The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I will get a chance to play some tough new courses this weekend and I can't wait. Will be fun to see what kind of scores I can put up and see where my winter prep has me.

Once the snow melts I'll be all over this. In fact I have the course in mind...fairway bunkers galore and a double dogleg par 5. Haven't played it in quite some time.

Last edited:
I can vouch for Freddie's 77 at my course a few weeks ago. Yea, yea, I know................

:D

I like it.

Whenever the weather finally makes up it's mind, I'll get out on a newish course and give it a go. I'll be interested to see how I can score.
Judging by your score yesterday, you are just about there. Keep up the good work buddy.

This is a great opportunity to get some Morgan Cuppers and King players in on a common challenge. AtlGolfer, flog2424, and Vman, could all come to my golf course for a round and then I could go to one of their golf courses. Sound like a plan?

This is a great opportunity to get some Morgan Cuppers and King players in on a common challenge. AtlGolfer, flog2424, and Vman, could all come to my golf course for a round and then I could go to one of their golf courses. Sound like a plan?

I need to take you up on that plan before long myself.

I need to take you up on that plan before long myself.

Donne that would be great :thumb: Going to a new course and playing under the pressure that you have to report back your day is tough. Going to a new course with fellow THP'ers and reporting back accurately is no joke. It's like going to the Lion's den and saying, hey big guy, get ya some of this :bulgy-eyes:. Yep it should amp up the old nerves a bit and see where you stand on your prep work.

Love this idea!!!!! I am game

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Wish I lived around more of you guys. Shoot if you guys get a foursome you could go full bore and team up and play two on two match play.

Done, and done. I like the idea, not that I need any other motivation to improve, but I'm going to be leaning on my team for support and advice as I try to improve my game. So excited for golf this year.

This is something I told my team today but I think it could help everyone,

Some of you may have gotten a little uneasy after reading that post by Josh. The handicap part of this event is more serious than it has ever been, and hopefully the gravity of that post hit you.

Take that uneasy feeling and let it motivate you to be your best. Go out there and put in an extra hour at the range or an extra hour a week doing drills. Work your butt off, you will never have any regrets if you can honestly say to yourself you have worked as hard as you possibly could

As I was a high handicap guy last year, and my progress throughout last years MC was documented and praised (more than it probably needed to be), feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or apprehensions . I'm always here. (This goes for everyone!)

You're a good one B-rad.

Beautiful answer Brad. You were a stud last year.

Some of you may have gotten a little uneasy after reading that post by Josh. The handicap part of this event is more serious than it has ever been, and hopefully the gravity of that post hit you.

Take that uneasy feeling and let it motivate you to be your best. Go out there and put in an extra hour at the range or an extra hour a week doing drills. Work your butt off, you will never have any regrets if you can honestly say to yourself you have worked as hard as you possibly could

As I was a high handicap guy last year, and my progress throughout last years MC was documented and praised (more than it probably needed to be), feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or apprehensions . I'm always here. (This goes for everyone!)

Its no secret the transformation you went through. Its no secret that you used the journey as motivation. There are some that took it more seriously than others and this year by having something firmly in place, we hope everybody follows what you went through and decides to go that route.

Knowing the transformation you went through last year has inspired me to work even harder this year. I want to win the DCBrad award for most improved (not an actual award), and I know its not going to happen by accident. I'm encouraged by some of the things I saw in Dallas and discouraged by others, but will put in the work to get my game firing on all cylinders by July.
#DoWorkDotCom

Let me just say, and I know it wasn't meant by anyone's posts. Please don't put me on a pedestal for the improvement I went through last year. Was it a fun journey? Of course and I am having even more fun the second time around, but let me say this, the only thing that got me to improve was hard work, which means ANYONE can do it. I didn't drink a magical potion or have some special talent.

Hopefully it's not coming off as brash, I appreciate all of it. But it's just hard work, that's all it takes. Anyone can do it with the right mindset!

Have I mentioned I love this place lately?

Let me just say, and I know it wasn't meant by anyone's posts. Please don't put me on a pedestal for the improvement I went through last year. Was it a fun journey? Of course and I am having even more fun the second time around, but let me say this, the only thing that got me to improve was hard work, which means ANYONE can do it. I didn't drink a magical potion or have some special talent.

Hopefully it's not coming off as brash, I appreciate all of it. But it's just hard work, that's all it takes. Anyone can do it with the right mindset!

