2014 Morgan Cup - Media Day Is Now Staff Sponsor Day

I have no idea what to expect. I can tell you it does bring out the little kid in me. Like a sponge soaking up water, how much can I hold before I burst.

Staff sponsor day will be unreal! For all 40 participants

The thought of this day is what gets me through most days. It's what motivates me to better not only in golf but with everything l do!

The best part is...The veterans don't know what is coming either.
Staff Sponsor Day is new. And will be a ton of fun.
Such a cool new experience for everyone!

Now that right there is really cool. I can not wait to up to MB
The best part is...The veterans don't know what is coming either.
Staff Sponsor Day is new. And will be a ton of fun.

Freddie, you've been reading my mind, and probably a lot of others' with these timely bumping of threads. I thought about it today, and even knowing what sticks are going to be in that bag, I'm still going to blow a fuse.

I will need to bring extra tape for Staff Sponsor day, I have a feeling my hands might go raw from hitting so many balls!

I will need to bring extra tape for Staff Sponsor day, I have a feeling my hands might go raw from hitting so many balls!

I was thinking the same thing. Tape will be a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thinking about Media Day makes me very happy. Don't be alarmed when I start screaming like a little girl.

Just thinking about Media Day makes me very happy. Don't be alarmed when I start screaming like a little girl.

You and everyone else. Lots of high pitched sounds expected.

I will flat out have tears in my eyes. I dont care. Have I mentioned that Sponsor day is on my birthday? Hahaha

What a great birthday that will be!

I sure hope I'm behind the camera catching 40 jaws drop on this day. Just one of the many, many things I look forward to that's going to happen during this awesome week.

We are 9 weekends away before we embark on this crazy amazing weekend. Staff Sponsor Day, here we come!

This is really hard to fathom.

I've honestly not tried to guess what will happen....being lucky enough to be there twice I just kinda assume it will be the same as previous just cause I really don't know how it could be any better.

Patiently await to be pleasantly surprised and even...... #mindblown?

Who knows......but it's approaching quicker than a freight train and I still have a bunch of work to be done.

This is really hard to fathom.

I've honestly not tried to guess what will happen....being lucky enough to be there twice I just kinda assume it will be the same as previous just cause I really don't know how it could be any better.

Patiently await to be pleasantly surprised and even...... #mindblown?

Who knows......but it's approaching quicker than a freight train and I still have a bunch of work to be done.

This is the part that has me in panic mode some days. So much I still want to get done, and the sand in the old hour glass is steadily draining away!

This is the part that has me in panic mode some days. So much I still want to get done, and the sand in the old hour glass is steadily draining away!

Agreed, there are moments in the middle of a day that it just crosses my mind and hits me like a ton of bricks.

I can't wait to get out there with all 40 guys and start hitting the shots we've all been dreaming about hitting with our new weapons of choice and fitting. For some of us it will be our first time and some it will be our only time experiencing something of this magnitude. #makememories

You want to get hit by a ton of bricks? Here ya go.
Friday morning will be like the holidays. You already know that part. You know that it kicks off #THPMC. You know that there will be staff bags lined up like lawyers at a car wreck (hey ATL). Each will be filled with the clubs you ordered. And your company representative will be there.

No these are not the sales people or company "reps" that go to demo days or anything of the sort. These people are coming from the home office. Traveling across the country in many cases to see their staff. That's right, you are their staff for the day (and weekend). They will greet you. They will have tasks for you and for the next few hours, you are theirs. Again, not earth shattering for those that believe they understand this day.

There will be range balls and people will have time to try out their stuff (maybe). Then of course there is 9 holes after this for you to practice with your new gear. So what is different? EVERYTHING!!!!

Friday morning you will be banned from the range until 9am. Dont believe me? Well if you are not in the designated spot when the volunteers come and get you, you will not receive your golf bag. Sound strict? It is. And for a reason. Think showing up casually is okay? Nope. Think showing up early is okay? Nope. You will be in the breakfast area or on the deck at the True Blue 18th (Champagne Celebration spot) at around 9am. You will be there until the volunteers come and get you. If you are not there at 9am when they do, you will not be part of staff sponsor day. That means no sneaking off to the putting green, range, cart barn, or anywhere else. If you break these rules, your 2014 #THPMC will end early. AND WE ARE SERIOUS!

At the time of summons, you will come down to the range and see your staff area. You will be introduced to the person(s) there that will work with you for the entire morning. What are they working on you with? Well, you will have to wait and see. But I can tell you it WILL NOT BE PROMO VIDEOS ON EACH PIECE OF GEAR! You will be tasked with updating a live thread. You will be tasked with posting on Twitter.

But the work part will be what you are waiting for. The law and order of the morning, will be worth it. By the time you settle in to the dinner we have set up on Friday evening, a wave will have washed over you and you will wonder what the heck is going on. You are, at that time...A tour player. That is not PR, bullsh!t or anything else. These companies dont contribute all of this for the wonderful PR, they do so because they love THP and the people here and believe this event is special. You will be a part of an event that has never been done, and might never be done again. I will have some words on Friday night. Im sure I will get a bit emotional. Laugh if you will. Then everybody will break bread, have some drinks and love, laugh and smile at each other, before the competition begins and the trek to immortality starts.

The journey is over. There are less than 8 weeks to go. At this point let the excitement rush over you. Let it fill you with all the emotions that you felt when you got selected. The highs and lows are over. From here on out, it should be nothing more than you remembering why you wanted to be a part of this. Sit back, close your eyes and remember that night your name was called.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period is pretty much here and you are all in for something spectacular.

Boom goosebumps as always. Such a big chance from last year I'm so excited I can't freaking wait.

S#!t just got real for you 40.

Chills....it is so close now I can start to taste it. I want that day to go by so slow.

Back