The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

First round formats:

Worst ball?
Bingo Bango Bongo?

Shamble would be fun!

Let's not get carried away :laughing:. I even hated that format in TW games. I'm not one to make recommendations, but I'm sure whatever formats that are announced will be awesome for you guys to play.

Spring is in the air now and I am starting to get a little more pumped for the big day/weekend. I went into last years MC totally prepared and trusted my game through and through. It was an awesome feeling to have standing on the 1st tee each day knowing I could count on my game no matter what the course threw at me.

On another note, just wanted to remind you guys that our sponsors and reps are on Facebook and Twitter. There has been a ton of Callaway Golf on the site lately (and for good reason) and it's easy to get lost in it and forget about our OEM's. Follow along with them on the social media outlets and interact with them! Send them a tweet from time to time about something.....anything. Participate in other MC'ers tweets to their OEM's. I don't want it to feel forced but you guys will most likely never have this opportunity again to be a Cleveland/TaylorMade/Callaway/Bridgestone/Cobra staffer. Enjoy it! Correspond with the reps out there about equipment, golf balls or just off topic subjects that appear. I know everyone could do a better "job" at it. It doesn't take long to do and it continues to spread the news to others about this wonderful event.

Anyways, hope everyone's game is progressing and looking forward to more Morgan Cup news soon!

Great post Nate and couldn't be said better. There has been a lot of hype on the forums related to Callaway and it's been good. However like you said there are four other OEM's supporting the MC, who deserve some added attention.

Thanks for bumping it!!!

Spring is in the air now and I am starting to get a little more pumped for the big day/weekend. I went into last years MC totally prepared and trusted my game through and through. It was an awesome feeling to have standing on the 1st tee each day knowing I could count on my game no matter what the course threw at me.

On another note, just wanted to remind you guys that our sponsors and reps are on Facebook and Twitter. There has been a ton of Callaway Golf on the site lately (and for good reason) and it's easy to get lost in it and forget about our OEM's. Follow along with them on the social media outlets and interact with them! Send them a tweet from time to time about something.....anything. Participate in other MC'ers tweets to their OEM's. I don't want it to feel forced but you guys will most likely never have this opportunity again to be a Cleveland/TaylorMade/Callaway/Bridgestone/Cobra staffer. Enjoy it! Correspond with the reps out there about equipment, golf balls or just off topic subjects that appear. I know everyone could do a better "job" at it. It doesn't take long to do and it continues to spread the news to others about this wonderful event.

Anyways, hope everyone's game is progressing and looking forward to more Morgan Cup news soon!

Well said Nate. Your right it does not take long to interact with the OEM's on social media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said Nate, let's not forget Instagram!!

I agree with you there Nate. And I always like to put a shout out to @clevelandGolf, @srixongolf and @alexDepallo. Always great to see them favorite your tweet or status and sometimes they comment back. It defiantly puts a smile on my face and makes me feel great that I got selected to represent them in the THPMC.

Participants,
We are watching as seasons change and weather permits golfers to work on accomplishing the goals they have set for themselves, their captains, their teams and of course this event. #THPMC can be anything you make it, but it should definitely be a commitment to getting better regardless of your skill level.

I have a challenge to each participant. When possible (weather), I want you to play a course that is unknown to you that might even have a few more hazards than you might be used to. I want you to then send a PM to your captain with your score. Your real score. No fudging, no "well it would have been this". Your actual golf score.

This is not to hinder you from any action or event, but to get a sense of where you might be. We are just a few months away from this event (give or take) and we want everybody playing their best golf. Life gets in the way, and we fully understand that, but we also know that this event is a bit different than most. We know that many times a handicap can usually have a few strokes added to it due to the pressure of a THP Event and we want to make sure that assistance is offered in the form of advice to each participant on how they can get where they need to be.

Its your job as a golfer however to reach out to your captain. To speak to them candidly. To want to help the team win and bring home the glory. As Tour Reps it is our job to make sure that each company is held in the proper light and we believe that EVERY person here can be playing their best golf when they arrive in Myrtle Beach. We have a chance collectively to have all 40 golfers playing their best golf...BUT YOU HAVE TO WANT IT!

If you are not self motivated, ask any person that is returning in this one that has been in one previously, how losing feels. Then find out what you have to personally do to not have that feeling. Skating by and "barely" making it are options...But poor ones at that.

