The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I heard we only get to chose 3 clubs to play with in that first round. #chosewisely

THIS IS NOT TRUE. THIS WAS A DCBRAD JOKE. #lawyered

I'll be sending you a bill, Friend.

My second round of F5ing today! Very curious.

Yet another annoumcement about the first round matchups??? What could it possibly be? Formats announced. Matchups announced. Now what??? #impatientlywaiting

Okay, I'm ready. Let's hear it.

I'm here, in this thread, not going anywhere. Just when you think rounds 1 & 2 are set you get a bomb dropped.

#FranchiseRewritten

Ready to hear this new info..... As long as It doesn't have to do with putting I'll be good to go ... I think

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

What a day, glad to have access to some hovering soon. What could it be?

Could it be something about the tees we are going to play? Always possible, but for some reason I don't think so.

Anouncement of announcements! I'm ready!

Could it be something about the tees we are going to play? Always possible, but for some reason I don't think so.

I heard we are playing the ladies tees

JB, king of the teasers.

Well I wonder what more there could be announced for the first round. Interesting.

Handicaps in play?

This is feeding time and the babbit's. 4th meal must be completed prior to announcement

Ugh. Don't even joke about that mess

First its not a mess. If people use real handicaps, the system works well.

With that being said, that is absolutely not happening in the Morgan Cup. People had 7 months to prepare and reach their personal goals.
Some did, some didnt, but all will be revealed in July.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

First its not a mess. If people use real handicaps, the system works well.

With that being said, that is absolutely not happening in the Morgan Cup. People had 7 months to prepare and reach their personal goals.
Some did, some didnt, but all will be revealed in July.

Thank God for the quick clarification on that one.

And no Josh, I'm not calling you God. ;)

Okay gentlemen, your Saturday matchups have all been officially announced.
Your Friday will be an amazing day that NOBODY has a clue about.
Your Sunday will be filled with singles.

You have 60 days or so before the event is here and we are asking all 60 of you to meet the criteria and do so with a bang.
Show the THPers out there, those following the event and the sponsors that this event brings excitement to the community.
If 200 posts is too much to ask, then it tells us something for future events of this magnitude.

For the last 2 months of action, we have a request. Bring it.
Everybody has reached the requirements so far and for that we applaud you.
Some however have decided that their 200 posts per month should be relegated to local area chat threads or saying "welcome to THP" to new members. Nothing wrong with either of those approaches as they are with in the rules, but we are asking, maybe the better word is telling, you that the last two months, we need to see some action.

If 10 minutes a day on THP is too much to ask for, for 6-10 posts, then I am at a loss for words. As I said, everybody has done great so far, but for the last 2 months, we are going to say that local chat threads and welcome to THP posts will not count towards your 200 mark. You have plenty of time to finish off the month strong.

Come next week, THP will be meeting with each and every sponsor to discuss this event. To discuss Staff Sponsor Day. To discuss the future. Its hard to believe that in listing the 40 THPers involved, I only got to 31 before having to look. That tells me something since its my job. A...That I need to do it better. And B...That the last two months is your chance to shine.

Each of you have done a great job in this long and monumental journey and the finish line is in your sights. Some say we ask for a lot, I am not sure I agree, but lets say we do...We are asking for you to tear it up and be a part of this community for the remaining time until Staff Sponsor Day kicks off. 10 minutes a day is all we are asking. Join us in making sure the final turn is an amazing chapter.

Thought I would bump this one again as well.

Ugh. Don't even joke about that mess
Like Jb said, it's a true testament to how the handicap system works. At the king, it made every match relevant.

Back