What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you shoot today?

40/38- 78 (+6)

2 birds and a triple on the back. Was a really good day though. Really.

40/38- 78 (+6)

I would say so, outside of one bad hole you are looking at shooting even par dude.

36/40 even/+6 = 76 on an easy par 70 course. This course was extremely easy with a 115 slope so really disappointed in my back 9. I had two birds and 2 bogies and was still even after 10 before the bogie bleed started...

Week 2 of leagues was tonight. Last week I shot a 52, so I was hoping for a little redemption and got it in a big way tonight. Shot a 42 with 18 putts, which I think is the lowest 9 I've ever had at this particular course. I kept the same ball in play all night, which helped, and had a few medium length putts drop, 1 for birdie which is always fun. My biggest struggle has been shooting low rounds back to back, so hopefully I can come back strong next week.

Week 2 of leagues was tonight. Last week I shot a 52, so I was hoping for a little redemption and got it in a big way tonight. Shot a 42 with 18 putts, which I think is the lowest 9 I've ever had at this particular course. I kept the same ball in play all night, which helped, and had a few medium length putts drop, 1 for birdie which is always fun. My biggest struggle has been shooting low rounds back to back, so hopefully I can come back strong next week.

Rounds like that take a lot of intestinal fortitude.

#DoWorkDotCom

40/38- 78 (+6)

76 with a triple is really solid James. Well done.

40/38- 78 (+6)

you roll that Edel flatstick today?

2nd time out of the year and playing in 25* weather. Shot a 45 but I hit the ball quite well. Still need to get some things in control, been struggling with pushing the ball and early season short game woes but overall I was really happy (and a bit surprised) with the quality of contact I was making today. Typically, I lose strokes when I overswing and chunk them, and today I only had two bad shots, one skulled chip and one that I couldn't get over a tree I thought I could :). Should be an exciting final (competitive) season.

Shot a 48 before work this morning, and that was with a 9 on one par five where I had the trifecta of awesomeness: OB, then found a sand trap, and then three putted). But for that hole, it would have been a good round for me. Oh and my swing was just fine this morning. I wasn't swinging too hard at all. I came to terms that I am a short hitter compared to most, and that is okay. Instead of trying to give it my all with each swing, hold a little back and end up hitting it straighter. The important part is knowing your yardages with each club.

I just saw this dude. Congrats on the great round. It's such a good feeling when everything comes together.

Today was my first round of 18 since back surgery in January. I played with a lady I've never met who is part of the ladies group at Lane Creek. I started out with a double and a quad. My short game skills stunk but my putting was pretty good. I shot 90 but made par on the last 5 holes. It was a great to be back out there.

Glad you had your first round in months Kelly. Cobwebs shake off, you'll be back to your killer instincts soon enough.

Today was my first round of 18 since back surgery in January. I played with a lady I've never met who is part of the ladies group at Lane Creek. I started out with a double and a quad. My short game skills stunk but my putting was pretty good. I shot 90 but made par on the last 5 holes. It was a great to be back out there.

Good to see you back out there!

Rough day, teed off with the temp at 39* and the wind at 8-12 mph. 41/44-85, 12/14 FWs but only hit 5 GIRs. 33 putts, missed 4 opportunities for birdie inside of 15 feet and all slid by less than 2 inches on the left or right. The real story is that the last 4 holes were 5 over, that is where the round went bad, the wind was pretty high on those holes and I guess I tried to control the shot too much as I had 2 $h@nks on those last 4 holes. Played with only 1 of our regulars and with a guy who was a little rough to play with as our 3rd, all in all though it was a great day because I was on the course.

90 after back surgery? Wonder Woman!

90 after back surgery? Wonder Woman!

Haha! That's me alright. Here's how it went:

double, quad, bogey, bogey, par, double, par, par, par (45)
double, triple, triple, double, par, par, par, par, par (45)

A lot of the good, bad and ugly.

I imagined the night before I wonderful score but the wife and kids had other plans so I didn't score anything.

Windy but 82 at Wildcat Highlands in Houston. 42/40. No birdies though. 6 fairways and 9 greens, 2 of them were inside 10 feet, just missing everything on the right hand side by 2 inches, but speeds were fine guess it an eye thing.

Tough 92. My back started to get sore around hole 13 and I really struggled from there on. Poor iron shots left me with missed greens and long putts. Today was a bit of an eye opener. Range time and another lesson in the near future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yesh, 40/46 for an 86 today. Hit the ball so well except for 4 holes. Man I'd like to play them over again. Played at a local course that has Bermuda greens. They just put them in last summer and they are still very, very firm. Was good practice for playing in Orlando next week I expect.'

1 birdie, 8 pars, 5 bogeys, 3 doubles, 1 quad (ouch). 11/14 Fwy's, 10 GIR, 15 GIRP. 37 putts (not good), 3 three-putts, 2 penalty strokes, 1 OB.

Bermuda greens were running faster than the bent greens at my home course which is still recovering from aeration. Was far too tentative on the three 3-putts leaving the first putts way short!

45-41
ONLY 26 PUTTS

But that's because I only hit three greens and was chipping onto most of them.

Play today at 5 in the "Sundowner's Group" at the CC where my instructor works. First time I'll ever be playing for money. Everyone throws $5 into the pot and people are broken up into 2, 3, or 4 man teams to play a captains choice. Winners get the pot. I hope my driver doesn't fail me today. Going to get there early and work on it on the range beforehand.

I played yesterday 36. The first 18 was terrible...I just couldn't putt, I mean I just couldn't make the swing and send the ball straight, kept pushing and pulling it. Noticed on the 17th that I hinged my wrists for some reason...never done that before, stopped doing it straight as an arrow. I scored a 88, nothing good. I was so pissed on the 18th that I decided to skip work and headed to the caddie masters office. Within 5 minutes I was walking back to the 1st tee and joined three guys.

I gathered my self, played ok, but every drive was sliced, badly...like 90° bad. Irons were on fire and putting as well, ended up with three birdies and a score of 79.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back