What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
46-49/95 on a course that was playing extremely harder than normal. Rock hard and lightning fast greens have been haunting me the past few weeks.

Only 5 FW hit had me scrambling resulting in only 1 GIR. 35 putts on green cement. Very frustrated right now.

On a good note, I played with Kang and he told me what I had been doing wrong that was preventing me from making solid contact. Thanks Kang for the tip and the use of the Bertha again.

I've been playing Kang's Bertha for the past two days while my Encore heals. On #18 he puts down his Alpha and hits the Bertha 310. There went my chance to buy the Bertha from him! On a funny note, Kang quote of the day: "I think my vibrator is broken". Sorry buddy, but I told you I had to post that.

I think I will put the clubs away tomorrow and come back next week with a fresh attack. It seems like I have far to many thoughts in my head right now while I'm swinging. I said "thoughts" not voices!

The jolt on my v3 dammit!

Messed up an eagle on the 17th, but today was a good day, confidence is back :)

Screen_Shot_2014_04_23_at_20_16_28.png

Great round!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a 9am lesson then went out to River Ridge west of Houston in Sealy, great track, highly recommend it, though there were a few mosquitoes. Shot 42/38 for an 80. Made 3 birdies and had 2 three putts. But still a solid round.

46 for 9 at my club. It's been a weird season so far. Scores are better, but I feel like my swing isn't as good as it was during the winter. Lots of solid recovery shots keep me in the hunt and then putting has been solid. The 3h has been really good stuff.

A quiet 82. Should have been in the 70s if it weren't for some putting and other short game lapses. Did have 2 nice birdies though.

A quiet 82. Should have been in the 70s if it weren't for some putting and other short game lapses. Did have 2 nice birdies though.

Nice shooting dude. Tough to score in such windy conditions.

Another really good ball striking day...in fact I set a new PB for GIR with 11/18

Now I need to work on proximity to the hole to turn those 25-40 foot birdie putts into 10-15 footers.

39/42 = 81.
8/13 Fairways
11 GIR
35 putts (No three putts though.....17 2 putts and a 1 putt for my only birdie)
2 bunkers
2 penalty strokes

40/40-80

Just couldn't get it going on and around the greens. Was just one of those hum-drum days.

Played 9 holes with a smooth 51... Ouch.

It was my 3rd round of the year and first since February. I was actually surprised, I hit the ball fairly well, and didn't take a penalty stroke and only had 2 terrible shots, but my short game was a joke and kept finding traps somehow.

I am willing to bet it is the first time I have ever gone over 50 without a penalty stroke.

40/40-80

Just couldn't get it going on and around the greens. Was just one of those hum-drum days.

80 isn't a bad off day!

Shot an 80 (41-39) today playing with Flog.

Struck the ball pretty well. I had a couple loose tee shots on the front that ended up in hazards and cost me doubles. Otherwise, tee game was pretty decent.

Irons were pretty good as well. Ball striking was good in general. I just had some issues judging the wind and how receptive the greens would be. Greens were incredibly firm and a little extra grainy. Tough to judge for approach shots and for shots around the green.

Chipping was an adventure, but I'll chalk that up mostly to the funny greens. I had a few chips that I hit the way I wanted and ended up rolling forever. I did have a few excellent flop shots from some awkward places.

Overall, putting was good today. I made some nice putts to save par that were pretty clutch. Towards the end of the round, though, the greens seemed to be breaking more.

Scoring was also kind of strange. For the first 3-4 holes of each nine I was either even or +1. The last few holes on each side things got loose. I was actually concerned about my game getting too loose at the turn, but I quickly made several nice shots and strung several pars together. This was followed by holes with some bad bounces and a couple putts that I should have made.

All in all a productive round, even though the score was a little high. Some of the adjustments that I've been working on are still there. I had a moment of over correction on my stance where I started to crowd the ball, but I made an adjustment that really seemed to help.

