2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set out to lose 40 lbs by my birthday in November. So far I have dropped 10 lbs in three weeks. Been doing 3 full body lifts a week and 4 days of cardio. Trying not to bulk up I know that can quickly ruin a golf swing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

That is my thought too. I can do 30 minutes, there is always 30 minutes in the day to do a workout. Then if I am feeling up to it, I can add another 30 minute workout in.

In my experience GG, I truly believe one would get much more out of 2 focused 30 minute sessions than 1 hour long workout - focus and intensity tends to wander after a while. And you have the added benefit of the "after burn" of 2 workouts. I would caution though that 2 high intensity workouts in the same day may be too much, especially if done on a regular basis.

In my experience GG, I truly believe one would get much more out of 2 focused 30 minute sessions than 1 hour long workout - focus and intensity tends to wander after a while. And you have the added benefit of the "after burn" of 2 workouts. I would caution though that 2 high intensity workouts in the same day may be too much, especially if done on a regular basis.

I don't think you read my posts above. I am doing a yoga program, and adding the T25 in with it. I am not doing the T25 as directed though, because I am not doing it 6 days a week. And I said if you feel up to it you can always do a second 30 minute workout.

But I should add that when I was a gym rat (many moons ago now) I could would easily do 2 a days, and those were very high intensity workouts. But I am older now, and my body just can't handle that kind of routine like it used to.

2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

I don't think you read my posts above. I am doing a yoga program, and adding the T25 in with it. I am not doing the T25 as directed though, because I am not doing it 6 days a week. And I said if you feel up to it you can always do a second 30 minute workout.

But I should add that when I was a gym rat (many moons ago now) I could would easily do 2 a days, and those were very high intensity workouts. But I am older now, and my body just can't handle that kind of routine like it used to.

I'm thinking the yoga/T25 hybrid you've got going will get you some great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

No, I read it - and what you are doing is great! I was making a general observation.

A few weeks ago I posted about lifting heavy and the possibility of messing up my swing. I haven't been hitting the range as often as I would like while starting this new program, I wanted to hit the range at least twice a week and get at least 9 holes in per week on top of that. Well, I've hit the range about once every 2 weeks and got one round every two weeks. Work has just been crazy, but a good crazy! Anyway, I'm up 10 lbs in the last 2 months, down 2% body fat (most of you know I'm pretty lean to begin with), and my strength is through the roof. Using 100lb Dumbbells on a flat bench on my last set of 6 for the first time since I was 20. I went out yesterday to play and I am hitting the ball better than ever! My ball striking was just ridiculous and I hadn't swung in 2 weeks. Distance was even up on my drives, irons were close to the same maybe a few yards longer. 2 drives were over 300 I'm not out there trying to kill the ball, I think I just got lucky on a couple. So far the new program is working great and after my daughters birthday party next week I wont be doing as much work around the house and I can finally get some more rounds in.

I will add I have been eating nothing but steak and chicken with some veggies for supper. Eggs and fruit for breakfast and Usually for lunch I eat fast food still but try to keep it light. Grilled chicken breast from Subway is my most common lunch but I give in and have a burger once a week. My snacks are usually an apple or a couple hard boiled eggs.

Morgan I don't think I could do that T25 6 days a week either! That program is way too intense to be doing it 6 days a week, my wife and I were doing P90x before and we made sure we hit every muscle group but we spread it out a little more.

Just did another T25 and yoga combo. My heart rate monitor said I burned over 600 calories...I'll take it!
Damn girl, you are working

Just did another T25 and yoga combo. My heart rate monitor said I burned over 600 calories...I'll take it!

T25, P90x/2/, Insanity, all of those are hardcore calorie burners. They may not feel like it in some of them but somehow they do. Keep tearing it up.

I'm on Day 6 of my running streak. Aiming to run at least 1 mile per day from Memorial Day to Independence Day. It'll be a good start to my 100 Miles this summer. Love that I found my motivation to run again.

Week 2 of the T25/P90x hybrid. Speed 2.0 is no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got in 6 miles yesterday. I forgot how good that feels

Did some limited cardio this morning and worked my chest/tri's. Strength is equally as high as its ever been. Scale at the gym says I'm up 12 lbs in the last 2 1/2 months. Going back for Leg training and some more cardio this evening.

Did my T25/yoga combo today. It wasn't my best effort but I still got it done and was a sweaty mess. I burned a ton of calories and got my heart rate up, but just not quite as much as I did over the weekend. Tomorrow is just T25, so let's see how that goes.

So far I have actually looked forward to working out with this new program. I hope that excitement lasts.

Last edited:
The baby and I took a bike ride. Hot out there.

Squats last night 5x3 at 70%. Followed by 5x3 rack deadlifts. Legs are pretty dead

Down to 185. 10 more pounds to go and I will be one happy camper. A shout out to my wonderful wife for staying strong when I am not. We do 5 days on and 2 days off. Those 2 days don't mean head right to the buffet, but they are not monitored at all.

Added a fitness band to look over my routine and I think more than anything it will motivate me. Had a heck of a time deciding, but when push came to shove I went with the Withings Pulse o2.

Down to 185. 10 more pounds to go and I will be one happy camper. A shout out to my wonderful wife for staying strong when I am not. We do 5 days on and 2 days off. Those 2 days don't mean head right to the buffet, but they are not monitored at all.

Added a fitness band to look over my routine and I think more than anything it will motivate me. Had a heck of a time deciding, but when push came to shove I went with the Withings Pulse o2.

WTG Josh! I am just starting up a fitness program. Need to fit into a tux in 5 months :sweat:

WTG Josh! I am just starting up a fitness program. Need to fit into a tux in 5 months :sweat:

Haha. It feels good brother. Feels really good. I'm not there yet, but know I'm getting close to breaking through. The traveling is tough but with 5 on and 2 off I don't punish myself.

Most think those bands are a fad, but using it as a motivational tool is exactly how I use mine. Not bad to have a little goal to help you on the way.

Most think those bands are a fad, but using it as a motivational tool is exactly how I use mine. Not bad to have a little goal to help you on the way.

I think we will see a shift in them over the next two years to more of a lifestyle device, but they are here to stay. For me I needed one that was also a watch or I knew I wouldn't wear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back