I love this idea. Could be done multiple times to really work on it too. Can't wait to hear how the experiences at new courses goes for everyone.

Losing 100% sucks. Accountability is key.

There are so many resources for game improvement. I expect everyone to come to the Cup better than 18. thanks for posting that JB.

Getting a bit frustrated here with the weather as are most of the guys up north. May take a few rounds before I have a score I want to submit where I feel is a true indication where I am at. I have been practicing as much as possible with this crappy weather. Going to be a few weeks more for me because of the fractured finger. Getting really antsy.

This weekend at the Invitational was a great test to see where I stood for the MC. I have a lot of work on, but lots of positives to take away from the weekend as well. The Arthur Hill and RTJ courses were very different from what I usually play and I had to take a completely different approach than I usually do.

Love this idea. Team Dot Com, don't be surprised if I ask what happened on x hole out of curiosity. I'm just nosy :)

I like it.

Whenever the weather finally makes up it's mind, I'll get out on a newish course and give it a go. I'll be interested to see how I can score.

Winning>Losing

If you have a pulse and you watched the footage of last year's and saw the emotions involved you get a feel for what is coming down the pipeline.

But rest assured at the end of the day, like JB said YOU have to have the want and desire to improve and then have a plan in place to execute it.

Getting a bit frustrated here with the weather as are most of the guys up north. May take a few rounds before I have a score I want to submit where I feel is a true indication where I am at. I have been practicing as much as possible with this crappy weather. Going to be a few weeks more for me because of the fractured finger. Getting really antsy.

That was not the request. Submit the score. You are not being judged by it from the hosts, but it is a challenge that we hope most attempt regardless of where they are with their rust in their game.

I understand winter. I have lived in it for a portion of my life. Some people find a way to practice around it. Others do not. Im not saying one is right or wrong, but there are ways to hone abilities even with snow on the ground if one really wants to make that move.

I'll have a great chance at this score on Wednesday in FL. It'll be my first round since October, but it should give me a good idea of what to work on

I like it. I don't have a home course, and typically try to play a different course every weekend.

Will keep an eye out for a course I haven't played in a while and go get go work.

That was not the request. Submit the score. You are not being judged by it from the hosts, but it is a challenge that we hope most attempt regardless of where they are with their rust in their game.

I understand winter. I have lived in it for a portion of my life. Some people find a way to practice around it. Others do not. Im not saying one is right or wrong, but there are ways to hone abilities even with snow on the ground if one really wants to make that move.

Fair enough. Sadly still going to be a few weeks before I can swing a club full. Not exactly good timing for an injury but better than happening right before the event I suppose.

This is exciting to me. Can't wait to get out there and test myself a little.

Sounds like a great plan. Was trying to get my first score this weekend but the course was close and the lady told me to read the sign LOL.. Once the first course is open around here I am on it, Imagine it won't be great but hey if your perfect you have nothing to work towards. I'll git r done and can't wait to get on the courses around here. #JourneyToBetter

As soon as we get rid of this snow I will be all in for this challenge. Hopefully in a couple of weeks and I can get out there playing again. Taking lessons over the winter and getting on a simulator a couple of times a week has my golf swing feeling not so bad. Usually over the winter it feels like I need to learn how to hit a ball all over again.

I sent my Captain the score from when I played down in Texas with Nate a few weeks ago. Definitely a new course to me.

Playing different courses has always been part of my prep. Yes I have a home course where I play a lot of rounds at, but I do like to play a lot of the different courses in the area. As Hawk mention in his latest video, a big thing of my prep this year is to take on some of the NYSGA Tournaments. Stroke play competition on courses I have either never or rarely see from tee boxes I may not normally play. Going to be a blast.

I think this is a fantastic idea. Challenging yourself is an important part of this journey.

This will be fun. The weekend showed me that I am heading in the right direction due to some shots I hit under pressure and the glaring weaknesses are the things I haven't had the chance to really practice yet.

Ready to take on this challenge and see what happens

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

For those that played in a THP Event recently or are about to, just turn in that score. Its obviously a different course, most likely a bit harder and the pressure was there.

Looking forward to get in a round in over the next few days here in sunny California. There are many aspects of my game that need continued work.

Back