Played 9 after work. Very weird round. I found 3 hazards which is very bad in only 9 holes. Made two birdies though. +3 39

+4 39 on a par 35. 5 of 6 FW, 3 of 9 GIR, 16 putts. Put my Mashie Shafts in the J40 Hybrids and made a TON of difference. I need to find a similar shaft in the offering from Bridgestone for sure. Easy after work course, but my ball striking is really settling down and getting consistent. Probably 3 of the missed greens were chutt-able, so not too far off.

JM

Played 9 after work. Very weird round. I found 3 hazards which is very bad in only 9 holes. Made two birdies though. +3 39

+4 39 on a par 35. 5 of 6 FW, 3 of 9 GIR, 16 putts. Put my Mashie Shafts in the J40 Hybrids and made a TON of difference. I need to find a similar shaft in the offering from Bridgestone for sure. Easy after work course, but my ball striking is really settling down and getting consistent. Probably 3 of the missed greens were chutt-able, so not too far off.

JM

#TeamHackers # SilentAssassins

Shot an 80 (41-39) today playing with Flog.

Struck the ball pretty well. I had a couple loose tee shots on the front that ended up in hazards and cost me doubles. Otherwise, tee game was pretty decent.

Irons were pretty good as well. Ball striking was good in general. I just had some issues judging the wind and how receptive the greens would be. Greens were incredibly firm and a little extra grainy. Tough to judge for approach shots and for shots around the green.

Chipping was an adventure, but I'll chalk that up mostly to the funny greens. I had a few chips that I hit the way I wanted and ended up rolling forever. I did have a few excellent flop shots from some awkward places.

Overall, putting was good today. I made some nice putts to save par that were pretty clutch. Towards the end of the round, though, the greens seemed to be breaking more.

Scoring was also kind of strange. For the first 3-4 holes of each nine I was either even or +1. The last few holes on each side things got loose. I was actually concerned about my game getting too loose at the turn, but I quickly made several nice shots and strung several pars together. This was followed by holes with some bad bounces and a couple putts that I should have made.

All in all a productive round, even though the score was a little high. Some of the adjustments that I've been working on are still there. I had a moment of over correction on my stance where I started to crowd the ball, but I made an adjustment that really seemed to help.

I'm watching you.

JM

Nice round. I hope your definition of chutt-able isn't as liberal as Mr. Dean's.

I'm watching you.

Nice round. I hope your definition of chutt-able isn't as liberal as Mr. Dean's.

Nah, HE is legendary, I'm talking 7 or 8 feet max. You gotta do what you gotta do though! HaHa.

JM

40/40-80

I would take a hum-drum 80 right now!
Played 9 holes with a smooth 51... Ouch.

It was my 3rd round of the year and first since February. I was actually surprised, I hit the ball fairly well, and didn't take a penalty stroke and only had 2 terrible shots, but my short game was a joke and kept finding traps somehow.

I am willing to bet it is the first time I have ever gone over 50 without a penalty stroke.

Good to see you back out there dude.

Yesterday played Willow Run in Sioux Falls, SD.

Rough start, had 2 7's on the first 2 holes, but rallied of sorts for a 48 on the front nine.
My eagerness to continue playing decent golf was only a thought.
I shot a 57 on the back, with count em 9 penalties, the course was fair, but playing it a few times would be beneficial. Willow run also had some tough greens, and I wasn't making a lot of putts.

It was a stumble,I will get there! I must!

I had a 41 40. 81 today on Indian Bayou in Destin. Had another slow start, but kept it together pretty well. It was a good bit windy today. The course was in very good shape, and I always enjoy playing here. Regatta Bay on deck, which can be a very tough track if the wind is up again.

I had a 41 40. 81 today on Indian Bayou in Destin. Had another slow start, but kept it together pretty well. It was a good bit windy today. The course was in very good shape, and I always enjoy playing here. Regatta Bay on deck, which can be a very tough track if the wind is up again.
I'm glad to see some low scores coming from you partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back