The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Any truth to the rumor that the second dinner was added because Callaway requested Breakfast sliders for dinner?

It's been far too long for this thread to not get some attention. Heading to a demo day today to hit some clubs to get some ideas on where I want to go for July.

Just watched on Thursday the 2013 coverage...a serious boost of awesome!

The 2013 MC coverage has been a nightly theme this past week. Going to try and convince the wife to watch some of it tonight. I am thinking Round 3!

Just watched on Thursday the 2013 coverage...a serious boost of awesome!

The 2013 MC coverage has been a nightly theme this past week. Going to try and convince the wife to watch some of it tonight. I am thinking Round 3!

It's great to go back and re-watch some of the coverage from last year, even if it's only for 20-30 minutes at a time. I like to do it often. I know the courses a little bit, so it's fun to just jump into the coverage and try to figure out what hole they're playing and how they are trying to play it.

I watch these rounds fairly often. Being new to the entire mc event I feel its good to watch.
Watching it for a little course preview and fedback from the players.
Its also a chance for me to try and get an understanding of how some thp'er put everything in the right place to have Jb and Gg decide not to let it be the last. Granted I won my spo this year, but without the great play and remarkable effort from those thp'ers I wouldnt have had a spot to compete for..

I have watched the 2013 coverage so many times. Still get jitters when I watch guys tee off and imagine my name being called

I have watched the 2013 coverage so many times. Still get jitters when I watch guys tee off and imagine my name being called

It's gonna be a very proud moment. All the work we put in comes to fruition at that point.

Announcement

Format Change!
Just like last year, THP is mixing it up this year again. The 1st round of competition (Saturday Morning) will have two separate formats in which the teams and match stay the same, but the format changes at the turn.

Announcement

Format Change!
Just like last year, THP is mixing it up this year again. The 1st round of competition (Saturday Morning) will have two separate formats in which the teams and match stay the same, but the format changes at the turn.

Ohhhh man that's going to shake things up a bit! Looking forward to hearing about the changes.

That's pretty darn cool. I'm hoping you guys get to experience the Pinehurst format.

Announcement

Format Change!
Is it safe to assume we are talking scramble/alt shot or scramble/best ball or best ball/alt shot? I am phishing big time.

Either way what ever the exact formats, I like the change. What ever it is, teams will have adjust their thinking

Is it safe to assume we are talking scramble/alt shot or scramble/best ball or best ball/alt shot? I am phishing big time.

Either way what ever the exact formats, I like the change. What ever it is, teams will have adjust their thinking

We are not ready to announce the specific formats at this time.

Switching it up after 9....interesting. ....so many possibilities

Format change, very interesting indeed! I kinda like that Saturday morning won't be all scramble.

Maybe scramble to get folks loose on the front 9 (AKA first tee :) ) and then something else on the back (best ball)? Then alt shot in the afternoon?

I know I won't get answers...just mindless rambling but I'm excited to see and prepare for the change!

Oh man, that change makes things interesting. Another variable to throw in the equation when formulating teams

Announcement

Format Change!

I love love love love this. Time to display our vast array of game in EVERY FORMAT we can!!

I was a big fan of the change. It'll focus more on an all around solid game opposed to just paired well with player A in the first format, player B in the second. It'll be really fun to put it into action.

I was a big fan of the change. It'll focus more on an all around solid game opposed to just paired well with player A in the first format, player B in the second. It'll be really fun to put it into action.

Exactly. Also, makes pairings even more important.

Sounds exciting, I look forward to hearing more of the details as they are revealed.

Changing formats at the turn will require perhaps a little change in strategy, but it should really be fun. We do that in our club's Member/Member tournament, but it isn't match play. That definitely adds a little challenge as well.

So many twists and turns of greatness. Never a dull moment. Talk about tale of two nines...

Definitely puts some more pressure on the captains to find a
Combo that works for both formats..... I love the thought of a change at the turn . Gives a good chance for a comeback or keep a close match even closer

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Back