The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Word WCBM!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Each year it amazes me how high JB & GG take this place to new heights. Knowing that this is the event that holds that special of a place to them and this community has me ever more fired up to volunteer my arse off to make sure the true essence of this event is captured for all to see. I owe it to Josh & Morgan, I owe it to the 40 THP'ers who are working hard & I owe it to the members who won't be in MB, but expecting the coverage to put them front row for the "Ultimate Golf Event Period!!"

Last edited:
Each year it amazes me how high JB & GG take this place to new heights. Knowing that this is the event that holds that special of a place to them and this community has me ever more fired up to volunteer my arse off to make sure the true essence of this event is captured for all to see. I owe it to Josh & Morgan, I owe it to the 40 THP'ers who are working hard & I owe or to the members who won't be on MB, but expecting the coverage to put them front row for the "Ultimate Golf Event Period!!"

Glad to see you this excited dude! You're going to have a blast. I listened to golf broadcasts on the Sirius PGA channel to get ready for last year haha. It didn't work...

JB just made my morning reading his post from last night.

I know we have had some brief talks about the doubters and those that thought they were entitled to participate in this event for whatever reason. I continue to smile with every step you and Morgan take forward with your company. This is a big deal. This is the Morgan F'ing Cup. This is one of your babies and for that I am very grateful and appreciative that I am taking part of this history being made. You know where I stand with this event and how happy I was to see it continue. It makes every ball I hit from the moment I was selected till the moment I leave True Blue actually mean something. That is special.

JB just made my morning reading his post from last night.

I know we have had some brief talks about the doubters and those that thought they were entitled to participate in this event for whatever reason. I continue to smile with every step you and Morgan take forward with your company. This is a big deal. This is the Morgan F'ing Cup. This is one of your babies and for that I am very grateful and appreciative that I am taking part of this history being made. You know where I stand with this event and how happy I was to see it continue. It makes every ball I hit from the moment I was selected till the moment I leave True Blue actually mean something. That is special.

I love this event, everything it stands for and the fact that everyone is putting there all into getting ready for July. It amazes me that anyone would actually feel "entitled" to be in this event. Everyday that has gone by since I was selected I am nothing but grateful that I was given this opportunity

Some folks need to check their pulses.

So, that post gave me goosebumps. I am literally sitting in class wishing I could go a) headbutt something/someone and b) get some more work in NOW.

Its the Morgan Cup gents, and it is going to blow minds.

I am still shocked that there are doubters. I am not sure what else needs to be done to show the world that the Morgan Cup is and always will be a to legit to quit. Haters don't hate the event, they hate they cant be in the event. They hate they can't derail the event. They hate for all the wrong reasons. It's just wasted energy and lip services.

The event has over taken itself and really just needs to be contained. The vision of one man has set trends in the industry and touch golf in ways he couldn't have imagined. The Morgan effn Cup is the real deal Holyfield and those that say isn't, need to find a new hobby. I'll say it again, I CAN'Y BELIVIEVE IT'S STILL AN ISSUE FOR SOME!

I want July to be here already but I don't. I want to be pacing back an forth on the first tee today, but I don't. I want to be bro hugging some folks I haven't seen a minute but I don't. I say I don't because the journey, this years journey has been fun and I see it getting more funner. (yeah, that's a new Pandaism) Things are steam rolling along and I can feel that familiar tone the MC takes as it starts to draw people in. And what cool is that some of you didn't even know you were being drawn in, but it's like a giant magnet drawing you closer and closer until you are stuck to it.

Everyone should have a sense of what the MC is about and what it means. It was bound to happen and will continue to happen as we get closer and beyond. The Morgan Cup is here to stay no matter what other might want or do. I don't know beyond this year but I can tell you that year is feeling pretty special to me.

I'm the same way. A lot of good times leading up has me sad thinking it will be over in a little over three months. Trying to savor every moment.

I'm the same way. A lot of good times leading up has me sad thinking it will be over in a little over three months. Trying to savor every moment.

Don't be sad Hawk....you'll get to see me this time!!

Man, I feel like a bonehead. I can't believe I have wasted all this time...

I'm in the Morgan f'ing Cup!!!

While I may not be in the competition part of it, I am still a part of the event. I am sorry guys for my slacking. I may not affect the final score, but that doesn't mean I should be held to a lower standard of commitment. That changes today.

It's the Morgan Cup baby! So hold on boys and girls it's going to be one hell of a ride!!

