Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
Hey THP. I wanted to make this announcement myself because I feel like I want to make sure I get some things said that I really want to have you all hear straight from me.

Today I talked to JB and I am no longer going to be an Equipment Tester. I swear I cannot believe I'm saying that right now. It's no secret that my forum participation has been lacking for a while now. For that I am sorry. To be an equipment tester for THP was seriously one of the coolest things about me. The fact is that I feel that the time is just right for me to step aside and let someone else experience what I've been so lucky to have gotten to do. I loved telling people about THP and our community and the things I do around here. To be a part of the staff of the fastest growing, most informative golf website on the planet is something that I will alwyas take great pride in.

It was almost 5 years ago that I reached out to JB and GG asking them if I could join their staff. Looking back now I wonder who the hell I thought I was to have such balls to just say hey, can I be an equipment tester? I was shocked to hear back that they'd take me! From that point on I would develop a great friendship with Josh and Morgan, one that I truly cherish and I hope and believe we'll be friends for a long time to come. My time at THP has involved countless memories and the chance to meet so many great people. If not for THP I wouldn't have hundreds of so many close friends. Friends that I know I'll have for a lifetime.

One thing I want to be sure I point out. The decision to step down was mine and it was one that Josh and I spoke openly about this morning. There are zero hard feelings and nothing but a mutual respect and friendship. Thanks for that Josh, it means more to me than I can even tell you.

Now....please realize that this is not a funeral and it's not a goodbye of any kind. I'm still going to be around and as active as I possibly can be on THP. I cannot wait to see everyone in Dallas here in a few short weeks and I cannot wait to see who is brought in to fill my shoes as an equipment tester!

Thanks for the experience THP, it has been an amazing 5 years!

Jake,
Way to be classy about this, shows the kind of person you are. Looking forward to seeing you at some point in 2014!

Thank you for all of your time, dedication and hard work as a member of staff.

This was a tremendous conversation between P4B and myself and one that I did not see coming honestly. He is a brother and a friend that will be missed from the staff stand point, but outside of that he will always be a member of our family. We have shared the highs and the lows, and the one thing that stands out is that Jake has done everything with pure class.

The memories will always be there.
The laughs will always be there.
And most of all, my friend will always be there.

Today I celebrate as a member of JakeNation and hope you tip your glass and say "thank you" for one of the true greats.

You have done a tremendous job Jake. Thanks for all the effort you have put forth to help make this place great.

Glad you made this post Jake. Speaks to the type of person you really are.

I've enjoyed all your reviews Jake. The way this was handled shows the kind of person you are. Hopefully I get a chance to meet you someday.

I can only imagine the time commitment that goes into all of the club testing.

Thanks for all of your hard work !

Thanks Jake for you hard work over the past years

Headbutts for everybody!

Thank YOU for all of the wonderful work you've done for THP, Jake! You've been an integral part of the growth and popularity of this site, and I can't wait to meet you in Myrtle!

Jake, you are the man. On one hand, I'm sorry to hear that your time on THP has felt limited lately but on the other, I'm sure that only means great things in your personal life with your family.

Cannot wait for our paths to cross again my friend. You are always larger than life in person and I dig that.

Jake you have done an amazing job and whoever the next lucky equipment tester is will have big shoes to fill. Still a member of p4bnation!!

Going to miss your reviews Jake. Thanks for all the work over the years.

Sorry to hear that Jake. You did a fantastic job IMO, and I always enjoyed reading your reviews. Geez. I wish I was five years or so younger. I'd volunteer for the job.

See you in Dallas.

Really glad you're going to be sticking around Jake. Though, really going to miss your reviews. You were a solid part of the THP staff that just brings it each and every review. Your effort and time put into THP should never go unnoticed.

Announcement

Jake, great post. I bet it takes a ton of courage to know when the time is right, but sounds like it was necessary. Seriously, I wouldn't even be a member here and know and cherish te people I do if it was for the fact that there was another person dumb enough to pick golf as a hobby in a climate where the season is 4 months long.

Prepare to get murdered, TWICE in Tx though.

I haven't met you yet Jake (that'll change in Dallas), but I have heard nothing but the best from everyone. This just furthers those words and it's sad to know that I won't be reading your reviews any longer. You are pure class man and I hope you pass the torch to someone ready to fill some pretty big shoes.

Jake you have a done a great job on everything you have done sir. I have learned alot and have made decision on my golf game because of you. Thank you for everything you have done for me and THP Jake!!

Jake, we'll miss you terribly here behind the scenes. In a big, big way. So many great memories I have are directly because of you buddy. Thanks for all that you've done and I can't wait till we can tip back the next cold one together.

Jake,
your write ups have been amazing to read. You have helped me make more than one purchase along the way. Thanks for all your time and effort my man. I can't wait to see you again buddy!

Jake you are the man. What a classy classy post. Look forward to seeing you again soon

Jake I don't know you but I know that being on the THP staff would be an awesome honor so the fact you are willing to step down like this is pure class. It shows that the job is not one to take lightly and that it is a huge responsibility with many people relying on your 100% effort.

Hopefully this means some awesome stuff is going on outside THP for you and I again applaud your handling of this.

Thanks for all of your hard work Jake. I often marvel at the quality and quantity of review work done here on THP, and you were a big part of that.

Jake-

I've never had the pleasure of meeting you, but just by the amount of positive responses on this site that is a shame. I've enjoyed your write ups & look forward to hanging out in Dallas.

Announcement

Will miss your reviews Jake, but know you'll still be around and such. Hopefully things turn around and you'll be able to spend more time on here sooner than later

Last edited:
Jake, you're my family, I love ya brother. This was a classy thing to put out there like this for all to see. I would expect nothing less from you though.

Jake-effing-Nation.

Back