What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ho hum indeed. But you know what? You are golfing and not working. I consider that a win.

It's the truth buddy, although I did put in a few hours today..

At the end of the day, I love being on course. I was mad about the conditions for a few holes, and then just totally stopped caring and had a great time. Even after a straight four footer dove hard right after two feet hahaha!

40-41 for a frustrating 81. 3 double bogeys from hitting into hazards when the ball went through the wind or it stopped altogether. The last one at least makes you laugh a bit. When you grab a 215 club for a 190 shot and the wind stops, MAN does that ball sail into a forest something fierce.

81 with three doubles is still solid work. Means that the rest of your round was pretty darn good.

Shot 39/40= 79 today at River Valley Ranch. Hit 8/14 FIR and 8/18 GIR with 33 putts, 1 birdie, 8 bogeys, and 9 pars. Today was some tough conditions with temps in the 40s cloudy and 20-30mph winds. I really hit the ball as well as I ever have today and that really carried me through the tough weather. My FIR numbers were great for me today and all of my misses but one were just off the fairway. I missed some greens that the wind did a number on. I had clubbed up 2 clubs in a couple situations. My putting really let me down though. I only made one putt longer than 3 feet and that was the story. Had a lot of 4-8ft par putts and lust couldnt get them home. Could have been a really great round but this is a huge step forward with my ball striking. Time to get my putting in order so I can maybe put a round together.

39/39= 78. Playing with Big Time, had to play a big game! Its in "shot of the day" but I had a Hole out for Eagle during the round which made up for a bad double on a chip duff just two holes before. Fun round! Nate is welcomed to play with me anytime!!

#DoWorkDotCom

Way to show Big Time what's coming in a few months.

40-41 for a frustrating 81. 3 double bogeys from hitting into hazards when the ball went through the wind or it stopped altogether. The last one at least makes you laugh a bit. When you grab a 215 club for a 190 shot and the wind stops, MAN does that ball sail into a forest something fierce.
Had that wind Yesterday cap--hard to figure when its gusty and not steady.

81 with three doubles is still solid work. Means that the rest of your round was pretty darn good.

Had that wind Yesterday cap--hard to figure when its gusty and not steady.

Putter was warm today for sure. Made several putts over 15ft, no three putts.

Hard to be mad, but... Maaaaan.

Walked a full 18 for the first time today...played really well for the first 16 holes and then just ran out of gas and ended with double/double

42/46 = 88

Congrats on the new PB Clarkey, 1 under is pretty awesome.

39/39= 78. Playing with Big Time, had to play a big game! Its in "shot of the day" but I had a Hole out for Eagle during the round which made up for a bad double on a chip duff just two holes before. Fun round! Nate is welcomed to play with me anytime!!

You gave me a run for my $$$$. You came to play. I need that back 9 over again as I could have really gone low. Tons of time to get my 9's straightened out. Thanks again for the invite!! Had a great time with you and Josh.

Only played 15. Was looking to be over 100 again. Short game is coming around. I feel that my hips are slow and my over the top is showing it's ugly head.

Shot a 75 from a mixture of Tee Boxes (Played the Black on some Blue and the whites on some)
(Playing Skins with 1 High, 1 Mid, and 1 Low Handicapper- they all played the white tees, I was just getting bored playing from the whites as in our usual game so I mixed it up some)
37 front with 8 pars and 1 bogey with 6 of 7 fairways 7 of 9 greens
38 back with 7 pars and 2 bogeys with 6 of 7 fairways and 5 of 9 greens
Couldn't buy a putt today but short game was pretty good when I missed the green, so all in all not a bad day.

Tradition-Scorecard-Only08-.jpg

Nice shooting, and smart too. A few of those holes look long just for the sake of being frustrating

Thanks Mward, I just cant play from the whites all the time as I feel it is not beneficial to my game. I like the challenge of mixing it up, and will play a round from the tips every once and a while. Its surprising how different the holes look from different Tee Boxes.

I completely agree. Play from the fronts and pin the ears back, play from the back and work on your course management and long game. Then mix and match and hope you get that happy blend

Played LaTorretta north of Houston inConroe with 2 guys, they played from the tips so I played back with them. Just under 7000 yards back there 73.3/130 it's a lot of course back there. Struggled out of the gate tripling #1 which was a par 5. Big difference hitting 4 iron into almost everything as opposed to most courses I play which are typically 6300-6500. The shortest par 3 was 177. Ended up 44/42 with one birdie on par 5 16th. The good news was though that I have struggled with my wedges and though i didn't hit any stiff but this was first round where I didn't completely blade any chips nor hit them fat. And also no 3 putts. So all in all not a great score, 6 fairways and 5 greens, but playing 500+ yards longer than normal and improved chipping I'll take it. Something to build on.

Was even through 7 holes. Hit all fairways and greens but could not read the green all day in terms of pace. Time to wear glasses again.

83 played alright still wet up here in Ohio

Played the back nine of Balcones CC with the wifesky last night. I shot a 50, with a quad and triple bogey, both of which were due to some trouble in the sand. There's nothing quite like hitting a good drive, a nice approach that juuuust misses the green, but ends up in the sand,,,,,,, and you need three shots to get out of the trap. I found four traps and had trouble with two. I had two pars last night, which was nice. Putting was solid, only one three putt. I feel like I have really turned a corner with my game and the strokes should start dropping off my score.

Good start Acuna and something to build on. Hitting good crisp shots, coupled with some course management will lead to solid scores.

Was supposed to take my wife to the doctor yesterday for a check up but they called and rescheduled the appointment. With nothing on the agenda I naturally headed to the golf course. Played at Jonesco (the goat track) from the whites and shot 39/39=78, 8/14 FWs, 9 GIRs, 33 putts with one 3 putt. First sub 80 round in a while so I was excited.

Horrible 108. No excuses, just played terribly during what was easily the least enjoyable round I've ever played.

Contributing factors - didn't carry the good work from through the week into the round; had a game plan, didn't follow it; lost focus; changed swing just about every shot; didn't get to grip with putt pace.
2 ball took 4hrs 20 which didn't help concentration levels.

On the positive side - driver came good after a few holes (shorter than I'd like but finding fairways) and hit some good hybrids. Tomorrow's another day.... :)

2014-04-05%20card.png

56 shots (12 hole course) +9 with a horrible 7 on the last hole.

Played with THPers salisboss and fireitup today. A local course that I have never played before. It was a struggle all day. Hit a few decent shots here and there. Hit some putts but not many. Finished with the same score as last time out with the same amount of putts which is weird. 97 with 31 putts. The wind was a real biatch today.

Much better golf from me today. Went out in 37 and came back in 38 for a 75. Played at I think 6,850 which is longer than I usually play.

Good stuff. Progress!!

Much better golf from me today. Went out in 37 and came back in 38 for a 75. Played at I think 6,850 which is longer than I usually play.

Good stuff. Progress!!

It just keeps getting better...59 watch in July :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back