I love this event, everything it stands for and the fact that everyone is putting there all into getting ready for July. It amazes me that anyone would actually feel "entitled" to be in this event. Everyday that has gone by since I was selected I am nothing but grateful that I was given this opportunity

This is a true story. The night after the True Blue Bridgestone Invitational, about eight of us went out to dinner. I had to sit there and listen to two or three guys dominating the discussion, and bitching and whining about THP, some of whom felt they had "earned" their way into the Morgan Cup that year and were "passed over" for some unknown reason, among other perceived wrongs. One of these guys wasn't even in the damn Invitational. One might think, since I won that tournament along with TheChosenOne, that this would be a celebratory dinner of sorts for me. Instead, I had to listen to that bull$hit for two hours. Thankfully, the other five there were true THPers. But, I could not get out of there fast enough. Also thankfully, the three in question are no longer with us on THP.

That's the first time I've shared that story. But, it still pi$$e$ me off, as you can tell.

EDIT: Mods, perhaps it would be better to take this down. I'm not sure anything this negative should be in this thread. I would suggest to my brothers that they not quote this, but rather comment without quote. But, maybe I'm wrong. Something just touched me off this morning.

That sucks Ken. But unfortunately it always happens. You played great golf, even though Seth and I should have won, and you should have been able to enjoy that win.

Luckily this year you will be celebrating with 40+ awesome guys and gals no matter what the final tally is.

Nothing wrong with your post v.man. It wont be dwelled upon, because there is too much awesome going around. FWIW, I agree with your post and saw it for a while. Thankfully my wife (the boss) did something about it.

That sucks Ken. But unfortunately it always happens. You played great golf, even though Seth and I should have won, and you should have been able to enjoy that win.

Luckily this year you will be celebrating with 40+ awesome guys and gals no matter what the final tally is.

If Dan and I didn't crap ourselves on the back nine at TB, we would have given you guys a run for sure. Ugh.

I was also at that dinner with Ken. Definitely some off-putting moments, but things have a way of working themselves out.

I don't want to start another five-plus page post barrage in this thread on entitlement and/or working hard. I just know that my team is working their tails off, and we're coming to MB to do work.

#DoWorkDotCom

If Dan and I didn't crap ourselves on the back nine at TB, we would have given you guys a run for sure. Ugh.

I was also at that dinner with Ken. Definitely some off-putting moments, but things have a way of working themselves out.

I don't want to start another five-plus page post barrage in this thread on entitlement and/or working hard. I just know that my team is working their tails off, and we're coming to MB to do work.

#DoWorkDotCom

You guys gonna shag balls on the range?

Ask your teammates that Sunday afternoon.

[mic drop]

#DoWorkDotCom

I dont get it. Must be more lawyer speak. Are you dropping the mic down to your captain?

Thanks for sharing v.man, nothing wrong with sharing things from the past that will only make this event stronger for the future. Things always come full circle eventually.

I dont get it. Must be more lawyer speak. Are you dropping the mic down to your captain?

You will have no problem hearing me, I can promise you that :)

I would also say to the rest of THP not participating or involved with the MC, you can still be just as jazzed up as Josh, Morgan or any of the other people involved in this amazing event. Get active, stay activce, get connected and stay connected. The sponsors, THP, the competitors and volunteers make this event what it is, AWESOME!!!

The MC is truly a special event, it will always hold a special place in my heart, I am so proud to have competed in it last year and am so happy for each and every person that was picked this year.

Every time I read your posts it sends a chill up my spine and goosebumps follow, embrace every moment and I'm so happy I get to follow along with each and every one of you!

I cannot believe how stoked I STILL am about this event, the meaning behind it, the participants, and volunteers.

I desperately wanted into the event, to improve my game with focused purpose. I didn't make it.

I desperately wanted to offer my support to those same participants, I was competing against for a spot.
I didn't make it.

Yet, I sit still energized by this event as I am part of it, focusing on game improvement just as I will be hearing my name being called on the first tee. I still subscribe and follow to the goings on in this and other thread, why? Simple. The participants, sponsor, event, and enthusiasm is contagious!

THP, the Morgan cup, the participants, and the volunteers have my full and unwavering support, this is quite simply an awesome opportunity and to be anything but thrilled for each of them would be tragic!

Enjoy the ride!

I'm going to preface this by saying that I absolutely LOVE being a part of THP. Absolutely LOVE IT. Now, I'm not participating in the Morgan Cup nor am I volunteering, but I support EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU on this incredible journey. Obviously I would have loved to be in this event and I was upset when the final position was filled and I didn't make it. Any normal, competitive person would be. But I can honestly say that I NEVER ONCE hated on anyone or on THP just because I didn't get in. And for those that are HATING and DOUBTING THP and what it stands for, well, that just seems a bit petty and immature to me.

I just want all of you to know that I am proud to be a THP member. Even though the haters are going to hate and the doubters are going to doubt, that you have at the very least ONE THP BROTHER who is following along and cheering for each and every one of you. I cannot wait until July to follow along.

Back