thread coming up about such and such next week)

Back