The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is awesome news Morgan and Josh. I know how difficult it has been the last few weeks. Glad to hear some positives!

Just got back from the vet with Duke. He is doing so well!!! His breathing sounded better, no fluid in his lungs, his heart beat was better, the doctor seemed very pleased. We go back in 4 months for another ultrasound, and in the meantime we just have to monitor him.

The big thing right now is getting him past the 6 month mark. I couldn't ask last time because I was too upset, but I asked the vet this time what his life expectancy was. He said it's hard to tell, but on average a dog with his condition is about 6 months to a year. HOWEVER, in his experience, if they make it past 6 months with no issues, then he has seen many dogs live out their natural life as long as the meds keep working and we take care of him properly, which we know we do.

So, we just need to get past that 6 month mark. Right now, he's right on track, I couldn't be happier.

Great news!!!!! Keep getting well Duke!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Just got back from the vet with Duke. He is doing so well!!! His breathing sounded better, no fluid in his lungs, his heart beat was better, the doctor seemed very pleased. We go back in 4 months for another ultrasound, and in the meantime we just have to monitor him.

The big thing right now is getting him past the 6 month mark. I couldn't ask last time because I was too upset, but I asked the vet this time what his life expectancy was. He said it's hard to tell, but on average a dog with his condition is about 6 months to a year. HOWEVER, in his experience, if they make it past 6 months with no issues, then he has seen many dogs live out their natural life as long as the meds keep working and we take care of him properly, which we know we do.

So, we just need to get past that 6 month mark. Right now, he's right on track, I couldn't be happier.

Such a relief to hear I'm sure. Glad Duke will be fine.

Fantastic news and I'm so happy for you all :thumb:

So happy to hear about Duke guys. That is awesome news.

That makes me so happy to hear, way to go Duke!!!

Thanks everyone! We are so happy right now, and we will be even happier once we get past that 6 month mark. For now, he is sitting to the right of me and Ellie to the left of me in my office, and life is good. :smile:

Fantastic news Morgan, I know you two will take very good care of Duke, thanks for the update.

My son made me a birthday card and waited until he woke up this morning to give it to me. Such an awesome way to start the day. Can't wait to go home and have my birthday dinner with the fam
That's great, Philly. I love that type of thing. Good for you (and Happy B-Day!).

Found out recently that the wife and I are expecting a baby boy in September. New golf buddy!!!! So pumped!!! Had to share with the THP family
Congratulations!

Thanks everyone! We are so happy right now, and we will be even happier once we get past that 6 month mark. For now, he is sitting to the right of me and Ellie to the left of me in my office, and life is good. :smile:

Is Ellie going to town on Buckeye..aka Ohio? Heh

Great news...glad everything came back positive!

I'm really happy for you and JB. Great news!

Morgan, that is awesome news. Duke is lucky to have such a loving family, and I'm glad things are looking up.

Paws up!!! That's awesome news, so glad to hear! Here's to many months past 6!

Fantastic news, that Duke sounds like a real trooper!

That's great news for Morgan and JB! Awesome news for Duke!

Does this mean there is a possibility of Duke coming to Lake Charles???

Fantastic news Morgan!!!

Awesome news guys. Very glad to hear that your pup is doing well.

Dogs have a funny way of getting past things like this. I hope Duke continues to thrive.

Awesome news! So happy for Duke and all of you!

Great to hear Morgan!!

Great news about the Dukester. Hope he can make the road trip to Indy.

So happy for you guys GG. Good news to be sure!

JM

Great news Morgan, heres to 6 months many times over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back