Odyssey V-Line Tank Cruiser Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This putter all around just screams, "roll me!!" From the weight set down to the grip you have pure beauty. Well done on the Tank Cruiser. Can you putt like the Big Guns?!?!

Very nice review, James.

I'm intrigued by the V-Line. I like the feel of the WHP insert, and counterbalancing is growing on me. This one will hit the ponder list for certain.

Very well written and informative article. Love the look of the sole on this one, and beyond that the club looks crazy easy to setup and align properly. Add to that the White Hot Pro insert which I love and you have a great putter on your hands. The weighting system and being able to get it "just right" for each golfer will go a long way.

Great stuff Jman, I love the ability to change out the weight in the grip, that is very much needed to get that “that’s it” feel in a counter balanced putter. I need to try one of these bad boys out.

Very nice review, James.

I'm intrigued by the V-Line. I like the feel of the WHP insert, and counterbalancing is growing on me. This one will hit the ponder list for certain.

Best counterbalance putter out there IMO, I have no qualms with saying it again and again. I think people who haven't been big on CB would enjoy it as well with the ability to go lighter on it and not being forced into heavy. Counterbalance is about the balance point, not being hefty, I think too many get lost there.

Very well written and informative article. Love the look of the sole on this one, and beyond that the club looks crazy easy to setup and align properly. Add to that the White Hot Pro insert which I love and you have a great putter on your hands. The weighting system and being able to get it "just right" for each golfer will go a long way.

Its the whole package, it really is.

Wouldn't mind trying the #1 wide. I do like that you can tinker with this one a little, though I also wonder how much benefit the average guy would get from it. That said, this isn't really an average guy's putter. Already a Tour winner, so it's got some validation early in the game. Great info James.

Well done James. I have to admit I was skeptical because I borderline hate SS grips. Then I rolled the Tank Cruiser #1 wide (the V-line isnt available in LH) for a half hour on Monday and it was like a light bulb went off. The weighting in the grip gives it a totally different feeling. I fell in love with that putter and it will be in my MC bag. If you look at Odyssey's 2014 lineup, they literally have something for EVERYONE.

Great review Jman, not to mention Lydia Ko uses one! I love the veratility they are offering with the ability to change the weights and basically make this thing you're own rather than make the golfers adjust to the putter. I really need to get some rolls in with one of these. Tough to balance the $250 price tag when for a few more bucks you could get a Bettinardi....but whatever puts the ball in the hole quicker is the best putter, right?!

One of your better reviews James. Very detailed and a ton of great info. This is one putter I need to spend some time with as I like the idea of counterbalance but I have yet to find the right weight combo. The ability to adjust both ends should allow me to find something I like.

Nice review James! I like the looks of this one, and the weight adjustability is awesome.

Well done James, this thing sounds like a winner for sure. I finally got a chance to roll one and I was smitten for sure.

Nice job, James. I'm kind of torn if I want a bunch of options when it comes to my putter weighting, but nice to see it from Odyssey as I'm sure they can pull it off right.

Nice job, James. I'm kind of torn if I want a bunch of options when it comes to my putter weighting, but nice to see it from Odyssey as I'm sure they can pull it off right.

Options are good Duey. Once you find something that works best, you will likely stick with it so its not about tinkering down the road as much as it is dialing it in up front. Or at least thats how I look at it.

Options are good Duey. Once you find something that works best, you will likely stick with it so its not about tinkering down the road as much as it is dialing it in up front. Or at least thats how I look at it.

Guessing you are right, Dev. I just see myself second guessing things with changing green speeds/slopes and conditions, not to mention my feel is different every day I go out, lol. Narrow down my options and I'll learn to use whats in front of me.

Absolutely stellar review here James!

We knew CB would continue to pick up steam but the way in which Odyssey has done it with the variable weight options is just fantastic. I just love how you can really dial this into that right setting for you as it relates to weight and balance when the vast majority of other companies have a stock weight and then you have to go aftermarket with self modifications if it's not just right.

Kudos to Odyssey and I look forward to rolling this one.

Love the looks of this putter, and I think it's one that would be right in my wheelhouse.

Wouldn't mind trying the #1 wide. I do like that you can tinker with this one a little, though I also wonder how much benefit the average guy would get from it. That said, this isn't really an average guy's putter. Already a Tour winner, so it's got some validation early in the game. Great info James.

I dunno, I'm still a huge proponent that a lot of average golfers could really benefit from counterbalancing or even just backweighting their putters.

The #1 Wide looks SWEET.

Well done James. I have to admit I was skeptical because I borderline hate SS grips. Then I rolled the Tank Cruiser #1 wide (the V-line isnt available in LH) for a half hour on Monday and it was like a light bulb went off. The weighting in the grip gives it a totally different feeling. I fell in love with that putter and it will be in my MC bag. If you look at Odyssey's 2014 lineup, they literally have something for EVERYONE.

You forgot something...

That I was right.

Great review Jman, not to mention Lydia Ko uses one! I love the veratility they are offering with the ability to change the weights and basically make this thing you're own rather than make the golfers adjust to the putter. I really need to get some rolls in with one of these. Tough to balance the $250 price tag when for a few more bucks you could get a Bettinardi....but whatever puts the ball in the hole quicker is the best putter, right?!

Yep, adjust the putter for the person, not the person for the putter.

Sadly I'm sure some will dismiss them b/c of the price and them not being milled, but damn this insert is SO good.

One of your better reviews James. Very detailed and a ton of great info. This is one putter I need to spend some time with as I like the idea of counterbalance but I have yet to find the right weight combo. The ability to adjust both ends should allow me to find something I like.

Thank you dude, I think this line is directly in your wheelhouse. If only we could get them to give us some CENTER SHAFTED options.

Yeah, but I think you would see that for most it will be like an adjustable driver, most will simply set it and forget it after they're comfortable. I know I have since tinkering w different combos.

Absolutely stellar review here James!

We knew CB would continue to pick up steam but the way in which Odyssey has done it with the variable weight options is just fantastic. I just love how you can really dial this into that right setting for you as it relates to weight and balance when the vast majority of other companies have a stock weight and then you have to go aftermarket with self modifications if it's not just right.

Kudos to Odyssey and I look forward to rolling this one.

I'm sure I sound insane and repetitive to some here, but its the best CB'ing we have seen so far IMO. Troof.

Love the looks of this putter, and I think it's one that would be right in my wheelhouse.

The Vline shape is definitely Beags approved.

The more I look at this one the more I really like it. Would consider gaming this one for sure

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I dunno, I'm still a huge proponent that a lot of average golfers could really benefit from counterbalancing or even just backweighting their putters.

The #1 Wide looks SWEET.

You forgot something...

That I was right.

Yeah yeah yeah.. And the #1 wide is my favorite headshape of all time so it immediately drew me to it.

I like it! I obviously would want to try the #7 with a shorter shaft, but love the fact you can play with the weights.

Yeah, but I think you would see that for most it will be like an adjustable driver, most will simply set it and forget it after they're comfortable. I know I have since tinkering w different combos.

The more I ponder these, the more I think you guys are correct. What I really wonder is just how much difference the average person notices changing weights to effect a swing weight? Is there that big of a difference?

The more I ponder these, the more I think you guys are correct. What I really wonder is just how much difference the average person notices changing weights to effect a swing weight? Is there that big of a difference?

There was a very noticeable different from lighter to heavier weights, in fact, with every combo there was a noticeable difference for me.

Looks like a Rife Barbados ! As a user of a cut down 2 ball white hot pro belly putter this putter is very interesting !

Agree 1000% on the centre shaft version!!!!!!!

Back