This is another good post. It was about motivation and choosing to take in the challenge of the journey.

Participants,
We are watching as seasons change and weather permits golfers to work on accomplishing the goals they have set for themselves, their captains, their teams and of course this event. #THPMC can be anything you make it, but it should definitely be a commitment to getting better regardless of your skill level.

I have a challenge to each participant. When possible (weather), I want you to play a course that is unknown to you that might even have a few more hazards than you might be used to. I want you to then send a PM to your captain with your score. Your real score. No fudging, no "well it would have been this". Your actual golf score.

This is not to hinder you from any action or event, but to get a sense of where you might be. We are just a few months away from this event (give or take) and we want everybody playing their best golf. Life gets in the way, and we fully understand that, but we also know that this event is a bit different than most. We know that many times a handicap can usually have a few strokes added to it due to the pressure of a THP Event and we want to make sure that assistance is offered in the form of advice to each participant on how they can get where they need to be.

Its your job as a golfer however to reach out to your captain. To speak to them candidly. To want to help the team win and bring home the glory. As Tour Reps it is our job to make sure that each company is held in the proper light and we believe that EVERY person here can be playing their best golf when they arrive in Myrtle Beach. We have a chance collectively to have all 40 golfers playing their best golf...BUT YOU HAVE TO WANT IT!

If you are not self motivated, ask any person that is returning in this one that has been in one previously, how losing feels. Then find out what you have to personally do to not have that feeling. Skating by and "barely" making it are options...But poor ones at that.

quoting for the afternoon/evening crowd

Brad - If you don't mind, I would like to add one thing to this similar to something I just said to my team.

Extra work is fantastic, but make sure that it is value added work in that you are working on something with an understanding of what you are trying to accomplish. Beating balls for three hours without a defined purpose does nothing but make your hand calloused and engrain bad motions. There are amazing people in this Morgan Cup, on THP in general, or certainly local teaching professionals that are available for questions, but you each have to reach out to them. It is not too late to get that improvement underway, but we're just over four months out, so the time to get started is ending quickly.

I am the embodiment of that individual who would search for equipment solutions to mechanical problems, or at least enjoyed the equipment side enough that I didn't care that I wasn't improving. I have put a plan in play that is changing that attitude because this journey demands better, my teammates and opponents deserve better, and I want to end this with no personal regrets.

I think that's a great idea! I'd be glad to host a get together at my home course. It's a bit of a drive for some, but I think y'all would love the course, and find it challenging. It's a given, Bill, that I'll be over to tee it up with you on Lane Creek soon.

I guess this really sort of epitomizes the journey to the Morgan Cup in my mind. Brad, through hard work and goal inspired motivation, made giant strides and people recognized it for what it was.... A HUGE accomplishment. I shared with my group recently that this journey has been EVERYTHING and more than people said it would be and we still have a long way to go. Deciding to be great is the first step...............

Good luck everyone!

JM

For those that played in a THP Event recently or are about to, just turn in that score. Its obviously a different course, most likely a bit harder and the pressure was there.

Yes, indeed. The Arthur Hills course, venue for the first invitational, definitely meets all the criteria. LOL.

As this is my first morgan cup and first 6 months as a member, I can not direct my next comment specifically to the mc.

I can however speak from experience in a large number of competitive activities in varies sports.

I truly believe that the less "experienced" or in this can the higher handicaps have a better motivation. Not trying to ruffle feathers but I can remember many times when I HAD to work for for somwthing. Being the person that many didnt think would improve to the level needed.

The players that have a slightly lower handicap have a cushion. Some wont use it and will work but some may also rely on their current game to get them by.

The ones that are working their tail off to improve are truly the ones I worry about. Because the right motivation and determination csn do amazing things.

I think that's a great idea! I'd be glad to host a get together at my home course. It's a bit of a drive for some, but I think y'all would love the course, and find it challenging. It's a given, Bill, that I'll be over to tee it up with you on Lane Creek soon.

I will also add that you all can come down to Eagles Landing any time you would like. We could have a little MC prep series on a bunch of hard courses

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I'm still in awe of everything about the Morgan Cup. The people, formats, location, course, competition, dedication, sponsorship, video coverage, media ... If I hadn't watched the hours of video footage from last year, I probably wouldn't have understood how great the 2014 MC is destined to be.

Put in the work guys. Even if you don't play great at the MC, at least you know you prepped for it the best you could.

Back